FULL [DR] Little Men by Louisa May Alcott - rap

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
benderca
Posts: 1584
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Post by benderca » October 21st, 2020, 3:21 am

JayKitty76 wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 3:15 pm
benderca wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 2:41 pm
Here's Tommy Bangs, Chapter 9:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/littlemen_tommy_09_128kb.mp3

And I noticed Chapter 7 isn't linked to the Magic Window yet:
benderca wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 2:05 pm
Tommy Bangs, Chapter 7:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/littlemen_tommy_07_128kb.mp3
Thanks, TJ. Will fix right now.

ETA: done... although doing this on my phone was harder than I thought it would be :lol: sticking to the pc from now on.
Ya, I know -- trying to edit the magic window on my phone is a major drag. I just check things on my phone and then move to PC when I need to edit the magic window. By the way, the links for Tommy, chapters 7 & 9 don't seem to work and are in the wrong place. :wink:

JayKitty76
Posts: 1905
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: Ravenclaw Tower, Hogwarts
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » October 21st, 2020, 1:36 pm

benderca wrote:
October 21st, 2020, 3:21 am
JayKitty76 wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 3:15 pm
benderca wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 2:41 pm
Here's Tommy Bangs, Chapter 9:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/littlemen_tommy_09_128kb.mp3

And I noticed Chapter 7 isn't linked to the Magic Window yet:

Thanks, TJ. Will fix right now.

ETA: done... although doing this on my phone was harder than I thought it would be :lol: sticking to the pc from now on.
Ya, I know -- trying to edit the magic window on my phone is a major drag. I just check things on my phone and then move to PC when I need to edit the magic window. By the way, the links for Tommy, chapters 7 & 9 don't seem to work and are in the wrong place. :wink:
Wow, I’m so sorry, I seem to be messing up all over the forums :oops: You’ve really been so patient with me for months, apologies that I haven’t been able to fix this.

ETA: I think I've done it properly this time. Does that look ok?
Rachel
”Just look around at the world we’re inheriting and think of the one we’ll create...”
~Newsies! on Broadway

New Chronicles of Rebecca, three small roles left! Come help us finish the project!

benderca
Posts: 1584
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Post by benderca » October 21st, 2020, 3:35 pm

JayKitty76 wrote:
October 21st, 2020, 1:36 pm
ETA: I think I've done it properly this time. Does that look ok?
Looks great, Rachel! :clap:

Thank you so much!
TJ

tamtaj
Posts: 12
Joined: April 11th, 2020, 9:36 am

Post by tamtaj » October 30th, 2020, 12:03 pm

Hi,
I am new here, I would like to take part in proof listening before I get to reading. I would like to PL Dolly's part - Ch 13, Ch 17, Ch 21. As I understand, these chapters are not yet assigned.
Cheers!
Tamta

JayKitty76
Posts: 1905
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: Ravenclaw Tower, Hogwarts
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » October 30th, 2020, 12:36 pm

tamtaj wrote:
October 30th, 2020, 12:03 pm
Hi,
I am new here, I would like to take part in proof listening before I get to reading. I would like to PL Dolly's part - Ch 13, Ch 17, Ch 21. As I understand, these chapters are not yet assigned.
Cheers!
Tamta
Hello Tamta,
Thanks for posting! You can definitely PL that for us. We really need someone who will be able to PL all the parts, but if you just want to do Dolly, that’s totally fine. Thanks again!
Rachel
”Just look around at the world we’re inheriting and think of the one we’ll create...”
~Newsies! on Broadway

New Chronicles of Rebecca, three small roles left! Come help us finish the project!

Tchaikovsky
Posts: 28
Joined: October 29th, 2020, 5:29 am

Post by Tchaikovsky » October 31st, 2020, 5:11 am

May I volunteer to PL Dick Brown? I'm new to being a PL so I will likely do more for the project once I get familiar with the process.

JayKitty76
Posts: 1905
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: Ravenclaw Tower, Hogwarts
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » October 31st, 2020, 8:27 am

Tchaikovsky wrote:
October 31st, 2020, 5:11 am
May I volunteer to PL Dick Brown? I'm new to being a PL so I will likely do more for the project once I get familiar with the process.
Of course.
Since we seem to have multiple PLers as of right now, I can’t give you all access to the MW; just post your PL notes in this thread and I’ll put them in for you. :thumbs:
Rachel
”Just look around at the world we’re inheriting and think of the one we’ll create...”
~Newsies! on Broadway

New Chronicles of Rebecca, three small roles left! Come help us finish the project!

Tchaikovsky
Posts: 28
Joined: October 29th, 2020, 5:29 am

Post by Tchaikovsky » October 31st, 2020, 8:59 am

Where do I find the file to proof?

Tchaikovsky
Posts: 28
Joined: October 29th, 2020, 5:29 am

Post by Tchaikovsky » October 31st, 2020, 9:04 am

I found the files...still getting my feet wet in here. :?

JayKitty76
Posts: 1905
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: Ravenclaw Tower, Hogwarts
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » October 31st, 2020, 10:06 am

Tchaikovsky wrote:
October 31st, 2020, 9:04 am
I found the files...still getting my feet wet in here. :?
Tchaikovsky wrote:
October 31st, 2020, 8:59 am
Where do I find the file to proof?
No problem. Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions— I know it can be tricky at first.
Rachel
”Just look around at the world we’re inheriting and think of the one we’ll create...”
~Newsies! on Broadway

New Chronicles of Rebecca, three small roles left! Come help us finish the project!

Tchaikovsky
Posts: 28
Joined: October 29th, 2020, 5:29 am

Post by Tchaikovsky » November 1st, 2020, 7:24 am

Hello I have finished the PL for Dick Brown . I am not sure how rigid the volume level of 89 db is so here are the levels. Otherwise everything was ok.

Dick Brown chapter 2: 90.8 (probably ok)
Dick Brown chapter 13: 86.3
Dick Brown chapter 17: 91.8

Tchaikovsky
Posts: 28
Joined: October 29th, 2020, 5:29 am

Post by Tchaikovsky » November 1st, 2020, 7:28 am

Oops I didn't see 18 & 21. I am doing them now.

Tchaikovsky
Posts: 28
Joined: October 29th, 2020, 5:29 am

Post by Tchaikovsky » November 1st, 2020, 7:38 am

Dick Brown chapter 18: 91.8 db
Dick Brown chapter 21: 90.3 db

otherwise all is ok.

tamtaj
Posts: 12
Joined: April 11th, 2020, 9:36 am

Post by tamtaj » November 1st, 2020, 9:58 am

JayKitty76 wrote:
October 30th, 2020, 12:36 pm
tamtaj wrote:
October 30th, 2020, 12:03 pm
Hi,
I am new here, I would like to take part in proof listening before I get to reading. I would like to PL Dolly's part - Ch 13, Ch 17, Ch 21. As I understand, these chapters are not yet assigned.
Cheers!
Tamta
Hello Tamta,
Thanks for posting! You can definitely PL that for us. We really need someone who will be able to PL all the parts, but if you just want to do Dolly, that’s totally fine. Thanks again!
I just listened to dolly's parts and everything's ok, and the reader is doing a great job (I know this is not a part of proof listening, but just wanted to acknowledge that:)) The pauses between the lines in the beginning and at the ends are 5-6 seconds everywhere, except for chapter 21 where the pause between the introductory part and actual text is 14 seconds, the reading starts at 00:18 sec. I am not sure whether this is how it was supposed to be since I am doing PLing for the first time.
I'd love to be more helpful, should I just go on and listen to different characters that are "ready for PL" and post it here?

benderca
Posts: 1584
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Post by benderca » November 1st, 2020, 11:42 am

Tchaikovsky wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 7:24 am
Hello I have finished the PL for Dick Brown . I am not sure how rigid the volume level of 89 db is so here are the levels. Otherwise everything was ok.

Dick Brown chapter 2: 90.8 (probably ok)
Dick Brown chapter 13: 86.3
Dick Brown chapter 17: 91.8
We aim for 86-92 dB -- so these all are fine. The editor can tweak the volume of the various parts, if necessary, so that the voices match each other. Thanks!

Post Reply