[COMPLETE] [DramReading] The Story Girl by L. M. Montgomery - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
benderca

Post by benderca »

UPDATE for those who have still not finished, as well as those who have finished long ago and are anxiously awaiting this project's completion:

I added deadlines to the magic window, which I wasn't originally planning to do -- Jasmin and I are not fans of deadlines on Librivox, especially when you race to meet one, but the project doesn't get catalogued till a year later... :lol:

The deadlines are not set in stone, and I don't want to stress anyone (Jasmin and I purport the moto: Librivox should be fun, not stress 8-) ), but I was worried this project may be stagnating. Jasmin and I still have some chapters to record (and I've been keeping you all updated on our progress in the magic window), but while editing my part, I've been directly plugging in the other parts to make complete chapters, and it would be easier if I had all the parts.

As of a month ago, everyone in the magic window has reaffirmed his/her commitment to the project (per PM), so I haven't needed to orphan any roles. I've sent PMs to everyone again this week to see if we are all still on board (and am just waiting for some answers).

Thanks to everyone for your dedication and commitment! I know these Dramatic Readings are a big time commitment, but they're fun! And I'm really excited about this one -- everyone is so talented and each voice is distinct. I really feel this story coming alive as I edit. :D

TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

Story Girl Chapter 6 and Uncle Roger Chapter 17 are both PL OK and incorporated into the chapter files. As soon as I get Felix and Dan's parts I can synchronize the laughing and finish those chapters! :D

Great moaning, Adam!

...and, as always, great story telling, Cadastra!
benderca

Post by benderca »

Uncle Roger Chapter 18 is also PL OK!

Thanks, Adam!
julianpratley

Post by julianpratley »

“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent
benderca

Post by benderca »

julianpratley wrote: July 13th, 2020, 6:20 pm Peter chapter 28, updated
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_peter_28_128kb.mp3 (0:49)
Thanks, Julian!
benderca

Post by benderca »

Chapter 2 is PL OK! Nice job, Cadastra.

I have one tiny request for future chapters. It doesn't matter for this chapter (because you're the only one who says "Bowen"), but if you haven't recorded chapter 24 yet (and any other chapters in which her name comes up), could you please read Peg Bowen with a long "o" (like bow tie)? -- just because that's how Felicity, Peter, Cecily, Billy and I all pronounce it. If you've already recorded chapters in which she's mentioned, don't worry about (it's no big deal). :D
benderca

Post by benderca »

Yay! Thank you, Elijah!
benderca

Post by benderca »

Great start, Elijah!

All your recordings are a tad too quite. If you could amplify all three of them by about 4 dB, you would hit our targeted range.

Chapter 1:
At about 0:38 your last word "enough" in "That's near enough" seems to be cut off -- I can't hear the "f" sound at the end.

Also, the last line at about 0:48 ends with "pretty" ("I wonder if the Story Girl is pretty,") -- could you please pronounce the "t" in "pretty"? Your pronunciation sounds a bit like "cockney" (but Felix is from Ontario, Canada and should sound more like my natural accent, which I use for Bev -- more like the accent you used for Jack in "Jack and Jill" -- the "tt" could sound like a "d" or a "t", but it should be pronounced).

Chapters 2 & 3 are PL OK, except for the low volume.

You might want to turn up the microphone a bit when recording the next chapters.

Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to hearing more! (And I'll have Chapters 2 and 3 for you to PL soon!)
ej400

Post by ej400 »

LOL! I thought he was from England! That's why I brought the accent! :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't actually sound that way... I just thought he was British for some reason, probably because one of my other roles in a different project is :lol: :lol: :oops: If it's alright I will just redo the lines?
benderca

Post by benderca »

ej400 wrote: July 17th, 2020, 8:54 pm LOL! I thought he was from England! That's why I brought the accent! :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't actually sound that way... I just thought he was British for some reason, probably because one of my other roles in a different project is :lol: :lol: :oops: If it's alright I will just redo the lines?
hahaha! Usually I wouldn't say anything because accents don't really matter in Librivox, but I thought your natural dialect is similar to mine, and since we're brothers... but Felix is a character, so... I could imagine him putting on an English accent to prove he's "cultured". lol!

Peter has a British accent and I think that sounds fantastic because he's from a different family. Dan also will have a British accent, I think, which will be fine too. In The Railway Children, we had a mother with an American accent and kids with American and Australian accents -- living in England. :lol: ...soooo, if you want to do him English, go right ahead, but if you want to redo the lines, that's fine too! :D
ej400

Post by ej400 »

benderca wrote: July 18th, 2020, 4:10 am aha! Usually I wouldn't say anything because accents don't really matter in Librivox, but I thought your natural dialect is similar to mine, and since we're brothers... but Felix is a character, so... I could imagine him putting on an English accent to prove he's "cultured". lol!
Well, I guess if everyone else is, why not? I'll keep the lines then :D
benderca

Post by benderca »

ej400 wrote: July 19th, 2020, 10:28 am
benderca wrote: July 18th, 2020, 4:10 am aha! Usually I wouldn't say anything because accents don't really matter in Librivox, but I thought your natural dialect is similar to mine, and since we're brothers... but Felix is a character, so... I could imagine him putting on an English accent to prove he's "cultured". lol!
Well, I guess if everyone else is, why not? I'll keep the lines then :D
Actually... only Peter, the hired boy, has a British accent, and we could imagine that his family immigrated to Canada. All the kids from the King family (so far), Felicity, Cecily, Bev, and the Story Girl have North American accents, as well as Uncle Alec, Aunt Olivia, and Uncle Roger. Dan is still a question mark as I haven't heard from Michael since the beginning of June...

I'm not trying to limit your poetic license :lol: , I'm just saying your natural accent would fit better (and there's no real reason for Felix to be British). If you choose to do a North American accent, you wouldn't have to redo any lines (just the word "pretty).

TJ