COMPLETE[PLAY]The Torch-Bearers by George Kelly - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

I claimed my part a month ago, but remain interested, and just wanted to post an update of "I'm not AWOL". :9:
Join the "Frauds, Forgeries, and Fake News Collection" - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=78482&hilit=fake+news
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
benderca

Post by benderca »

Here's Nelly Fell, Act 1:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/torchbearers_nellyfell_1_128kb.mp3

I added some laughing and shrieking as per stage directions if you care to use them. I listed them here so that you can easily find them:

18:15
Suddenly Nelly bursts into a fit of laughing, having made the point of the story.

19:19
Mrs. Fell bursts out afresh over something else that Ritter whispers.

20:04
Nelly Fell utters a piercing little shriek, having almost fallen off the chair in reaching to pick up her bag.

20:51
Nelly Fell turns away from the center-door with an exclamation of distress.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Well, bit the bullet and edited in the corrections for Act 1 Stage Directions.
Devorah, you mad it easy, and took me far less time than I had anticipated.

I guess I should have asked about those "together" lines.
They weren't marked as stage directions (but aren't dialog either) and didn't seem to add information that wasn't clear in the dialog. But, there you have them.

I went back and recorded them for Act 2 and will incorporate them as I edit that act today.
I'm working from home every day now, so a bit more time to edit and listen, but recording time is harder to find because the kids are also home!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/torchbearers_stagedirections_1_128kb.mp3 1:47:04
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Nelly, Act 1:

14:32 Missing line: "Pardon me, Ralph."
15:40 OPTIONAL You inserted an extra word here that doesn't change the meaning much, but it does change the flavor a bit, so to speak. The line is, "Was sudden, wasn’t it?" I hear "Was it sudden, wasn’t it?"
19:33-19:47 OPTIONAL suggestion. These three lines ("Just one minute, Flossie—one minute—", "Flossie, Flossie, Flossie!", and "Flossie, Flossie, Flossie!") are Nelly's attempt to interrupt the scene and make the actors stop because she believes that they've skipped something. (She is, of course, incorrect. :wink: ) But I think a bit more urgency in your voice would convey that very well.

Great job, TJ. I hope Todd is able to use some of the laughs and shrieks you've given us; they're marvelous!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Excellent corrections, Larry! Pat yourself on the back! :clap: I'm very glad if I made it easier for you; that was my goal. :thumbs:

There was one misplaced line that you forgot to cut, but Todd can easily take care of this for you, so I'll mark it PL ok! :D

"Mrs. Pampinelli and Mrs. Ritter, speaking together." This phrase is in a spot where it doesn't belong, now at 23:13-23:16. It is now also present where it does belong, so Todd, you can just cut it from here.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Got it. Thanks.

Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Here we go with stage directions for Act 2.
I think I got all the "together" lines, and put it through my two-stage editing process, so I hope this one will have fewer PL Notes than Act 1 :roll:
i included intros and outros for three parts at the end of the recording so you'll have them if needed. Also, recorde the long "Note" at the beginning.
Somewhat shorter than Act 1. I haven't recorded Act 3 yet, so don't know how it will turn out.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/torchbearers_stagedirections_2_128kb.mp3 l:17:38
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Yay! Well, I'm home all day tomorrow, so I should have time to listen. But then again, my husband is home all day, too, so he might require my attention. :wink: I'll try to get to it, though.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

mightyfelix wrote: March 21st, 2020, 11:55 pm Yay! Well, I'm home all day tomorrow, so I should have time to listen. But then again, my husband is home all day, too, so he might require my attention. :wink: I'll try to get to it, though.
Yeah, I'm working from home, but so is my wife and my daughter, and her two kids doing school on line. Makes recording time scarcer, and more interruptions come. So far our broadband is holding up.
~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you both.

Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Excellent work, Larry! Only one minor correction to be made! In a recording of this length, that is superb!

14:28 Missing character's name at the beginning of the direction: "Stage Manager, off at the left."

Todd, the intros for Parts 1,2,3 are all found at the end. :)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I orphaned a part: claim has expired and reader hadn't been logged into Librivox in over two months to make corrections to the one act they did record.

Thanks, Todd