COMPLETE [DR] Little Men by Louisa May Alcott - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

[DR] Little Men by Louisa May Alcott (1832-1888).

This project is complete and all audio files can be found in the catalogue: https://librivox.org/little-men-version-4-dramatic-reading-by-louisa-may-alcott/
Little Men is the sequel to Louisa May Alcott's bestselling book Little Women. It opens as Jo March and her husband Fritz Bhaer begin a school for boys, called Plumfield. The book follows the escapades of the Plumfield boys and the children of Jo, Amy and Meg as mischief, laughter and love fill the school. ( Rachel )
  • BC: Rachel (JayKitty76)
    DPL: Ashleigh (ashleighjane)
    Editor:
    Michele (wib66)
    Casting is NOT gender perfect, owing to the few amount of female roles here. :wink:
    Chapter 21, follow along with the song, starting at 1:07: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/littlemen_nan_21_128kb.mp3
    1. Is there a deadline?
      We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    2. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here
      To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    3. New to recording?
      Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (don't use this, this is not the script!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/2788
      SCRIPT: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gV6pRCPF3_ZYXi6MTvw0K9lQfujg3mqV (You might have to change your settings to display the files by name- thus in numerical order.)
    5. Please claim roles (the numbers in the first column below)! Please note: All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.
      If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

============================================
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430
      Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
      Submit one file per act.
    7. Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      [Role], read by [your name].
      If you are reading stage directions, please include for each file:At the beginning: Act [#] of Louisa May Alcott , by Little Men . This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.
      At the end: End of Act [#].
      Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Save files as 128 kbps MP3
      littlemen_[role]_[#]_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the act number.

Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Rapunzelina
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
      Any questions?
      Please post below. Thank you!!
Last edited by JayKitty76 on August 1st, 2021, 5:17 pm, edited 10 times in total.
~ πš˜πš— πš‘πš’πšŠπšπšžπšœ ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

I'm preclaiming Daisy, if I may.
I will also PL Elijah's lines.
A big thank you to Twinkle for letting us use her highlighted text!
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ej400 wrote: ↑March 19th, 2020, 6:25 pm DPL checking in :thumbs: :D And I would like to preclaim Nat. :D
You got it!
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Editor checking in! Such a fun book.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
MissJoy

Post by MissJoy »

How soon is this going to readerΒ΄s wanted?
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

MissJoy wrote: ↑March 20th, 2020, 3:21 pm How soon is this going to readerΒ΄s wanted?
When we get an MC... that depends on MC availability. But you can preclaim characters if you want, I know there's not an MW up yet but here's a list of the characters and what chapters they're in:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F_GGcVGFRNyfNXw9afSbPVDcCCg50yuTwO_iRK5T2lg/edit?usp=sharing
MissJoy

Post by MissJoy »

Thanks! It looks very interesting, but IΒ΄m a little unsure yet as I am very much a newbie :D . How do you do to quickly find the next place your character speaks?
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

MissJoy wrote: ↑March 20th, 2020, 3:42 pm Thanks! It looks very interesting, but IΒ΄m a little unsure yet as I am very much a newbie :D . How do you do to quickly find the next place your character speaks?
I like to scroll through before I record, so I get a general idea of where my lines are. Your role's lines are color coded so you look for your color. If the lines are very far apart you can also push pause in Audacity (or whatever recording software you use) and find your lines, then press record again.
Also, if you want to see the lines of the different characters, here's the full script: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gV6pRCPF3_ZYXi6MTvw0K9lQfujg3mqV
There's also a link in the first post.
MissJoy

Post by MissJoy »

Thanks!
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

MissJoy wrote: ↑March 20th, 2020, 5:20 pmThanks!
Yeah no problem :wink:
MissJoy

Post by MissJoy »

I would like to preclaim Meg, if I may...
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

MissJoy wrote: ↑March 20th, 2020, 5:27 pm I would like to preclaim Meg, if I may...
Of course!
Thank you for claiming!
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

It's been a while, but I really love the Alcott books -- may I preclaim Narrator? 8-)
ej400

Post by ej400 »

stoogeswoman wrote: ↑March 20th, 2020, 7:32 pm It's been a while, but I really love the Alcott books -- may I preclaim Narrator? 8-)
Hello,
I'm very sorry but it appears you have already had the narrator before (in version 3) of this project. Is it alright if someone else can give it a go? :D