linny

Post by linny »

Chapter 4 is PL OK. :D

Chapter 6 is PL OK. You have editing down pat. :thumbs:
benderca

Post by benderca »

linny wrote: December 19th, 2020, 9:41 am I can help you out. :mrgreen:
Oh, yay! Thanks, Linny!!! :D
linny wrote: December 19th, 2020, 10:15 am Chapter 1 is PL OK. Narration is wonderful. Intro doesn't exactly match the first post but all the requirements are there.

Note - only because you wanted editing feedback.
9:52 – If I were editing I would likely have tightened this by 0.5 seconds.
Thank you! Yes, I definitely want feedback. Thanks!
linny wrote: December 19th, 2020, 10:40 am Chapter 2

0:03 word change – Chapter 2 of The Story Girl.
To make sure I’m on the same page. You purposely went with the short intro for subsequent chapters as if this were a solo recording?
Yes, I wanted the long intro for the first chapter and the short intro for all the subsequent chapters.
linny wrote: December 19th, 2020, 10:40 am 10:31 “What is Uncle Roger like?” is duplicated by both Narrator and Felix. You must have merged tracks.
I only use multiple tracks when I edit when I’m doing a group line and then I keep them in a separate file and cut / paste from there.
Ooops. I purposely read all the lines in which I planned to insert a character's voice into the narration -- just in case I couldn't edit it to flow seamlessly. I meant to delete the narrator's part if it flowed nicely and delete the character's part if it didn't. Thanks for catching it. I'll give it a listen and see which flows better. I tried throughout to use the characters' voices as much as possible, even when they were paraphrased, for dramatic effect. 8-)

CORRECTION: I think this line was to be read by both Felix and me. I'll check. If so, I'll either merge them or cut my part out.
linny wrote: December 19th, 2020, 11:22 am Chapter 4 is PL OK. :D

Chapter 6 is PL OK. You have editing down pat. :thumbs:
Yay! Thanks!
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

10:31 “What is Uncle Roger like?” is duplicated by both Narrator and Felix. You must have merged tracks.
I only use multiple tracks when I edit when I’m doing a group line and then I keep them in a separate file and cut / paste from there.
I checked this one and yes, it should be read by both Felix and me:

"What is Uncle Roger like?" was our next question.

I tried to layer it, so it would be more realistic that one would start (namely, me, the older brother) and the other would jump on to the question.

But if it sounds awkward like that, I'll just have Felix ask it for us both. :D
linny

Post by linny »

benderca wrote: December 19th, 2020, 1:03 pm
10:31 “What is Uncle Roger like?” is duplicated by both Narrator and Felix. You must have merged tracks.

I tried to layer it, so it would be more realistic that one would start (namely, me, the older brother) and the other would jump on to the question.

It's awkward to my ear but that's just one listener. Neither voice is distorted so feel free to keep it as it. PL OK.

Have you ever used Effect>Change Tempo? I find it very useful when I'm trying to line up multiple readers. In this case it wouldn't apply since you wanted one reader to start earlier than the other.
benderca

Post by benderca »

linny wrote: December 19th, 2020, 1:08 pm
benderca wrote: December 19th, 2020, 1:03 pm

It's awkward to my ear but that's just one listener. Neither voice is distorted so feel free to keep it as it. PL OK.

Have you ever used Effect>Change Tempo? I find it very useful when I'm trying to line up multiple readers. In this case it wouldn't apply since you wanted one reader to start earlier than the other.
I'll try out some options. (And then run it by my biggest critic -- my daughter! :lol: ) Thanks, again!
linny

Post by linny »

Chapter 10 is also PL OK. It made me feel a bit like lecturing on "now why on Earth would you go to Walmart without your mask?" Poor Sara.

At 5:54 I don't think they would have been able to hear her crying then so I don't think you need to have the crying under the dialog.
benderca

Post by benderca »

DiegoT wrote: December 11th, 2020, 7:26 pm Here are the newly revised chapters 9, 18, and 25:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_dan_09_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_dan_18_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_dan_25_128kb.mp3

26, 27, and 29 are coming soon!
-Diego Tablett
Dan, Chapters 8, 9, 13, 18, & 25 are now PL OK!

Thanks, Diego! Fantastic acting!
Last edited by benderca on December 19th, 2020, 2:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
benderca

Post by benderca »

linny wrote: December 19th, 2020, 1:23 pm Chapter 10 is also PL OK. It made me feel a bit like lecturing on "now why on Earth would you go to Walmart without your mask?" Poor Sara.
Yes! Maybe we can do our part in educating people about the consequences of their actions by using century-old literature!
linny wrote: December 19th, 2020, 1:23 pm At 5:54 I don't think they would have been able to hear her crying then so I don't think you need to have the crying under the dialog.
:thumbs:
linny

Post by linny »

Chapter 11 is PL OK.
benderca

Post by benderca »

linny wrote: December 19th, 2020, 1:44 pm Chapter 11 is PL OK.
Thanks, Linny!

Here's Chapter 13 ready for PL:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_13_montgomery_draft.mp3
linny

Post by linny »

Chapter 14 - optional notes on spacing. The only one I highly recommend is the 2 seconds at 15:36.

5:26 I suggest tightening the spacing a bit before Peter asks “what does that mean?” also at 15:28 and 15:36.
linny

Post by linny »

Question: Why are all of your file names named 'draft' at the end? Tricia will need to change them all prior to cataloging or if you upload them again after PL OK I'll need to spot check them.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

linny wrote: December 19th, 2020, 2:07 pm Question: Why are all of your file names named 'draft' at the end? Tricia will need to change them all prior to cataloging or if you upload them again after PL OK I'll need to spot check them.
If they're PL OK, I have no problem changing them at cataloging time. That is one of my regular steps in cataloging. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
linny

Post by linny »

Chapter 13 is PL OK.
benderca

Post by benderca »

TriciaG wrote: December 19th, 2020, 2:10 pm
linny wrote: December 19th, 2020, 2:07 pm Question: Why are all of your file names named 'draft' at the end? Tricia will need to change them all prior to cataloging or if you upload them again after PL OK I'll need to spot check them.
If they're PL OK, I have no problem changing them at cataloging time. That is one of my regular steps in cataloging. :)
Ya, I was just thinking about this myself. When I first uploaded the "drafts", they were all incomplete. I just wanted to make sure my narrator part was uploaded somewhere (as backup) and I added the finished parts directly into my files as I was editing my parts -- thought it would save me some time (and I think it did -- not sure, though... :lol: :lol: :lol: ). Doing it this way, I also didn't have to edit Jasmin and my parts separately and then put them together later.