OPEN[PLAY]The Hobby-Horse by Pinero - thw

Plays and other dramatic works
MichaelMaggs
Posts: 241
Joined: April 27th, 2012, 1:10 am
Location: UK

Post by MichaelMaggs » April 15th, 2020, 10:31 am

Here are the stage directions for acts 1 to 3 ready to PL. I’ve included the introductory note, omitting the copy of the first performance programme, as requested by Todd.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/hobbyhorse_narrator_1_128kb.mp3 @ 18:01
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/hobbyhorse_narrator_2_128kb.mp3 @ 15:34
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/hobbyhorse_narrator_3_128kb.mp3 @ 12:33

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 10542
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » April 15th, 2020, 11:07 am

Thank you.

Todd

AdamBielka
Posts: 299
Joined: December 18th, 2019, 1:05 am
Location: Cascadia

Post by AdamBielka » April 15th, 2020, 1:40 pm

Far as I could tell, Lyman was only 2 lines... 0:36

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/hobbyhorse_lyman_3_128kb.mp3
Join the "Frauds, Forgeries, and Fake News Collection" - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=78482&hilit=fake+news

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 10542
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » April 15th, 2020, 1:53 pm

Thank you.

Todd

MrsHand
Posts: 3966
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 11:54 am
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Post by MrsHand » April 15th, 2020, 7:40 pm

May I read Mr Shattuck?

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 10542
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » April 16th, 2020, 4:52 am

Thank you.

Todd

alanmapstone
Posts: 1576
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » April 17th, 2020, 4:23 am

Pews act 3

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/hobbyhorse_pews_3.mp3

As Pews leaves the stage early in act 1 it must have been really tedious for the actor to wait around until the end of act 3 just to come back for 2 shared lines :hmm:
alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 1421
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » April 17th, 2020, 4:45 am

alanmapstone wrote:
April 17th, 2020, 4:23 am
As Pews leaves the stage early in act 1 it must have been really tedious for the actor to wait around until the end of act 3 just to come back for 2 shared lines :hmm:
Backstage brandy. :wink:

Cheers,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
_________________
My LV catalogue page
Son of the Exiles YouTube Channel
Featured Plays

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22771
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 17th, 2020, 10:41 am

MichaelMaggs wrote:
April 15th, 2020, 10:31 am
Here are the stage directions for acts 1 to 3 ready to PL. I’ve included the introductory note, omitting the copy of the first performance programme, as requested by Todd.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/hobbyhorse_narrator_1_128kb.mp3 @ 18:01
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/hobbyhorse_narrator_2_128kb.mp3 @ 15:34
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/hobbyhorse_narrator_3_128kb.mp3 @ 12:33
great job again, Michael, all acts are PL ok on the first go :thumbs: and for a Pinero that is a big deal ;) I saw that the part of the note was omitted, but since Todd requested this, nothing is missing elsewhere.

Thank you so much, and sorry for the delay in feedback. Pretty busy these days...

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22771
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 17th, 2020, 10:46 am

AdamBielka wrote:
April 15th, 2020, 1:40 pm
Far as I could tell, Lyman was only 2 lines... 0:36
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/hobbyhorse_lyman_3_128kb.mp3
yes very bizarre that a brandnew character would show up in Act 3 only for a couple of lines. :hmm: but you made the most of your role, Adam :thumbs: and all PL ok. Thank you !

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22771
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 17th, 2020, 10:52 am

alanmapstone wrote:
April 17th, 2020, 4:23 am
Pews act 3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/hobbyhorse_pews_3.mp3
As Pews leaves the stage early in act 1 it must have been really tedious for the actor to wait around until the end of act 3 just to come back for 2 shared lines :hmm:
I agree...well the director probably wanted them all to stick around, or maybe the actor annoyed him so this was his way to annoy him back :mrgreen:

in any case: PL ok, thank you Alan :)

Sonia

MrsHand
Posts: 3966
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 11:54 am
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Post by MrsHand » April 17th, 2020, 4:40 pm


ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 10542
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » April 18th, 2020, 2:02 am

Thank you.

Todd

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22771
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 18th, 2020, 12:04 pm

MrsHand wrote:
April 17th, 2020, 4:40 pm
Here's Shattock!
awww how cool was that !!! I loved this performance. The whole 'h dropping was perfect and so flippantly played all through. And quite a nasty streak at the end. And excellent characterization you presented here, Kristin. :thumbs: All PL ok. Thank you so much, this was a memorable role !

Sonia

jennlea
Posts: 302
Joined: February 10th, 2019, 9:44 pm

Post by jennlea » April 19th, 2020, 7:26 am

-Jenn B.

Post Reply