[FULL] [DramReading] The Story Girl by L. M. Montgomery - tg

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
Dtcastid
Posts: 112
Joined: June 1st, 2020, 1:14 pm

Post by Dtcastid » December 3rd, 2020, 11:31 am

benderca wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 6:48 pm
Dtcastid wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 3:49 pm
benderca wrote:
November 30th, 2020, 6:47 pm


Great reading, Diane!

Aunt Janet, Chapters 6, 11, 12, 18-20, 23-25, 27 are all PL OK!

One note about intonation in Chapter 32. At 2:12: "any one" should be read together as "anyone":
"I notice that you are as fond as any one of what is baked in them," (It's a little confusing when the words are read separately).

Thanks! You're a great contribution to our cast. :clap:
TJ
Hi TJ,
Thanks for the kudos. I can go back and correct Chapter 32, if you'd like. It wouldn't take much.
Diane
If you don't mind, that would be easiest. I could probably cut out the space, but the intonation wouldn't be right. You could just redo that part of the sentence, if you like.

Thanks again,
TJ
Ok, all done. It sounds a whole lot better. It didn't make much sense when I read it the first time, but I can see why now! :)
Also, I agree, I don't think it would have worked to just cut the space. There would need to be a space inserted after "anyone" and was just easier to re-do.

Here's the link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_auntjanet_32_128kb.mp3, which runs at 3:49.

Take care,
Diane

benderca
Posts: 1728
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Post by benderca » December 3rd, 2020, 11:52 am

Dtcastid wrote:
December 3rd, 2020, 11:31 am

Ok, all done. It sounds a whole lot better. It didn't make much sense when I read it the first time, but I can see why now! :)
Also, I agree, I don't think it would have worked to just cut the space. There would need to be a space inserted after "anyone" and was just easier to re-do.

Here's the link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_auntjanet_32_128kb.mp3, which runs at 3:49.

Take care,
Diane
Thank you so much, Diane! Chapter 32 is now PL OK!
And I believe that's a wrap for Aunt Janet! Thank you so much for the super fast turnaround. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I hope to start the sequel very soon. I've got everything ready to go -- I'm just waiting for Elijah and Cadastra to get in their parts.

Thanks!
TJ

Dtcastid
Posts: 112
Joined: June 1st, 2020, 1:14 pm

Post by Dtcastid » December 4th, 2020, 12:45 pm

benderca wrote:
December 3rd, 2020, 11:52 am
Dtcastid wrote:
December 3rd, 2020, 11:31 am

Ok, all done. It sounds a whole lot better. It didn't make much sense when I read it the first time, but I can see why now! :)
Also, I agree, I don't think it would have worked to just cut the space. There would need to be a space inserted after "anyone" and was just easier to re-do.

Here's the link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_auntjanet_32_128kb.mp3, which runs at 3:49.

Take care,
Diane
Thank you so much, Diane! Chapter 32 is now PL OK!
And I believe that's a wrap for Aunt Janet! Thank you so much for the super fast turnaround. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I hope to start the sequel very soon. I've got everything ready to go -- I'm just waiting for Elijah and Cadastra to get in their parts.

Thanks!
TJ
You are SO welcome. It was fun. I bet it feels good to have it all done. I'll be on the lookout for the sequel. Take care, D

benderca
Posts: 1728
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Post by benderca » December 8th, 2020, 5:54 pm

Dan, Chapter 7, is now PL OK!

Thanks, Diego!

(Note: Dan, Donald, & Neil have all been edited into the chapter file -- we are just waiting for Betty).

DiegoT
Posts: 23
Joined: April 10th, 2020, 6:49 am

Post by DiegoT » December 11th, 2020, 7:26 pm


benderca
Posts: 1728
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Post by benderca » December 13th, 2020, 9:19 am

DiegoT wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 7:26 pm
Here are the newly revised chapters 9, 18, and 25:

26, 27, and 29 are coming soon!
-Diego Tablett
Yay! Thanks, Diego!


benderca
Posts: 1728
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Post by benderca » December 14th, 2020, 4:29 pm

DiegoT wrote:
December 13th, 2020, 4:09 pm
Here is my last set of chapters!

