FULL[PLAY]The Princess of Elis by Molière - thw

Plays and other dramatic works
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » June 30th, 2020, 7:36 am

I will try to clean that stuff out. My hearing continues to decline so I don't hear it - thank you for telling me exactly where to clean and that it is helping!

Assembling Don Juan.

Thanks, Todd

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » June 30th, 2020, 8:16 am

ToddHW wrote:
June 30th, 2020, 7:36 am
I will try to clean that stuff out. My hearing continues to decline so I don't hear it - thank you for telling me exactly where to clean and that it is helping!
Try amplifying the sample with +50 db, then you can see the waves jumping in intervals and you can also hear it ;)

But yes, I also don't hear some frequencies. This one I don't think I heard in the parts PLs. Maybe I was listening on the other computer and without earphones. But it's really noticeable.

Let's hope we never lose our hearing entirely. :shock:

Sonia

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » June 30th, 2020, 1:21 pm

I did the noise cleaning where you suggested and it looks better. Of course you hope it sounds better but I can't tell that....

I also deamplified the stacked parts between ~4:00 and ~7:00 (only the stacked parts in there) to make them a little less loud.

Thanks, Todd

alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone » July 1st, 2020, 2:32 am

Kitty wrote:
June 30th, 2020, 6:33 am
I have only one major issue with this act:
> from 0:49-0:57 / 8:40-9:19 / 9:44-12:15 / 15:23-15:51 - all of Alan's Arbates speeches have a very disturbing background rustling. I wonder why I didn't hear it the first time around, maybe I didn't use earphones then.
I tried Audacity's noise-cleaning and it works if you take a sample from the noise, because it is a very regular sound, so it also cleans it up inside the speeches.
I took a sample between 8:50 and 8:51 and it worked well, the sound was completely gone. Strangely enough after 15:51 (even in mid-speech) his sound was better again, the noise disappeared :hmm: I wonder what it was, it sounds like static, very regular.
Sorry about this. I did these recordings some time ago before I started noise cleaning all my recordings, which I do now. Also I never use headphones and my hearing is not what it was so I tend not to notice background noise unless it is visible on Audacity.
If you want me to clean and reupload anything I still have the files but obviously it would be better if you or Todd could fix it.
It should not happen again in the future.
Did it also happen on the Iphitas parts in act 2?
alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » July 1st, 2020, 3:40 am

ToddHW wrote:
June 30th, 2020, 1:21 pm
I did the noise cleaning where you suggested and it looks better. Of course you hope it sounds better but I can't tell that....
I also deamplified the stacked parts between ~4:00 and ~7:00 (only the stacked parts in there) to make them a little less loud.
yes the decreased volume is definitely easier on my ears. :thumbs: And Alan's lines are much much better, I'm happy it was possible to clean out this crackling. :9:

So we only need this one voice credit for Climène at 2:21 and then this Act is all ok.

Thanks

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » July 1st, 2020, 3:44 am

alanmapstone wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 2:32 am
Did it also happen on the Iphitas parts in act 2?
I am about to listen to Act 2, I will let you know. But judging from the voice credits, Arbates was the only one where this sound occured. Fingers crossed. :)

I wonder what caused it though. :hmm: It's a very regular clicking sound. If you still have your files, just try amplifying very loud the silence between some of your words, then you can hear it and see it in the Audacity waves. They constantly peak at regular intervals.

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » July 1st, 2020, 4:45 am

Act 2 is PL ok right away. I loved the echo-scene with Moron :lol:

And Alan, rest assured: as I thought, your audio was noise-free this time. :thumbs:

Now we are only waiting for one final role. The reader hasn't been online for quite some time :hmm: Hope all is ok.

Sonia

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » July 1st, 2020, 6:11 am

PM not picked up - not online since 19 May....

Thanks, Todd