[COMPLETE]The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes DR -ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
johnnyenglish

Post by johnnyenglish »

Thanks Peter,

Yes, I noticed that the remaining four stories (Watson) had been assigned in the MW.

WiltedScribe, obviously we are all a bit thrown by this sad news. Could you please get in touch and let
me know if you are still interested in doing these reads.

(I would personally prefer it if somebody else did them, but please do not feel pressured.
If for any reason you are unable to do them, I shall read them myself.)

Please get in touch.

Andrew
I have absolutely nothing in this world but time - so I believe I should invest it wisely...
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Hi all,

Like you, I'm deeply saddened about Beth's passing, especially since we were occasional collaborators in this forum. Before she passed, she did, in fact, PM me and asked if I could step in at the last minute as Dr. Watson. Always willing to help out, I agreed, and was also sure to ask if she had a preferred deadline for the role. In her final communication to me, she said, "...as soon as you can would be lovely, but we are willing to wait as you’ve only just picked this up." So she was perfectly understanding about it, knowing I had other claims to finish. I pledged to prioritize this project, however, and began recording before I heard the tragic news. Now I feel like it would be a nice way to pay tribute to her by finishing what she asked me to do, and I will do my very best to get those files done in a timely way. If I find I cannot do them all, I will let you know. As the standard deadline here is two months, my claims will expire in March. I don't expect it will take me that long to do them, but in case it is so, we can touch base at that time.

Anyway, I will endeavor to hand in my first section or two soon. :thumbs:
Tomas Peter
johnnyenglish

Post by johnnyenglish »

That is great, Mate!

Beth put in a heck of a lot of work on this, and I too think it would be a fitting tribute
to finish the project.

Looking forward to hearing your reads!

Um.. as I have been going through 'tut MW, I also noticed that we are also waiting on
Mr Arthur Holder for section 11 - but as it was only claimed on Jan 3rd, again there is no pressure!

(Can't be bad though - apart from those few absences - we are nearly done! Wahay!)

It's a bit of a downer editing her reads, knowing that she is no longer with us. I think she was Brill!

Andrew
I have absolutely nothing in this world but time - so I believe I should invest it wisely...
johnnyenglish

Post by johnnyenglish »

Hello Peter,

I've just started editing Section 11, The Beryl Coronet, and got a little confused.

I think what has happened is that Beth missed a character in the cast list. This is
quite understandable, as - so far as I have read - he is anonymous!

However, there is a whole section in orange that hasn't been made available to read,
and I'm not entirely sure what to do about it.

Any advice?
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Andrew; I'm going out shortly (Monday evening), and will be out most of tomorrow. I'll have a look tomorrow evening. It does look as if the google document needs editing. I don't know whether that's possible, if Beth created it. If not, a new reader will have to be recruited. On a quick look, it's just a few lines, but I need to read through the story to make sure what needs doing.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

johnnyenglish wrote: January 29th, 2020, 1:50 am I'm still not entirely sure how to use the Magic Window, so if I could have the link to
that help page, that would be cool.

Kathrinee, would it be okay if I added a dedication to Beth somewhere?
Yes, I think a dedication to Beth is a good idea. You can add it to the blurb.

Here is how to access the Magic Window for the first time https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxWB83bbALTQYjlENGZ0SVJUWWs

This document outlines the BC responsibilities https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kVj409nG_E0XJ5UrrcL7EVx7Qyx-2UQ7dbw4mINi3XQ. :thumbs:
Kathrine
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Andrew, that orange text embedded in Mr Holder's conversation is the only place that this character appears. The speaker's style of voice is implied in Holder's descripion of him. You could probably get away with asking Algy Pup, who read Mr Holder, to take it on, if he can handle something like an upper class English accent; alternatively, ask around for another reader.

Peter
johnnyenglish

Post by johnnyenglish »

Thanks Peter,

If I don't have to mess with the google doc, I should be able to sort that! :)
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Lines for Anonymous Client (Section 11) uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/sherlockholmes_anonymousclient_11_128kb.mp3
3:19

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by johnnyenglish »

Thanks Algy!

Practically word perfect!

There is on one very minor error. Towards the end you say
'the' coronet, instead of 'this' coronet. I only mention this in case you would like to correct it.

For myself, I don't think it is worth worrying about, and I am happy to decare this PL OK!

Nice one! :thumbs:
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Corrected version of lines for Anonymous Client updated.

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by johnnyenglish »

Note to Zames Curran (cool name! :wink: )

Are you still interested in reading the part that you volunteered for?

Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Andrew
johnnyenglish

Post by johnnyenglish »

I profusely aologise, but I have just found out that three of my life
long friends have passed this week.

From completely unrelated causes.

(I've been a bit out of touch lately)

I just can't deal with this.

Goodbye.
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Andrew, I'm very sorry that you've been hit so hard.

Kathrinee, I'm willing to take this project over. Could you give me access to the MW, please?

Peter
johnnyenglish

Post by johnnyenglish »

Peter, I have rough edits for sections 8, 10, and 11.

Would you like me to post them?

Thank you for taking this on - I am totally gutted at the moment.