COMPLETE [DR] - The Bat (novel), by Mary Roberts Rinehart-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

JohanSupertramp wrote: March 16th, 2020, 7:37 am https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/bat_youngdetective_01_128kps.mp3
Young Detective (0:08)

I did not record my name because the line was so short. But if you would like me to do it, I can fix it and send it back in.
Thanks, Johan!

I actually will need your "Young Detective, read by (the name you use for your Catalog page)", even though this is a bit part. Everybody who contributes gets listed on the Dramatis Personae track. :)

Just make it its own file and submit it as bat_youngdetective_dp_128kb. I will splice it into the master dp right away, so no need to edit the ch. 1 file in this case. 8-)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

And P.S. - your bit line is perfect. :) - Young Detective is PL OK. :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Verbena

Post by Verbena »

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks! :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Most excellent!! Thanks!!

There is one missing line. At :09, we need "I couldn't get back to my rooms" (with spacing to keep it from running into the surrounding lines)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Two more narrator files edited, so I'll be editing chapters 4 and 6 soon. :)
~Lynette * -
JohanSupertramp

Post by JohanSupertramp »

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Perfect, Johan! Thanks!
~Lynette * -
pyledriver

Post by pyledriver »

Finally getting back to it. I still need to rerecord the other two chapters.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/bat_doctorwells_13_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/bat_doctorwells_17_128kb.mp3

By the way, did you know the first film adaptation of The Bat is credited with inspiring the Batman's Bat-Signal?
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks! I have these two loaded and queued for PL.

No, I didn't know that, but I'd been wondering!
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

pyledriver wrote: March 27th, 2020, 1:21 pm Finally getting back to it. I still need to rerecord the other two chapters.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/bat_doctorwells_13_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/bat_doctorwells_17_128kb.mp3

By the way, did you know the first film adaptation of The Bat is credited with inspiring the Batman's Bat-Signal?
Doctor Wells 13 and 17 are both PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

17 has a repeat of one line in two different intonations. I actually would like to keep both, so that when I edit the chapter, I can pick the one that plays up best - assuming that's cool with you.
~Lynette * -
pyledriver

Post by pyledriver »

LCaulkins wrote: March 28th, 2020, 8:41 am 17 has a repeat of one line in two different intonations. I actually would like to keep both, so that when I edit the chapter, I can pick the one that plays up best - assuming that's cool with you.
Of course. Thanks!
pyledriver

Post by pyledriver »

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks for these. Let me see first if it'll let me amplify it to 89 without giving it space monkeys. :)
~Lynette * -
pyledriver

Post by pyledriver »

LCaulkins wrote: April 11th, 2020, 6:46 am Thanks for these. Let me see first if it'll let me amplify it to 89 without giving it space monkeys. :)
How did it work out? I'm planning to do some recording this week, and I'm happy to give this one another try.