[COMPLETE] [DramReading] The Story Girl by L. M. Montgomery - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

benderca wrote: May 5th, 2020, 3:27 pm Uncle Roger Chapter 12 is PL OK!
(I love your burst of laughter! Nice!)

Uncle Roger, Chapter 13:
0:16 It seems impossible he could walk so far. Instead of "far," you say "fast." :D

Uncle Roger, Chapter 14:
The last line of your recording should be: "She's got a head on her shoulders."
The Gutenberg text I used for the script had a typo in it, but I checked with the scanned book on archive, because that "of" didn't seem to make sense, and sure enough, it should be "on". Sorry about that. :oops: (I'll correct the script).
https://archive.org/details/storygirl00mont_1/page/148/mode/2up

Uncle Roger Chapter 15 and Chapter 16 are PL OK
(Your volume is a little high -- at 93.4 and 93.2 they fall out of the target range of 86-92 dB, but I can adjust them when I edit. If you use Checker 0.96 before you upload your files, you can adjust the volume yourself in the future). Great temper tantrum in Chapter 15 -- it's nice to see a different side of Uncle Roger. And great fit of laughter in Chapter 16! :D ).

Thanks, Adam!
Corrections,

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_roger_13_128kb.mp3 0:36
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_roger_14_128kb.mp3 0:53
Join the "Frauds, Forgeries, and Fake News Collection" - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=78482&hilit=fake+news
benderca

Post by benderca »

Uncle Roger Chapter 13 and Chapter 14 are PL OK

Thanks, Adam!
benderca

Post by benderca »

Story Girl, Chapters 21 & 22 are PL OK!

Uncle Roger, Chapters 19, 21, 22, & 23 are PL OK!
benderca

Post by benderca »

Story Girl Chapter 24

0:44, 2:02, 4:04

I have a tiny favor to ask of you. Could you please pronounce "Bowen" (as in Peg Bowen) with a long "o" (like in bow tie)? In Chapter 2, it doesn't really matter because you are the only one who says her name, but here we all say her name over and over, so it would sound better if we're all on the same page. Moreover, Peg Bowen has a large role in the sequel, so I'd like to introduce her to the readers here with no confusion.

Otherwise, Chapter 24 is PL OK!

Thanks,
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

Story Girl Chapter 25 is PL OK!

(Note: laugh missing at the beginning, but I can get it from a different chapter).

Story Girl Chapter 26 is PL OK!
Story Girl Chapter 29 is PL OK!
benderca

Post by benderca »

cadastra wrote: July 29th, 2020, 10:53 am I recorded Chapter 17 again because I didn't like the first version.
I just wanted to check -- did you rerecord the whole chapter? (I wanted to make sure because I already edited your part into the final chapter and I don't want to do any extra work, if necessary 8-) ).

Anyway, this version is also PL OK!
benderca

Post by benderca »

AdamBielka wrote: August 7th, 2020, 1:02 am 0:44 Roger's chapter 24
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_roger_24_128kb.mp3
0:01 The line is:

"I'm afraid it's all up with Pat," (meaning he is going to die)

(you say "to" instead of "with" -- which changes the meaning entirely :wink: ).

0:26 You say Peg Bowen with a long "o", which is what we want , but at 0:53 you say Peg Bowen with a short "o" -- could you please change the second one to match the first? ("bowen" like bow tie)

Thanks,
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

Chapter 25 is PL OK!

Thanks,
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

Unfortunately, Michael won't be able to read Dan, but Diego has volunteered to read Dan's role in both this book and the sequel (which means I'll either need another reader for Billy Robinson or I'll try to lower the pitch a bit on Diego's recording -- I think I'll try that first).

Also I think I will have to orphan Aunt Janet's role, although I hate to do it because it's half finished (and already edited in), but I haven't heard from Sparkles in over 3 months, so... I'll be looking for someone who can play Aunt Janet in both this book and the sequel.

You may have noticed, I introduced 3 smaller roles (out of the story girl's story in chapter 7) -- if anyone who has read a smaller role in this book would like to read one of those, feel free (they don't necessarily have to have Scottish accents, but it would be fun :D ).

I've got the scripts for the sequel ready to go, just trying to get this book a little further along before I launch it -- so keep those parts coming in!

Thanks, TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

Hi Elijah,

All your Felix files are a bit low volume, some more than others. It might help if you turned your microphone settings up a bit for future recordings. For these recordings if you raised the volume about 4-5 dB, that should suffice:

Chapter 1 84.8
Chapter 2 82.7
Chapter 3 82.8
Chapter 5 81.9
Chapter 6 85.7

We want 86-92 dB.
The best strategy would be to download the Librivox Checker and drag your file into its window to see if your settings are correct:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker

Otherwise, Chapters 1-3, and Chapter 6 are PL OK.

In Chapter 5, could you please add the line "it LOOKED like poetry but didn't SOUND like it" to the beginning of your recording? It is at the top of page 3 (I corrected the script).

At 0:38 you say "came" instead of "come": "But now that I come to think of it, I've never seen a picture of God."

(It's so short, I'll let you decide if you want to correct it or not).

I LOVE your portrayal of Felix -- he's so sweet and gentle - just as I imagined him. And you have a great laugh. Please keep those chapters coming! :D
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Here's my best attempt at a Scottish accent:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_neilcampbell_07_128kb.mp3 57 seconds
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
benderca

Post by benderca »

Salvationist wrote: August 20th, 2020, 3:45 pm Here's my best attempt at a Scottish accent:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_neilcampbell_07_128kb.mp3 57 seconds
Thanks, David!
bipcompton

Post by bipcompton »

I'd like to do aunt Janet, please! I'm still waiting for a reply for my 1 minute thing, but when I do, can I do the role of aunt Janet?
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

benderca wrote: August 14th, 2020, 2:54 pm
cadastra wrote: July 29th, 2020, 10:53 am I recorded Chapter 17 again because I didn't like the first version.
I just wanted to check -- did you rerecord the whole chapter? (I wanted to make sure because I already edited your part into the final chapter and I don't want to do any extra work, if necessary 8-) ).

Yes, I did, but don't edit it in if you already have the first version edited in!! Editing is hard work!!
benderca

Post by benderca »

cadastra wrote: August 29th, 2020, 9:14 am
benderca wrote: August 14th, 2020, 2:54 pm

Yes, I did, but don't edit it in if you already have the first version edited in!! Editing is hard work!!
It‘s okay. I can do it for one chapter - I labeled all the lines, so it’s not that big a job. I still have to add Dan and Felix, so I‘ll update yours then. :D

Thanks,
TJ