[COMPLETE]The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes DR -ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
johnnyenglish

Post by johnnyenglish »

'Dr Watson and his narration ... which is a very big job.'

Tell me about it! :lol:
I have absolutely nothing in this world but time - so I believe I should invest it wisely...
johnnyenglish

Post by johnnyenglish »

Dudes.

I must admit that I check in now and again to see if there is any progress - I am a 'lurker' these days!

But, it appears to be a total waste of time doing so, so I won't be bothering in future.

However, I still wish everyone the best, and deeply hope that this project will be finished one day.
(Preferably before I am dead!)

I do have the master copies of the eight stories that I narrated anf edited myself (with an assist from Peter,)
but I would love to hear the final four stories completed.

Respect.
I have absolutely nothing in this world but time - so I believe I should invest it wisely...
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Hi all!

My apologies for the delay; my first recording session devoted to this project ended... shall we say, badly (i.e. I lost about 15 minutes of audio), so I set it aside temporarily for other claims that were older than this one. I should have more time to get these last four stories finished soon.
Tomas Peter
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Thanks for the update, Tomas.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
johnnyenglish

Post by johnnyenglish »

'(i.e. I lost about 15 minutes of audio)'

Yeah - it's an absolute pain in the wossnames when that happens...

I can relate! :shock:

Better luck next time.

Kind regards.

Andrew
PatrS

Post by PatrS »

Hello,

I would be interested in providing reading for this project.

I would be willing to take on any roles that are open. I have never done a collaboration for a section on this website before but would like to try.
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

I'm afraid that all the parts have either been already recorded or assigned to a reader (we're just waiting on Dr Watson). You can tell this by looking through the "magic window" in the first page of the thread; look for "PL OK" (complete and checked for errors ... proof-listen okay) or "assigned". If a part isn't already claimed, you will see "open" next to it.

Have a look through the other dramatic readings or plays for an open part. You should be able to find something that you like the look of. Although if you're only interested in Sherlock, I'm sure that there will be another collection of stories posted here some time, as he's so popular.

Peter
johnnyenglish

Post by johnnyenglish »

Hello Peter and Tomas,

It has now been four months (maybe five...) since anything was recorded for this project.

Tomas - if you are simply too busy to take part, this is completely acceptable and understood.

Peter - I repeat my offer to read the last four Watson roles. I really didn't want to, but I would like to see the project finished before anyone else dies.

Andrew
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Andrew, thank you for your offer, but I'll contact wiltedscribe first, to find out how he's getting on. I'll worry if we haven't heard, two months after his last post in this thread.

Peter
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Hello all,

All's well; I have more recording time to finish this project this month. Had a few other claims to take care of, but now my slate is freer, so I'll have this all settled. :thumbs:
Tomas Peter
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Thanks; I'm looking forward to bringing these stories together.

Peter
johnnyenglish

Post by johnnyenglish »

Yeah, me too! Glad you're okay!

Andrew. :D
GarethrHeathcote

Post by GarethrHeathcote »

Hi all! I'm new here and I'm a big Holmes fan. I was wondering if I could do anything to help?
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Thanks for offering, Gareth, but wiltedscribe's recordings of Dr Watson (who's effectively the narrator, as well as a character, in the stories) is the only one pending. All the other parts have been recorded.

If it's just the Holmes stories you want to have a go at, I'm sure that someone will be organising another collection; but there are always parts available in other plays or DRs.

You can tell which parts in a play or DR are waiting for a reader by looking for "Open" to the right of a character's name in the magic window in the first post in the thread.

Peter
eleoraf

Post by eleoraf »

I am interested in Watson’s part on the speckled band if it becomes available. However, it would be my first time recording, so for cataloguing, you could put me down for Eleora Funk.