COMPLETE[PLAYS]One Act Play Collection 013 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you for both. If there is any singing, please still do not sing, just chant.

Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Here is a corrected file for the stage directions for Love's Magic.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lovemagic_stagedirections_sierra.mp3 9:24

I've added the intro, characters and outro.
I've also correct the pronunciation or Pierrot in most places throughout. A couple I could patch right, but I don't think they sound to bad. Sorry for my poor French and for not checking this out first. Glad you are there to set me straight!
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: April 8th, 2020, 10:35 pm Here is a corrected file for the stage directions for Love's Magic.
I've also correct the pronunciation or Pierrot in most places throughout.
oh, you corrected them at several more spots ? You could have given me those time-stamps to save me some time ;) well I have relistened to it all now once more and it's PL ok now. Thank you, Larry.

Only waiting for Pierrette and then we can wrap this up. 8-)

Sonia
JtotheP716

Post by JtotheP716 »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: April 9th, 2020, 4:59 am
silverquill wrote: April 8th, 2020, 10:35 pm Here is a corrected file for the stage directions for Love's Magic.
I've also correct the pronunciation or Pierrot in most places throughout.
oh, you corrected them at several more spots ? You could have given me those time-stamps to save me some time ;) well I have relistened to it all now once more and it's PL ok now. Thank you, Larry.

Only waiting for Pierrette and then we can wrap this up. 8-)

Sonia
Thank you - but is the whole narration file new? I had already put it into the master file, but I can start over if necessary.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: April 10th, 2020, 6:34 am is the whole narration file new? I had already put it into the master file, but I can start over if necessary.
ah, no, I think it's basically all the same. He only corrected the things I pointed out, and then he mentioned correcting some more "Pierrot" pronunciations, but when I listened again I didn't hear many changes. I think you can keep your old file and only insert my notes. If I find anything odd in the final file we can compare then whether the new file was better.

Sonia
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Here is the narrator for The Cyclops and Philene/First Musician.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cyclops_narrator_euripedes_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/sicilian_philene_moliere_128kb.mp3

Edit: I just noticed you only need 19 - The Maid to finish that one? I can help out if you like.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you for the files and claim.

Todd
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Availle wrote: April 10th, 2020, 6:32 pm Edit: I just noticed you only need 19 - The Maid to finish that one? I can help out if you like.
Well, on second thought... :(

It appears she's a non-speaking role? Just doing maidly stuff in utter silence.

Please do check, I have browsed through the script very quickly.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I used the Archive search function - for SUSAN - and found a line at the top of page 14. But that might be it.

Thanks, Todd
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Availle wrote: April 11th, 2020, 7:19 am
Availle wrote: April 10th, 2020, 6:32 pm Edit: I just noticed you only need 19 - The Maid to finish that one? I can help out if you like.
Well, on second thought... :(

It appears she's a non-speaking role? Just doing maidly stuff in utter silence.

Please do check, I have browsed through the script very quickly.
ToddHW wrote: April 11th, 2020, 7:31 am I used the Archive search function - for SUSAN - and found a line at the top of page 14. But that might be it.

Thanks, Todd
I believe that is the only line I have found. Funny that she has only one line. It would be wonderful if you were willing to read it!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Availle. Philene is already absolutely PL ok. Poor sighing lover :thumbs: nicely done.

Since I was at it, I also checked the Cyclops narration, and here I found a few things to correct:

> at 0:03: after "by Euripides" best also to name the translator: "translated by Edward Coleridge"

> at 0:40: (p. 449) "chorus of Satyrs" - I would suggest to correct this pronunciation, because you said "satires" which is a different thing (= a funny play). "Satyrs" (= mythological people) is pronounced with simple /i/ or even almost mute /e/ in the final syllable. Not rhyming with "wire". More like "martyr"

> at 3:42: also at the end: "translated by Edward Coleridge"

@Todd: I went ahead and checked the chorus of cowardly satyrs as well :lol: do you really want to attempt to merge two voices for so many lines ? :shock: good luck with that. In any case, excellently played out and PL ok. :)

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

“I believe that is the only line I have found. Funny that she has only one line.”

I noticed that too when I was recording my role in that play, causing me to speculate that the playwright was “encouraged” to include that line so that the play underwriter’s hot girlfriend could get a “speaking role” on the stage. :lol:

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: April 11th, 2020, 12:47 pm I noticed that too when I was recording my role in that play, causing me to speculate that the playwright was “encouraged” to include that line so that the play underwriter’s hot girlfriend could get a “speaking role” on the stage.
Ha! My thought was that maybe a publisher wanted a certain amount of roles... your idea makes sense too though.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them