COMPLETE [DR] Little Men by Louisa May Alcott - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

ej400 wrote: March 20th, 2020, 7:53 pm
stoogeswoman wrote: March 20th, 2020, 7:32 pm It's been a while, but I really love the Alcott books -- may I preclaim Narrator? 8-)
Hello,
I'm very sorry but it appears you have already had the narrator before (in version 3) of this project. Is it alright if someone else can give it a go? :D
Oh no, really? Would you believe I forgot? I've done so many Alcott books!

Oh well, that's fine! Would it be OK if I claimed one of the roles, then? (Like Jo?)

If not, I totally understand & will look for something else to occupy my quarantine time. Thanks either way! 8-)
ej400

Post by ej400 »

stoogeswoman wrote: March 20th, 2020, 8:59 pm Oh no, really? Would you believe I forgot? I've done so many Alcott books!

Oh well, that's fine! Would it be OK if I claimed one of the roles, then? (Like Jo?)

If not, I totally understand & will look for something else to occupy my quarantine time. Thanks either way! 8-)
That's alright. Of course, you can claim a character. Just let us know which one you decide on :D Thank you!
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

In that case, I would love love LOVE to claim Jo! Thanks so much!
ej400 wrote: March 21st, 2020, 8:20 am
stoogeswoman wrote: March 20th, 2020, 8:59 pm Oh no, really? Would you believe I forgot? I've done so many Alcott books!

That's alright. Of course, you can claim a character. Just let us know which one you decide on :D Thank you!
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

stoogeswoman wrote: March 21st, 2020, 9:31 am In that case, I would love love LOVE to claim Jo! Thanks so much!
ej400 wrote: March 21st, 2020, 8:20 am

Thank you!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

May I offer to read Silas as he is one of the few older male characters. I think I can do an American accent even if it sounds a bit comical.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

alanmapstone wrote: March 22nd, 2020, 9:42 pm May I offer to read Silas as he is one of the few older male characters. I think I can do an American accent even if it sounds a bit comical.
Of course!
If doing an American accent is too difficult, it's okay too. We don't mind what accent you do :wink:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Just curious: You KNOW that version 3 is already a dramatic reading, catalogued 3 years ago?
Are we running out of sources already?
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Availle wrote: March 23rd, 2020, 5:19 pm Just curious: You KNOW that version 3 is already a dramatic reading, catalogued 3 years ago?
Are we running out of sources already?
Yup, and no, just been interested in doing this project for years and finally got a team together. :D
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

But you are not the BC are you ? You seem to be answering a lot of the BC aimed questions?
If you think DRs are so much better than other forms, why not do something else so listeners have another one to listen to ? Just asking as it seems a bit odd to me.

Anne
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

annise wrote: March 23rd, 2020, 8:16 pm But you are not the BC are you ? You seem to be answering a lot of the BC aimed questions?
If you think DRs are so much better than other forms, why not do something else so listeners have another one to listen to ? Just asking as it seems a bit odd to me.

Anne
Hmm ... well, there are multiple versions of lots of popular books on Librivox, and AFAIK there's no rule that says you can't do another one if you want to.

With so many of us forced to stay at home, we need diversions -- and rerecording a book we all love so much may be just the "comfort food" some of us need to keep our spirits up!

A DR, rather than a solo version, involves multiple people, which means we'll have other people to communicate with on a regular basis -- another good thing!

If you don't think it's appropriate to do another version, I understand and respect your right to your opinion. But let's not quarrel about it, OK? "Birds in their little nests agree," as "Beth" once said! 8-)

(Oh, and my husband just pointed out, "There's at least 100 different versions of Beethoven's 5th Symphony out there, but no one minds if someone decides to play it again!" :lol: )
ej400

Post by ej400 »

annise wrote: March 23rd, 2020, 8:16 pm But you are not the BC are you ? You seem to be answering a lot of the BC aimed questions?
Because I've been asked to CO-BC, and JayKitty76 wanted me to help her out :D
annise wrote: March 23rd, 2020, 8:16 pm If you think DRs are so much better than other forms, why not do something else so listeners have another one to listen to ? Just asking as it seems a bit odd to me.
Because I like a certain criteria of works. I don't know a huge amount of books, but for the ones I do, I'd like to record those ones as DR's because I like to express myself through the characters. I know this is the 4th version of this book, but I've wanted to do this one for years. I hope to start another one that hasn't been done before, and I'm constantly looking for the ones that haven't been done before, but I thought this one would be a nice start for JayKitty's first BC'ed DR.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

I'm sorry I'm late to this convo. First of all, I want to thank Christine for her thoughtful reply... I agree with her 100% and I couldn't have worded it better.

I'm excited about moving forward with this project, and my hope is that it's a source of encouragement for everyone who decides to collaborate with us.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Also, I'm fine with EJ replying for me if I'm not online. He's co-BC so it's OK.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Just a thought -- sometimes what we do on LV is as much for the readers as it is for the potential listeners. And, I think that is okay. And, choices are always good, anyway. Want to guess how many recordings or Poe's "The Raven" we have on LV? Do a search. :roll:

And, recently I was looking on Audible for a production of Pinocchio that I was part of on another venue. Many, many different versions! I really and to search. And, as you said, this is the case of most of the popular books

Personally, I like to work on "New" projects, but have also done duplicates.
I just wish I had time to do the narration, but I've got one large narration in progress, and some long stage directions.

So, I say, "Carry on!"
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

I agree with the suggestion that with so many of us having to isolate alone it may be ok to do librivox projects for the sake of the readers rather than the listeners. I am finding LV one of the few things I have to enjoy at the moment and hope to do more from now on if projects are available. DWs or DRs are best as that involve more interaction with others. :help: I may even launch a project of my own.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose