COMPLETE [DR] Little Men by Louisa May Alcott - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Also, I am moving all the PL OK sections down below the placeholders for the final chapters. Any sections with PL notes, I am moving right above the placeholder for the dramatis personae. Also, I'm going to move sections waiting for PL above the ones with PL notes, so if anyone is wondering where their file went, you can find it where listed. I'll also try to make a note of where your PL notes will be.

Thank you! :D
ej400

Post by ej400 »

specj5 wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 12:20 am Hi! Here is Dan's first chapter, Ch.6

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/littlemen_dankean_06_128kb.mp3

Duration: 3:54.03
Volume: 88.6 dB

There are some parts that I've had to 'shout' a little, but hopefully not in a way that makes eardrums burst. I'm not sure I achieved the exact voice of a teenaged boy, but I tried to capture the vibe of one :)

Please let me know if there is anything I should correct.
You read very well, and you captured a wonderful attitude for Dan. Exactly how I'd imagine him to act. :lol: Just one little thing though, and I noticed it in all the files so far, is that you only leave about 1-2 seconds of silence between your lines. We need about 3-5 because it helps out the editor to put the final part together. This way they can edit it better and depict what is the next lines. I've only PL'ed Chapter 6, but checked on the other sections to see if they was silence between the lines, but there wasn't quite enough. If you could please add some silence between your lines, I can take another listen. Otherwise all your technical and reading is very good. Chapter 6 & 10 would be PL OK, but I haven't PL'ed 11 or 12... just previewed them. :D

Thank you!
specj5

Post by specj5 »

ej400 wrote: May 6th, 2020, 12:12 pm
specj5 wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 12:20 am Hi! Here is Dan's first chapter, Ch.6

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/littlemen_dankean_06_128kb.mp3

Duration: 3:54.03
Volume: 88.6 dB

There are some parts that I've had to 'shout' a little, but hopefully not in a way that makes eardrums burst. I'm not sure I achieved the exact voice of a teenaged boy, but I tried to capture the vibe of one :)

Please let me know if there is anything I should correct.
You read very well, and you captured a wonderful attitude for Dan. Exactly how I'd imagine him to act. :lol: Just one little thing though, and I noticed it in all the files so far, is that you only leave about 1-2 seconds of silence between your lines. We need about 3-5 because it helps out the editor to put the final part together. This way they can edit it better and depict what is the next lines. I've only PL'ed Chapter 6, but checked on the other sections to see if they was silence between the lines, but there wasn't quite enough. If you could please add some silence between your lines, I can take another listen. Otherwise all your technical and reading is very good. Chapter 6 & 10 would be PL OK, but I haven't PL'ed 11 or 12... just previewed them. :D

Thank you!
Hi Elijah! Thank you for the notes, I did worry about the short silences upon listening to them again 😅 Should I just edit the audio files to have silence or should I re-record them?
Jeanne Viray | Australia | (she/her)
ej400

Post by ej400 »

No, don't re-record the lines entirely. They are fine. Just create three silent seconds, and then copy it, and paste it in between your lines. :D :thumbs:
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Daisy 7 ready for PL (I'll put this in myself):
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/littlemen_daisy_7.mp3
I thought voice acting while listening to my playlist of favorite songs might cheer me up a little... it helped a lot :wink: :9:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Daisy 9:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/littlemen_daisy_9.mp3
This chapter was a funny one! I almost laughed when I read Daisy's line, "I will take Mr. Bangs and teach him the polka, for he does not know it fit to be seen." :lol: :lol: I don't know why that struck me as funny, but it took voice acting since I wanted to start laughing but had to read it sternly :lol: :lol:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

MW updated.
Has anyone else listened to Panic! at the Disco's High Hopes while recording? :lol: :lol: For me it's a first, I keep the volume low and wear headphones but for some reason it helps me concentrate somehow...
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ej400 wrote: May 8th, 2020, 10:22 pm Hey Rachel,
Just looking for a small extension, please. :D
ofc! (in that case I may need to give myself an extension too... :lol: :shock: )
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

Hi,

My schedule's been filling up this month, cutting back on some of my LibriVox stuff. Can I be removed from my reading assignments for this project?
Join the "Frauds, Forgeries, and Fake News Collection" - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=78482&hilit=fake+news
dklymenko

Post by dklymenko »

stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »