Thank you.

Todd

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » February 1st, 2020, 2:58 am

fsurget wrote:
January 31st, 2020, 2:14 pm
Here is the Shabby Person...
:lol: the eagerness with which you reply "YES !" to the drink offer is priceless ! This is excellently in character. You even sound a bit tipsy already when advertising your magazine :thumbs: no wonder the Squire has to laugh about this. Now you may get typecast on drunkards :lol:

Wonderful job, Frédéric, thank you so much. It's only a small scene, but you really star there. I wish he had more to say in Act 3 as well. :(

totally PL ok !!

Looking forward to George Dandin :9:

Have a nice weekend

Sonia

fsurget

Post by fsurget » February 4th, 2020, 10:24 am

Yes... the Shabby Person was fun... maybe I should read Malted- instead of butter-milk ;)

See/read you all soon !

MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs » February 9th, 2020, 5:10 am

Kitty wrote:
January 31st, 2020, 2:52 am
PL notes for Act 2:
> at 19:11: "From Eric when his regiment was quartered at—" I checked with the original scan, this is actually Kate speaking, so it can get cut (Note to myself: need to insert this sentence into my file at 9:58, because I also overlooked it when I recorded my role)
Act 2 narration back for spot PL.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/squire_narrator_2_128kb.mp3

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » February 9th, 2020, 5:38 am

Thank you.

Todd

MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs » February 9th, 2020, 7:06 am

Kitty wrote:

The whole script was a bit of a mess too, it wasn't easy to get it all correctly. :| I have a few notes as a result here, I hope I found everything. My eyes were tearing staring at the script and making sense of some things. :?

PL notes for Act 1:

> at 1:10: "villagers" can be cut, we actually have special descriptions for them all, you can see them all in the MW: Voice - Loud Voice – Child - Woman's Voice - Man's Voice. Also, don't forget to include your own credit at the end, "Stage directions read by Michael Maggs"

> at 4:54: (L. C.—putting her arms round his neck) – we need to include "Christiana" here, as there is a long description of Izod inside her speech, so it we need to mention again, who is it were are talking about

> at 5:12: "Christiana, looking round" – also here, typo in Gutenberg, the name should be bold, this is Christiana's speech, so you need to name here

> at 22:39: "to Christiana" – you simply say "Chris"

> at 27:44: "right of table" – also here, since a lengthy description of Felicity is inside the speech, we need to repeat "Kate" here once again

> at 28:42: "Kate. (Eric rises and stands R., C., To Fel., pointing to door L.)" – I think this is a typo again. I would say "Eric rises and stands R., C.," and then "Kate, to Felicity, pointing to door L"
Act 1 narration ready for spot PL. https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/squire_narrator_1_128kb.mp3

I originally said "stage directions read by Michael Maggs" immediately after the standard disclaimer but I've moved it the end of the list of characters as requested.

Hope I caught everything. Not one of Gutenberg's best attempts at proof reading. :wink:

MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs » February 9th, 2020, 7:22 am

Kitty wrote:
PL notes for Act 3:

> at about 1:15: missed line: "murmurs from all"

> at 3:07: "C. to Felicity" – I think this should be "Christiana to Felicity" (not "center") as it makes sense that she would order her about

> at about 4:57: missed line "the countryman's song" – since nobody is actually singing this, the narrator should mention it
Act 3 narration for spot PL: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/squire_narrator_3_128kb.mp3

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » February 9th, 2020, 8:21 am

Thank you.

Todd

mightyfelix

Post by mightyfelix » February 9th, 2020, 6:30 pm

I'm going to get started on Felicity's lines very soon. Is there a reason you don't want the song actually sung in Act 2? I would understand if it was supposed to be part of a chorus, because that's rather tricky to coordinate. But if it's just PD concerns, I can easily make up a little ditty to fit it.

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » February 10th, 2020, 2:45 am

It is hard to tell if a song tune is actually PD. Hard to compose a tune that really fits the character. And many of us, like me, don't exactly carry an unaccompanied tune magnificently - and without music playing, it won't sound like it would have in a theater anyhow and hence might clash with the words-alone reading for the rest of the play.

Feel free to make up something, but please give me a words only version as well and don't be upset if I decide that fits better.

Thanks, Todd

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » February 10th, 2020, 6:26 am

MichaelMaggs wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 7:06 am
Act 1 narration ready for spot PL. https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/squire_narrator_1_128kb.mp3

I originally said "stage directions read by Michael Maggs" immediately after the standard disclaimer but I've moved it the end of the list of characters as requested.
thank you for the corrections to the three acts. I see now in Act 1 you left out all the villagers' special voice credits. But I think it's ok, I'll make sure the readers will say them, and I guess you also stick around a bit, in case we still need them from you, so I'll mark them all PL ok.

Thanks Michael, a huge job once again.

Sonia

MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs » February 10th, 2020, 6:55 am

Yes, I'll stick around in case anything additional needs to be added. It's not always easy to second-guess exactly what's wanted. Especially with very long things like Pinero it would in many ways be quicker and easier for the narrator to include pretty well everything, leaving it to the Todd to ignore anything he doesn't need in the final version, but often that results in having to cut things out and re-upload. Not really sure how to deal with it efficiently. Maybe it's just not possible. :?

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » February 10th, 2020, 8:43 am

The fact that what I want changes from day to day, or at least from project to project, does not help....

Thanks, Todd

Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe » February 10th, 2020, 12:06 pm

Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » February 10th, 2020, 1:07 pm

Thank you.

Todd