[COMPLETE] [DramReading] The Story Girl by L. M. Montgomery - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
bipcompton

Post by bipcompton »

Hi! I've been really stressed coming back to school but I have (two sentences) from chapter 1. I don't think there are any problems, but maybe there are and I'm just terrible at electronical things as always. I hope I didn't sound too young. I signed up for the role without thinking about that, so if I sound too young... I don't know, really, but I've always had one of those young voices.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_auntjanet_01_128kb.mp3

I hope to do some more when I wake up tomorrow. As always, lovely to talk, Bi.
bipcompton

Post by bipcompton »

I got another one done. I hope this one is also alright. Should I still leave 3 seconds between/at start/end of the recording/sentence for ease of editing?
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_auntjanet_06_128kb.mp3
benderca

Post by benderca »

Pianolil wrote: September 24th, 2020, 7:26 pm Hi, I could read Donald Fraser, if no one else would like to, if I may. Thanks!
Thanks, Pianolil! I'll sign you up.

@Tricia: We are now full -- Could you please change the heading to [FULL]?
(If I can do it, I haven't been able to figure out how... :D ).

Thanks!
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

bipcompton wrote: September 27th, 2020, 6:06 am Hi! I've been really stressed coming back to school but I have (two sentences) from chapter 1. I don't think there are any problems, but maybe there are and I'm just terrible at electronical things as always. I hope I didn't sound too young. I signed up for the role without thinking about that, so if I sound too young... I don't know, really, but I've always had one of those young voices.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_auntjanet_01_128kb.mp3

I hope to do some more when I wake up tomorrow. As always, lovely to talk, Bi.
Thanks, Bi Pham!
Your voice credit does indeed sound quite young -- but your Aunt Janet voice is a little deeper and I think it will fit into our ensemble great!
(I'll be doing more children's books in the future, so you'll have a chance to use your young-sounding voice as well, if you like... :D ).
TJ
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Done!

Usually you can click on the pencil icon in your post to edit it. The time window for editing it might have closed, though; I don't remember if there's a time limit for members to edit a post, and if so, how long it is. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
benderca

Post by benderca »

TriciaG wrote: September 27th, 2020, 10:06 am
Done!

Usually you can click on the pencil icon in your post to edit it. The time window for editing it might have closed, though; I don't remember if there's a time limit for members to edit a post, and if so, how long it is. :)
Bingo! Found it!
You know I tried to change the title by editing the first post several times, but I didn’t notice that there was a separate “Subject” section above the post. Man, I will be sooooooo BC-savvy by the time I get to my second project... 8-)

Thanks!
TJ
bipcompton

Post by bipcompton »

I got chapter 20, the shortest one I could find done! https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_auntjanet_20_128kb.mp3
I'm afraid I don't sound the same because it's a new day, but at least I have tea to convince myself that I'm old...
bipcompton

Post by bipcompton »

bipcompton wrote: September 27th, 2020, 5:45 pm I got chapter 20, the shortest one I could find done! https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_auntjanet_20_128kb.mp3
I'm afraid I don't sound the same because it's a new day, but at least I have tea to convince myself that I'm old...
I think it's a bit puffy, but it's the best one I've got. I'll try it again this afternoon.
benderca

Post by benderca »

bipcompton wrote: September 27th, 2020, 5:45 pm I got chapter 20, the shortest one I could find done! https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_auntjanet_20_128kb.mp3
Ha! That's how I do it too -- get the shortest ones out of the way (and it looks more impressive in the magic window... :lol: :lol: :lol: ).

I love your voice as Aunt Janet, Bi Pham. Janet's straightforward and no-nonsense outward mannerisms are contrasted with her big heart and warm, loving personality -- and this shines through brilliantly in your sweet voice. :D

Chapters 1 and 20 are a bit loud, but I can lower the volume myself as there is no clipping, but you might want to lower your microphone volume just a tad when you record the next files.

In Chapter 20, you left out the word "you":
"Well," said Aunt Janet, when we all descended to the kitchen, "this is the first time you young ones have ever all got up without being called, and that's a fact."

Also be sure to leave enough time for the narration in between your lines (2-3 seconds):
"Well," [2-3 seconds] "this is the first time you young ones have ever all got up without being called, and that's a fact."
It's ok here because you left a little space, I just wanted to make sure you were aware of it in the future.

Chapters 1 and 6 are PL OK!
Nice! Keep them coming... :clap:

Thanks,
TJ
bipcompton

Post by bipcompton »

benderca wrote: September 28th, 2020, 2:25 am
Ha! That's how I do it too -- get the shortest ones out of the way (and it looks more impressive in the magic window... :lol: :lol: :lol: ).

I love your voice as Aunt Janet, Bi Pham. Janet's straightforward and no-nonsense outward mannerisms are contrasted with her big heart and warm, loving personality -- and this shines through brilliantly in your sweet voice. :D

Chapters 1 and 20 are a bit loud, but I can lower the volume myself as there is no clipping, but you might want to lower your microphone volume just a tad when you record the next files.

In Chapter 20, you left out the word "you":
"Well," said Aunt Janet, when we all descended to the kitchen, "this is the first time you young ones have ever all got up without being called, and that's a fact."

Also be sure to leave enough time for the narration in between your lines (2-3 seconds):
"Well," [2-3 seconds] "this is the first time you young ones have ever all got up without being called, and that's a fact."
It's ok here because you left a little space, I just wanted to make sure you were aware of it in the future.

Chapters 1 and 6 are PL OK!
Nice! Keep them coming... :clap:

Thanks,
TJ
THANK YOU for your compliment! I've had a terrible day and now I have to produce an entire play by Thursday so this week will be hard... I love the little moments with aunt Janet!
benderca

Post by benderca »

bipcompton wrote: September 28th, 2020, 3:25 am THANK YOU for your compliment! I've had a terrible day and now I have to produce an entire play by Thursday so this week will be hard... I love the little moments with aunt Janet!
Good luck! Glad we can be part of your good moments... :D
benderca

Post by benderca »

cadastra wrote: September 28th, 2020, 2:39 pm Here are some more recordings for you, TJ! Thanks for your patience.
Yay!!! I'm excited to listen to these! :D

Thanks,
TJ
DiegoT

Post by DiegoT »

Sorry for the recording break. Here is chapter 8. Enjoy!

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_dan_08_128kb.mp3

-Diego Tablett