[COMPLETE] [DramReading] The Story Girl by L. M. Montgomery - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
benderca

Post by benderca »

Michael6230 wrote: March 31st, 2020, 10:08 am Howdy!

Can I read for the character "Dan" please? By the way, do I need to sound like a child/teen? :)
Thanks, Michael! You can interpret the character as you like. I'm going to try to be a 13-year-old boy as well, so maybe Bev's voice hasn't started to change, but Dan's has... :lol: (It did say that Bev is on the smaller side -- so much so that he tries to buy a magic growth potion -- and I pictured Dan as being bigger, so that should work out fine).
benderca

Post by benderca »

KevinS wrote: March 31st, 2020, 9:43 am I'm no expert, but all looks good. Did you emphasize somewhere that each reader will have to record his/her "[role] recorded by [or something like that] [name]"?
Yes, thanks! I've got that as point 7 under the Magic Window.
KevinS wrote: March 31st, 2020, 9:43 am Oh, and my recording can be marked Ready for PL now.
Done! I was looking up how to do this when you wrote. But it turned out to be easier than I thought. :D
KevinS wrote: March 31st, 2020, 9:43 am Keep up the good work!
Thanks! And thanks for your comments. If you see anything else that might be unclear, please let me know.
Michael6230

Post by Michael6230 »

benderca wrote: March 31st, 2020, 11:10 am

Can I read for the character "Dan" please? By the way, do I need to sound like a child/teen? :)
Thanks, Michael! You can interpret the character as you like. I'm going to try to be a 13-year-old boy as well, so maybe Bev's voice hasn't started to change, but Dan's has... :lol: (It did say that Bev is on the smaller side -- so much so that he tries to buy a magic growth potion -- and I pictured Dan as being bigger, so that should work out fine).
Awesome. No problemo. Look forward to recording tonight :) Any accent as well right i.e. American, British? :)
benderca

Post by benderca »

Michael6230 wrote: March 31st, 2020, 12:04 pm
benderca wrote: March 31st, 2020, 11:10 am

Awesome. No problemo. Look forward to recording tonight :) Any accent as well right i.e. American, British? :)
The story takes place on Prince Edward Island in Canada about 100 years ago. Dan comes from a well-educated family (as opposed to Peter). Montgomery, herself, grew up in a Scottish-Canadian family... so your guess is as good as mine as to how they spoke. Since you have to maintain the character over 32 chapters, I recommend choosing a voice and accent that you find comfortable working with over a long period of time. It doesn't, in my humble opinion, bother the flow of the story at all if brothers and sisters have different accents. It just adds flavor :lol:
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Uncle Alec chapter 1

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_unclealec_01_128kb.mp3

Just to get things started
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
benderca

Post by benderca »

Thanks, Alan!
Midgeymoo17

Post by Midgeymoo17 »

Could I take Mrs. Patterson?

This would be my first book so would like to keep my part small but would be willing to read Mrs. Ray as well.
benderca

Post by benderca »

Midgeymoo17 wrote: April 1st, 2020, 3:27 am Could I take Mrs. Patterson?

This would be my first book so would like to keep my part small but would be willing to read Mrs. Ray as well.
Thanks for joining us, Midgeymoo17. Did you complete your 1-minute test?

https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

I've reserved Mrs. Patterson for you. I think we'll keep one role per person at first to include as many people as want to be involved. If we don't fill the parts, then we can reconsider. If you'd like a larger part, though, but not too overwhelming, Aunt Janet only says a line or two in each of her chapters.
Last edited by benderca on April 1st, 2020, 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peppersnoodles93

Post by Peppersnoodles93 »

Can I do Mrs. Ray?
~Kim
benderca

Post by benderca »

Peppersnoodles93 wrote: April 1st, 2020, 9:32 am Can I do Mrs. Ray?
Thanks, I've signed you up.
LydiaCW

Post by LydiaCW »

May I claim Sarah Ray, please?
Lydia

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomine tuo da glorium!
julianpratley

Post by julianpratley »

Here are my first three chapters. I've never done a DR before so please let me know if I need to do anything differently. I tried to do a stage whisper in chapter 5 when Peter is whispering - is that correct or is it better to just read it normally? Also I'm very much not a voice actor, so any and all CC would be appreciated. :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_peter_03_128kb.mp3 (1:00)
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_peter_04_128kb.mp3 (0:44)
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_peter_05_128kb.mp3 (4:50)
“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Hi TJ!

I was downloading the scripts from the MW and discovered a couple of problems.

-Chapter 17 is linked to Chapter 13
-Chapter 29 is linked to a random page

Thanks so much for all the work on the scripts! I’m looking forward to getting started recording Felicity :)
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
benderca

Post by benderca »

jennlea wrote: April 2nd, 2020, 6:56 am Hi TJ!

I was downloading the scripts from the MW and discovered a couple of problems.

-Chapter 17 is linked to Chapter 13
-Chapter 29 is linked to a random page

Thanks so much for all the work on the scripts! I’m looking forward to getting started recording Felicity :)
Thanks, Jenn! I fixed those two links. I meant to check all those links. I was doing a lot of uploading, cutting, and pasting at 4 in the morning in an effort to get these files up so that people could start recording. You're probably going to find other mistakes as well... :D I'll fix them as quickly as I can.
Thanks again!
benderca

Post by benderca »

LydiaCW wrote: April 1st, 2020, 7:21 pm May I claim Sarah Ray, please?
Thanks, Lydia!