Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

great addition, very gloomy. Thank you, all PL ok now

Sonia
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Hi Todd

How would you like the character list to be handled? Will everybody be announcing their own characters (in which case I just need to say "Narration by ..."), or something else? I can read the whole page as-is, if you like.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Please read the cast list as it is given, including any other characters that are in the MW (such as your own voice credit). This makes it easy for me to find where to cut in the voice credits that I should get from each reader, and allows me to use your words if a voice credit is incomplete.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: October 15th, 2019, 2:57 pmHere is Joliffe. At least I think it is. It is hard to remember...
I had a long day today, so I will keep this treat for tomorrow if you don't mind. I am looking forward to the mayhem you are surely creating here :lol:

good night for now

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

And I must listen to your Mrs Smith when I get back to town!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: October 15th, 2019, 2:57 pmHere is Joliffe. At least I think it is. It is hard to remember...
:lol: I had a treat of listening to all of Jollife (I mean Marmy) now. Excellent job, Todd. I love the languishing undertone you give him throughout the play. But sometimes he can be mean, especially with John :mrgreen: And I think our scenes together will be hilarious. I'm surprised you didn't listen to them before, it sounds as if we rehearsed some parts. Of course I think you may know by now what I sound like in some situations, as it's not the first time we had a scene together. That's the perks of having a good solid group together. :9:

I have some minor corrections for the three acts though, but considering how long it was, it was really a flawless job.

Act 1:
> at 11:05: (p. 20) “no, don’t think of taking off 2 ½ percent” – you say “I don’t think”, it does change the meaning a little bit, may be optional though

Act 2:
> at 3:25: (p. 32) "am I not about to perpetrate a bigamy " – I hear "perpetuate" :hmm:

> at about 4:47: (p. 40) missed line: (outside) "Want me, want me ?"

Act 3:
> at 11:16: (p. 68) "take back the pocket-money" – you say "pocket-book"

thanks for this entertainment :) So looking forward to hearing all this assembled

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

OK I claim the Hinxman role.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: October 20th, 2019, 6:30 am OK I claim the Hinxman role.
now I am looking forward to hearing this performance :mrgreen:

:thumbs: Thanks for taking part here !

Sonia
ssfellows

Post by ssfellows »

Hello All,

Act 1 of Dr. Titus is ready for review: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/inchancery_titus_01_128kb.mp3

Cheers,
Steve
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Been eyeing this one for awhile. I think I'll read for Walker, if you please.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ssfellows wrote: October 22nd, 2019, 7:30 pmAct 1 of Dr. Titus is ready for review: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/inchancery_titus_01_128kb.mp3
He's got the bullet ! :shock: what a conman ! didn't see that one coming.

A wonderful job you did Steve in giving this doctor a memorable character. I love the deep rumbling voice you're doing. :9: Already looking forward to the next two acts.

But I have a few corrections here in this act as well:

> at about 0:14: (p. 7) missed line: "Oh, quite so, quite so."

> at 2:25: (p. 11) between "I'll be bound" and "Mr. Joliffe", there are stage directions. Careful that you also leave enough editing space in such parts where the directions happen inside your speech

> at about 3:32: (p. 13) missed line: "Confound it, man, why don't you return to the place you came from ?"

thank you !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: October 22nd, 2019, 10:14 pmBeen eyeing this one for awhile. I think I'll read for Walker, if you please.
yay yay yay
thank you so much Devorah, you'll be great in this role. Walker is quite a patent, sometimes snappy confidante. Looking forward to this. 8-)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Joliffe fixed as you suggest. Thank you for listening so carefully!

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Well, Mrs. "Smith". I am glad I did not listen to your part before reading mine. You hussy! You - whatever the female version of "cad" is. Trying to get me arrested in place of your husband!

Or is that supposed to be me? Who am I then? Well, I don't know. But I do know that you are NOT really Mrs. Smith! Harummph.

PL OK. I really look forward to assembling this! It must have been a riot to rehearse this: "Joliffe, stand over there. No, not you, the other Mr Jollife...."

Thanks, Todd