COMPLETE[PLAY] Belinda: an April Folly, by A.A. Milne - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Wow! Seriously, Milne's mega-copious stage directions make it take MUCH longer than usual to splice the act together. Just two more pages, though. :) I'll have those finished soon, but I'm going to hold it overnight so I can come back with fresh ears tomorrow and listen to the whole track for any volume or pacing spots I may want to adjust before I upload it for you, Campbell.

By the way, Larry, amazing job with the stage directions. :!:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

LCaulkins wrote: August 16th, 2020, 4:06 pm Wow! Seriously, Milne's mega-copious stage directions make it take MUCH longer than usual to splice the act together. Just two more pages, though. :) I'll have those finished soon, but I'm going to hold it overnight so I can come back with fresh ears tomorrow and listen to the whole track for any volume or pacing spots I may want to adjust before I upload it for you, Campbell.

Sounds good, I'm excited!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

LCaulkins wrote: August 16th, 2020, 4:06 pm Wow! Seriously, Milne's mega-copious stage directions make it take MUCH longer than usual to splice the act together. Just two more pages, though. :) I'll have those finished soon, but I'm going to hold it overnight so I can come back with fresh ears tomorrow and listen to the whole track for any volume or pacing spots I may want to adjust before I upload it for you, Campbell.

And doing this play followed Torchbearers where Larry did 4 hours of stage directions!! All these modern playwrights that think they have to tell actors how to act....

Thanks, Todd
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

There it is, Campbell! :)

Everybody has done such a remarkable job. I think it's a fun play, and it's coming together fantastically.

We are missing one Devenish line, at 31:17. I've sent JohanSupertramp a message, and hopefully he'll see that soonish.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
lymiewithpurpose

LCaulkins wrote: August 17th, 2020, 12:09 pm There it is, Campbell! :)

Everybody has done such a remarkable job. I think it's a fun play, and it's coming together fantastically.

We are missing one Devenish line, at 31:17. I've sent JohanSupertramp a message, and hopefully he'll see that soonish.
Yay! So if I understand correctly, I can still PL this, knowing that we are missing a line. Correct?
Campbell
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Yep :)

And then we'll just spot check that one portion later.
~Lynette * -
lymiewithpurpose

I have finished PLing Act 1! Everybody did such a wonderful job, very fun to listen to. And you definitely took a lot of work upon yourself in the editing. I was not expecting to hear every single stage direction, but props to you for putting in the extra work. I have a decent amount of notes, most of them optional. Most of them are volume notes. Be aware that I have mild sound sensitivity, so if you find a note that you don't agree with feel free to ignore.

One thing I noticed is the stage directions felt slightly quiet throughout. No need to change here (I've pointed out any lines I felt could use some fiddling with) but something maybe to think about for the next few acts.

3:12, 6:20-6:35, 15:35 - volume jump

18:45 - stage directions could be a bit louder

19:11-19:13 - these two lined (‘no’, ‘hurriedly’) could be a bit louder

Line beginning at 20:01 could be a bit quieter

21:48-22:01 could be a bit louder

25:49, 29:55 - stage directions could be louder

35:03 - ‘Mrs. Tremayne, I claim the right of age...’ sounds a bit loud to me

35:25 - ‘Mrs. Tremayne, I am a man of substantial position’ also sounds loud

38:33 - this line feels like a volume jump

39:40-39:46 - very mild, but this sounds a bit jumpy/staticky to me

40:02 - Baxter’s line sounds loud

42:07 - ‘how do you do?’ sounds a bit quiet

46:38 - I believe it should be ‘BELINDA, with that…’ (it currently is missing the Belinda). Not sure if this is my mistake in not catching it PLing, but there should be a stage direction that would be easy to copy from

Can't wait for more!
Campbell
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Campbell, these are amazing notes! Thank you so much! Super appreciated.
~Lynette * -
lymiewithpurpose

Hi Lynette,

I know you are recovering from Covid, but I wanted to let you know that due to health reasons I will not be able to continue PLing this project when you are able to resume. This is such a great play, and I know it will turn out wonderfully. Thanks for letting me listen!
Campbell
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 21st, 2021, 8:50 am Hi Lynette,

I know you are recovering from Covid, but I wanted to let you know that due to health reasons I will not be able to continue PLing this project when you are able to resume. This is such a great play, and I know it will turn out wonderfully. Thanks for letting me listen!
Hi Campbell, thank you so much for the work you did on Act I. It hasn't been addressed by me yet, but I want you to know it is **greatly** appreciated and was exactly the kind of detailed attention I was hoping for. This play is next in line for attention when I finish my contribution for Wives & Daughters, and my editing will be much better because of your input.

I hate that you're having to deal with health stuff. You are a bright spot in LibriVox, and I hope you have lots of good moments of peace and warmth.
~Lynette * -
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

By the way, when you are working on this again, the filename for Act 1 should be changed to
"https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/belinda_1_milne_128kb.mp3" not
"https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/belinda_act1_milne_128kb.mp3" - just using the act number rather than saying "act" as well.

Other act filenames similar, of course.

Thanks, Todd
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

will do :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

OK, Todd :) This project now has my priority attention to finish up.

I've got the missing line, am procuring another DPL, and will finish re-editing act 1 tomorrow.
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ciufi Galeazzi will be our new DPL :)
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

:thumbs: