FULL[PLAY] Belinda: an April Folly, by A.A. Milne - thw

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
silverquill
Posts: 14801
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » May 6th, 2020, 8:48 am

lymiewithpurpose wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 1:58 pm
silverquill wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 9:52 pm
Stage Directions for Act 2

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/belinda_stagedirections_2_128kb.mp3 30:39

(It's all about the mole)
Nice work, you put great character in it. Only a few notes:
10:23 - direction needs to include ‘Belinda’ here as it is the beginning of her line

15:53 - direction needs to include ‘Tremayne’ here as it is the beginning of his line

22:22 - direction needs to include ‘Baxter’ here as it is the beginning of his line
Thanks for your PL!

But, I must confessed that I am mystified by the notes above.
I've listened to those times and compared them to my marked script, but cannot find the lines that are missing names. It would have been helpful if you could have identified the lines that were missing the names. I can't find them. Otherwise, these are easy to correct with a little copy and paste usually.
~ Larry

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 2145
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Post by lymiewithpurpose » May 6th, 2020, 9:33 am

silverquill wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 8:48 am
lymiewithpurpose wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 1:58 pm
silverquill wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 9:52 pm
Stage Directions for Act 2

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/belinda_stagedirections_2_128kb.mp3 30:39

(It's all about the mole)
Nice work, you put great character in it. Only a few notes:
10:23 - direction needs to include ‘Belinda’ here as it is the beginning of her line

15:53 - direction needs to include ‘Tremayne’ here as it is the beginning of his line

22:22 - direction needs to include ‘Baxter’ here as it is the beginning of his line
Thanks for your PL!

But, I must confessed that I am mystified by the notes above.
I've listened to those times and compared them to my marked script, but cannot find the lines that are missing names. It would have been helpful if you could have identified the lines that were missing the names. I can't find them. Otherwise, these are easy to correct with a little copy and paste usually.
I am thoroughly embarrassed. I thought I had been so smart with my PLing. I truncated the silences so there was less silence that I would have to listen to, saving me some time. I did not even think that would change the timing of notes. Silly me. Needless to say, that will not be happening again for me. Here are the true times, and the third one I corrected to say 'Devenish' as it is his line:

11:17 - direction needs to include ‘Belinda’ here as it is the beginning of her line (“Belinda: following to R. at back of table)

17:22 - direction needs to include ‘Tremayne’ here as it is the beginning of his line (“Tremayne: bending over her earnestly)

24:31 - direction needs to include ‘Devenish’ here as it is the beginning of his line (“Devenish: to Baxter, taking his arm….)
Campbell
pronouns: they/them

silverquill
Posts: 14801
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » May 6th, 2020, 11:28 am

Okay, that helps a lot.
Thanks for the extra effort

Corrections:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/belinda_stagedirections_2_128kb.mp3

That means I missed these three time - marking the script, reading, and my own line-by-line PL.

I'll get Act 3 in soon.
~ Larry

LCaulkins
Posts: 1994
Joined: October 6th, 2019, 10:22 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by LCaulkins » May 6th, 2020, 11:36 am

Larry, and Campbell, I just wanted to say how much I appreciate all your work! I'm antsy to be able to put this project in top priority!

It's a huge cramp on my LibriVox time having Scott's work at home these days. . . but it's not going to be forever, so my current snail's pace will pick up at some point. . .
~Lynette in Colorado, USA (Have had Covid for a week - can do PL, but recording is paused)
My Sections

Readers Needed:
The Book of Jubilees

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 2145
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Post by lymiewithpurpose » May 6th, 2020, 12:25 pm

silverquill wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 11:28 am
Okay, that helps a lot.
Thanks for the extra effort

Corrections:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/belinda_stagedirections_2_128kb.mp3

That means I missed these three time - marking the script, reading, and my own line-by-line PL.

I'll get Act 3 in soon.
And it's OK now. I find it annoying in the script how they sometimes forgot line breaks so it's very easy to miss the fact that there are new lines.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 2145
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Post by lymiewithpurpose » May 6th, 2020, 12:26 pm

LCaulkins wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 11:36 am
Larry, and Campbell, I just wanted to say how much I appreciate all your work! I'm antsy to be able to put this project in top priority!

It's a huge cramp on my LibriVox time having Scott's work at home these days. . . but it's not going to be forever, so my current snail's pace will pick up at some point. . .
Take your time, these are strange times for everybody!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them

silverquill
Posts: 14801
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 30th, 2020, 8:55 am

Well, I've had this recorded for a while, but put the editing on the back burner since this project seems to be stalled. But, I want to clear this from my project list, so here is Act III

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/belinda_stagedirections_3_128kb.mp3 22:52
~ Larry

LCaulkins
Posts: 1994
Joined: October 6th, 2019, 10:22 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by LCaulkins » July 31st, 2020, 7:46 am

Thank you, Larry :)
~Lynette in Colorado, USA (Have had Covid for a week - can do PL, but recording is paused)
My Sections

Readers Needed:
The Book of Jubilees

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 2145
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Post by lymiewithpurpose » August 3rd, 2020, 10:27 am

Just checking in to say I saw the file that needs to be PLed - it's rather a crazy week for me so I may not be speedy but I am working on it.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them

LCaulkins
Posts: 1994
Joined: October 6th, 2019, 10:22 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by LCaulkins » August 3rd, 2020, 10:34 am

You're good, Campbell! While I'll be picking up the recording/editing work for Belinda's role this week, it will not be racing along, so there's no rush on you. :)
~Lynette in Colorado, USA (Have had Covid for a week - can do PL, but recording is paused)
My Sections

Readers Needed:
The Book of Jubilees

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 2145
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Post by lymiewithpurpose » August 8th, 2020, 4:42 pm

silverquill wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 8:55 am
Well, I've had this recorded for a while, but put the editing on the back burner since this project seems to be stalled. But, I want to clear this from my project list, so here is Act III

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/belinda_stagedirections_3_128kb.mp3 22:52
And this is PL OK, nice work!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them

silverquill
Posts: 14801
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » August 10th, 2020, 10:47 am

Thanks, Campbell. I appreciate the PL.
I'll keep this project on watch, so if anything comes up down the line that needs attention, just shoot me a note.
~ Larry

LCaulkins
Posts: 1994
Joined: October 6th, 2019, 10:22 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by LCaulkins » August 10th, 2020, 11:45 am

Thank you, Larry!
~Lynette in Colorado, USA (Have had Covid for a week - can do PL, but recording is paused)
My Sections

Readers Needed:
The Book of Jubilees

LCaulkins
Posts: 1994
Joined: October 6th, 2019, 10:22 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by LCaulkins » August 11th, 2020, 3:24 pm

Hey, Campbell,

I've got the Belinda lines for Act 1 recorded.

Rather than make you PL that file on its own, since all the other roles/directions are PL OK, I'm just going to edit my file into the finished Act 1 (which will catch any boo-boo's in my own recording while I'm working the edit), and then let you PL the finished Act. I'm guessing I'll be finished with it between Friday and Sunday.
~Lynette in Colorado, USA (Have had Covid for a week - can do PL, but recording is paused)
My Sections

Readers Needed:
The Book of Jubilees

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 2145
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Post by lymiewithpurpose » August 11th, 2020, 3:31 pm

Sounds good, will look out for it.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them

Post Reply