Thank you! Enjoy!
-Diego Tablett
Excellent, Diego!
I'm sure I will enjoy!
TJ

benderca
Posts: 1728
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Post by benderca » December 19th, 2020, 6:40 am

benderca wrote:
October 8th, 2020, 1:09 am
Bookworm360 wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 4:31 pm
Hi, this is bookworm360. Here is Betty Sherman's file! :D
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_bettysherman_07_128kb.mp3
Thanks, Bookworm! Great portrayal of Betty Sherman!

You missed her first lines on page 6:

"'Good morning, Mr. Campbell,'

'It's early abroad you are. And on Black Dan, no less! Was I mistaken in thinking that Donald Fraser said once that his favourite horse should never be backed by any man but him? But doubtless a fair exchange is no robbery, and Brown Bess is a good mare in her way.'



A few additional notes:
1:36:
Were I you, (I hear: "were I WERE you)

1:45:
"There's many a girl..." (I hear: "there's merry a girl...")

Thanks,
TJ
Bookworm360 hasn't checked into this project in over 2 months and does not have private messaging turned on. If I don't hear from her soon, I will have to orphan this role.
TJ

benderca
Posts: 1728
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Post by benderca » December 19th, 2020, 6:49 am

Tricia,

How do I advertise for a chapter PLer? I would prefer one person who would be willing to read the whole book (and give me tips on spacing, volume, etc., since this is my first Dramatic Reading).

I checked out the "Listeners & Editors Wanted" forum, but I don't get the codes... :oops:

Thanks,
TJ
Last edited by benderca on December 19th, 2020, 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 49179
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » December 19th, 2020, 7:43 am

Bookworm recently moved and her mic is packed away: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=35191&p=1820487#p1820487

It's the BC's choice what to do with this information. ;)

I'll post the PL ad if you like. Give me a few minutes.
Bulwer-Lytton novel: The Caxtons
Adventure/Travel: Across Mongolian Plains
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5
Adult dog stories: Best Dog Stories
Gospel of Matthew: Matthew, YLT

benderca
Posts: 1728
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Post by benderca » December 19th, 2020, 8:35 am

TriciaG wrote:
December 19th, 2020, 7:43 am
Bookworm recently moved and her mic is packed away: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=35191&p=1820487#p1820487

It's the BC's choice what to do with this information. ;)

I'll post the PL ad if you like. Give me a few minutes.
Thanks!
TJ

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14921
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » December 19th, 2020, 9:41 am

benderca wrote:
December 19th, 2020, 6:49 am
Tricia,

How do I advertise for a chapter PLer? I would prefer one person who would be willing to read the whole book (and give me tips on spacing, volume, etc., since this is my first Dramatic Reading).

I checked out the "Listeners & Editors Wanted" forum, but I don't get the codes... :oops:

Thanks,
TJ
I can help you out. :mrgreen:
Linette's DPL list PM me if you need me. I'm mostly here on the weekends.
Readers Wanted: Harrigan! (adventure) Problem of the Ages Home Education DR-Dialogue of the Dead - Lucian

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14921
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » December 19th, 2020, 10:15 am

Chapter 1 is PL OK. Narration is wonderful. Intro doesn't exactly match the first post but all the requirements are there.

Note - only because you wanted editing feedback.
9:52 – If I were editing I would likely have tightened this by 0.5 seconds.
Linette's DPL list PM me if you need me. I'm mostly here on the weekends.
Readers Wanted: Harrigan! (adventure) Problem of the Ages Home Education DR-Dialogue of the Dead - Lucian

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14921
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » December 19th, 2020, 10:40 am

Chapter 2

0:03 word change – Chapter 2 of The Story Girl.
To make sure I’m on the same page. You purposely went with the short intro for subsequent chapters as if this were a solo recording?

10:31 “What is Uncle Roger like?” is duplicated by both Narrator and Felix. You must have merged tracks.
I only use multiple tracks when I edit when I’m doing a group line and then I keep them in a separate file and cut / paste from there.
Linette's DPL list PM me if you need me. I'm mostly here on the weekends.
Readers Wanted: Harrigan! (adventure) Problem of the Ages Home Education DR-Dialogue of the Dead - Lucian

Post Reply