[FULL] DR - The Bat (novel), by Mary Roberts Rinehart-mas

Plays and other dramatic works
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins » June 18th, 2020, 8:59 am

pyledriver wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 11:23 am
LCaulkins wrote:
April 11th, 2020, 6:46 am
Thanks for these. Let me see first if it'll let me amplify it to 89 without giving it space monkeys. :)
How did it work out? I'm planning to do some recording this week, and I'm happy to give this one another try.
Oh, geez - how did that task get dropped? I'm so sorry! My entire LibriVox "operations" got totally changed when folks had to move their work home here.

I just downloaded your file and edited the volume up to 89 decibels, and it seems to have come through without space monkeys. So don't worry about re-recording the chapter. I would suggest, if you hadn't already done so, bumping up your recording volume a bit. Most dramatic read editors try to get everyone's tracks matched to the 89-90 dB range. (Plus, while 86 is perfectly fine for LV use, it's frequently hard for listeners to hear at that volume if not using earphones - so it's nice to have a higher dB range on an audiobook.)

So - Dr. Wells 15 and 16 are both PL OK :thumbs: Thanks!!
~Lynette in Colorado, USA (pushing through a post-funeral funk)
My Sections

Readers Needed:
The Book of Jubilees

AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka » August 11th, 2020, 6:32 pm

This was first project with LibriVox... glad to see it's coming along and making progress towards finishing! :clap: Congrats people!
Join the "Frauds, Forgeries, and Fake News Collection" - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=78482&hilit=fake+news

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins » August 12th, 2020, 9:02 am

AdamBielka wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 6:32 pm
This was first project with LibriVox... glad to see it's coming along and making progress towards finishing! :clap: Congrats people!
Hi, Adam! I'm glad you love this as much as I do. The pandemic changed things completely at our house, with work-at-home noisiness making it impossible to do recordings. At the same time, I had just picked up several of Elizabby's projects to help finish for her after we lost her, so it's been a frustrating few months in terms of LibriVox slow-down.

Now that Scott works every other week in-office and in-home, recordings can resume at least at half-pace, and I can do editing work again without disturbing his video conferencing.

Excited for things to start moving again! Progress here will be slow for a bit, but several other projects are wrapping up rapidly, so this will get front seat again soon.
~Lynette in Colorado, USA (pushing through a post-funeral funk)
My Sections

Readers Needed:
The Book of Jubilees