Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Availle wrote: June 19th, 2020, 6:35 pmVoila la Violette:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/donjuan_laviolette_4_128kb.mp3
the quiet one lurking in the shadows :mrgreen: but for those speaking moments you had, you did them perfectly. :thumbs: All PL ok, thank you so much for participating.

And have a nice weekend

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

kwpapke wrote: June 16th, 2020, 10:32 am It has been a while since we've heard from Matthew/MTC1. If you decide to go to Plan B, I would like to have a go at these sections:

10 Don Juan, son to Don Louis, Act 1 Hold for MTC1 to do One Minute test
11 Don Juan, son to Don Louis, Act 2 Assigned
12 Don Juan, son to Don Louis, Act 3 Assigned
13 Don Juan, son to Don Louis, Act 4 Assigned
14 Don Juan, son to Don Louis, Act 5 Assigned

I'm tied up for a couple of days, but would be able to start recording next week I believe. I hope Plan A comes through, he sounds like a talented guy. Hope I'm not speaking out of turn.

--Kurt
Plan B. Hello Don Kurt!

Thanks, Todd
kwpapke

Post by kwpapke »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
emminz

Post by emminz »

Hey! May I take care of the stage directions in the 5 acts?
- Emmi
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

emminz wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 12:12 pm Hey! May I take care of the stage directions in the 5 acts?
Here are some guidelines Sonia and I (mostly Sonia) have provided in the forum at times.

**You read the intro and outro words for each act. The words to say are in the first posting. There will be one file for each act.

**Please leave at least 4-5 seconds of silence (more is better) between each "chunk" you have to read. I will have to copy/paste each bit out of everyone's original file and paste it in the correct spot in the masterfile - and I start with your file when making the master. So it's helpful if you leave enough cutting out/cutting in space.

**You need to read carefully through the text, to find all the stage directions, so basically everything that is not being read by a character. (example: "closes door" or "laughs", "scene 3", Enters and Exits, things like that). Often they are in brackets, but maybe not always. Include words that describe how a character is supposed to say a line if something is given - "sadly", "abruptly", etc.

**If you read a character-description right at the beginning of the character's speech, you need to read the name of the character as well so a listener will know who is involved (something that would be visually obvious in a true performance). While when the direction shows up in the middle of a speech, you don't have to read the name becuz we already know who is speaking.
example: John (putting down the book): Now listen to me... (closing the door)...I need to tell you a secret.
**Here you would have to read all that is underlined. So the name in the beginning, but not repeated in the middle.

**Note that sometime this gets messy: instructions like "(aside)" etc may be at the end of the line of text though they apply to the words spoken ahead of the (aside). If those character words start all the way back at the beginning of the character line, then you need to add the character name first.

**As far as Dramatis personae go in the Act 1 file, please read the entire characteristics as I have in the MW, for example: "Satan, the great devil, read by..." -- then 5 seconds pause for editing -- "Pug, the less devil, read by ..." -- 5 seconds pause -- "Iniquity, the vice, read by ..." and so on. This is to make sure we have a complete set of voice credits, just in case one of the readers vanishes without handing in their voice credit. Also don't forget to read "Stage Directions, read by_______" We need your voice credit as well.

**If in doubt, just record it - easier for me to cut than to track you down when I discover I need something.

Any questions, just ask.

Thanks, Todd
kwpapke

Post by kwpapke »

Don Juan, acts 3-5 are ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/donjuan_donjuan_03_128kb.mp3 09:24
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/donjuan_donjuan_04_128kb.mp3 08:45
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/donjuan_donjuan_05_128kb.mp3 10:17

I really enjoyed doing DJ's speech on hypocrisy - it is so applicable to current events...

--Kurt
kwpapke

Post by kwpapke »

Seeing Todd's directions above, I think I shorted the gap between lines. After Kitty finds my other egregious errors, I'll add the spacing at the same time as the corrections.

--Kurt
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

I just really need to be able to see the gaps to edit easily. Some people leave pauses within their lines - they need longer gaps. Some people don't leave pauses within their lines - they can get by with shorter gaps.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

kwpapke wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 4:23 pmI really enjoyed doing DJ's speech on hypocrisy - it is so applicable to current events...
yes indeed, I totally agree. :thumbs:

And you did an excellent job on DJ. It's a controversial character the play because he is so despicable and non-PC in modern eyes (and probably also back then :mrgreen: ) Kudos for the bravery to tackle the role. Wonderfully acted out to. You manage the hypocrisy quite well :lol:

And the spaces between quotes are sufficient for Todd to work with. No need to change anything this time, but maybe remember to make them a bit longer next time. ;)

Acts 1-4 are PL ok.

I would say Act 5 is also ok, but at 10:04 you missed a very final "Oh !" on p. 133. Might be optional, but if you could end your performance with a nice dramatic dying groan, that would be cool. :)

Thanks for the fast turn-around as well. 8-)

Sonia
kwpapke

Post by kwpapke »

Kitty wrote: June 24th, 2020, 2:09 am You manage the hypocrisy quite well :lol:

I would say Act 5 is also ok, but at 10:04 you missed a very final "Oh !" on p. 133. Might be optional, but if you could end your performance with a nice dramatic dying groan, that would be cool. :)
Sonia
Hypocrisy seems to come natural for me. I am starting to enjoy playing the role of the scoundrel.

Good catch on the last groan. I acted it as more of a scream. Let me know if it's too much.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/donjuan_donjuan_05_128kb.mp3 10:19

--Kurt
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

kwpapke wrote: June 24th, 2020, 9:30 amI acted it as more of a scream. Let me know if it's too much.
:shock: :lol: listeners who survive the entire play, may get a heart-attack right at the end. I actually like it, it's very dramatic (it sounds very gurgling...were you garrotted ?) and maybe we all have to smirk that DJ gets his deserved ending ;) so it's PL ok, under caution that Todd will decrease the volume a little bit on the final scream. I'll make a note for him.

Thanks Kurt !!! excellent performance. Hope to hear you in another one soon.

Sonia