COMPLETE[PLAY]The Torch-Bearers by George Kelly - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/torchbearers_ritter_3_128kb.mp3

19:26 - Act 3 of Mr. Fred Ritter. Hopefully I didn't mix up any of my lines with the other Ritter this time!

If I get a tone or emotive curve wrong at some point- feel free to suggest changes as well (I waive my protect-the-self-esteem-from-critique rights LibrVox provides). I had fun with this part, and really want to see my part in this play turn out well! :clap: :clap: I'm intrigued by how this all turns out in the end. Collobs can be so fun!
Join the "Frauds, Forgeries, and Fake News Collection" - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=78482&hilit=fake+news
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

I too love the collaborative nature of plays. Always exciting to hear what ye'all come up with for characterizations for me to enjoy as I put them together. That's why I run so many.

Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Fred Ritter is PL ok for Act 1. Only a couple of notes on Act 3. One of them is optional.

4:06 OPTIONAL note on inflection. The line is "Something has happened to me." This is said in response to this wife's worried "I thought something had happened to you." It would sound better, I think, if you emphasized the word has, as the italics in the script show.
11:27 Missing line: "What happened to the skinny guy’s mustache, that it kept falling off every other line?"
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Guess what? Two editing sessions today, and I have stage directions for Act 3 ready for you.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/torchbearers_stagedirections_3_128kb.mp3 52:35

The shortest of the acts which total 4 hours of stage directions. :shock:

On to finish Belinda, long but not that long.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

Join the "Frauds, Forgeries, and Fake News Collection" - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=78482&hilit=fake+news
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

May I read Mr Spindler?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
benderca

Post by benderca »

mightyfelix wrote: March 20th, 2020, 10:50 am Nelly, Act 1:

(14:33) 14:32 Missing line: "Pardon me, Ralph."

(14:46) 15:40 OPTIONAL You inserted an extra word here that doesn't change the meaning much, but it does change the flavor a bit, so to speak. The line is, "Was sudden, wasn’t it?" I hear "Was it sudden, wasn’t it?"

(19:38-20:02) 19:33-19:47 OPTIONAL suggestion. These three lines ("Just one minute, Flossie—one minute—", "Flossie, Flossie, Flossie!", and "Flossie, Flossie, Flossie!") are Nelly's attempt to interrupt the scene and make the actors stop because she believes that they've skipped something. (She is, of course, incorrect. :wink: ) But I think a bit more urgency in your voice would convey that very well.

Great job, TJ. I hope Todd is able to use some of the laughs and shrieks you've given us; they're marvelous!
Thanks, Devorah.

I made all three improvements. In your third suggestion, in addition to updating "Just one minute, Flossie—one minute—", "Flossie, Flossie, Flossie!", and "Just a minute", I also updated the next two lines ("Oh, I beg your pardon, I thought she’d omitted a line" and "I beg your pardon") to flow with the previous lines. Let me know if I sound urgent enough. :D I put the new time stamps in red.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/torchbearers_nellyfell_1_128kb.mp3

TJ
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Mr. Ritter is totally PL ok! Thank you, Adam, some of your lines were laugh out loud funny. I can't wait to hear you along with the other cast members! :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And Nelly Fell (what a great name!) is also PL ok for act 1. I'll catch up on the rest tomorrow. :)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Great job with Spindler! You know, I really felt for him while listening. Poor guy just wants to do the right thing and get some appreciation, and nothing works! :lol: And I'm going to be so mean to you as Pampinelli! :twisted:

But I'll be nice as DPL. Only a few lines missing. :)

Act 1:
1:13 Missing line: "You know what I told you out at the door?"
4:02 Two missing lines: "I hope he doesn’t pull anything like that tomorrow night." and "Click—click." (Yes, another one. There is a "click, click" at 3:58, but it actually happens twice. You can copy/paste that one, or record a new one, your choice.)

Act 2:
1:57 Missing line: "Twiller!"