COMPLETE [DR] - The Bat (novel), by Mary Roberts Rinehart-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

pyledriver wrote: June 17th, 2020, 11:23 am
LCaulkins wrote: April 11th, 2020, 6:46 am Thanks for these. Let me see first if it'll let me amplify it to 89 without giving it space monkeys. :)
How did it work out? I'm planning to do some recording this week, and I'm happy to give this one another try.
Oh, geez - how did that task get dropped? I'm so sorry! My entire LibriVox "operations" got totally changed when folks had to move their work home here.

I just downloaded your file and edited the volume up to 89 decibels, and it seems to have come through without space monkeys. So don't worry about re-recording the chapter. I would suggest, if you hadn't already done so, bumping up your recording volume a bit. Most dramatic read editors try to get everyone's tracks matched to the 89-90 dB range. (Plus, while 86 is perfectly fine for LV use, it's frequently hard for listeners to hear at that volume if not using earphones - so it's nice to have a higher dB range on an audiobook.)

So - Dr. Wells 15 and 16 are both PL OK :thumbs: Thanks!!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

This was first project with LibriVox... glad to see it's coming along and making progress towards finishing! :clap: Congrats people!
Join the "Frauds, Forgeries, and Fake News Collection" - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=78482&hilit=fake+news
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

AdamBielka wrote: August 11th, 2020, 6:32 pm This was first project with LibriVox... glad to see it's coming along and making progress towards finishing! :clap: Congrats people!
Hi, Adam! I'm glad you love this as much as I do. The pandemic changed things completely at our house, with work-at-home noisiness making it impossible to do recordings. At the same time, I had just picked up several of Elizabby's projects to help finish for her after we lost her, so it's been a frustrating few months in terms of LibriVox slow-down.

Now that Scott works every other week in-office and in-home, recordings can resume at least at half-pace, and I can do editing work again without disturbing his video conferencing.

Excited for things to start moving again! Progress here will be slow for a bit, but several other projects are wrapping up rapidly, so this will get front seat again soon.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

I'm popping in to update where I'm at with this project:

It's clear that the Covid greatly weakened my vocal cords. They do improve each week, but currently they are incapable of recording more than 20-25 minutes per day, with weekends completely off for resting them.

I'm hitting two other narrator parts that have others waiting for current work. I've done about 3/4 of all that, so they're close to being off my list.

Then I'll be back to narrating and editing this project. I'd estimate that will be in 3 or 4 weeks.
~Lynette * -
TomHersant

Post by TomHersant »

My goodness, I just logged back on LibriVox today to learn of your recovery. My absence was, thankfully, not at all due to health so I am now able to resume reading. Please let me know if there i some way that i can lighten your reading load.

Tommy
Blackboards are truly remarkable!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Tommy! Nice to "see" you :)

Yes, fortunately your absence coincided with difficulties on my end, too (and other readers), so there's been no problem of waiting.

I'm wrapping up a couple of narrator parts that have been waiting specifically on me, and then I'll be back over here to hit the narration and chapter editing full steam.

Incoming parts will get proofed as they arrive, though, so post away as your time allows. 8-)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

The Bat now has my full attention :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Chapter 2 is edited :) I'll be procuring a DPL for us when I get through chapter 8.
~Lynette * -
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

Scott
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thank you :)
~Lynette * -
caulkinsh

Post by caulkinsh »

Hi everyone! I am able to resume recording now. Here's my read for chapter 13!

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/bat_Dale_13_128kb.mp3
Verbena

Post by Verbena »

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

caulkinsh wrote: August 29th, 2021, 1:11 pm Hi everyone! I am able to resume recording now. Here's my read for chapter 13!

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/bat_Dale_13_128kb.mp3
Super! (specs need changing to Constant and 128; volume needs raising to 89ish)

This file is PL OK now :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

PatrickGlenn wrote: August 29th, 2021, 1:36 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/bat_brooks_7_missing_128kb.mp3

Missing Line from Chapter 7
Thanks! Specs are correct, volume low (try speaking closer to the mic for next recording)

This file is PL OK now :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

SCaulkins wrote: August 29th, 2021, 1:08 pm Detective Anderson ch. 11

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/bat_anderson_11.mp3 (3:20)
PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -