[COMPLETE]The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes DR -ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Thanks, eleoraf; at the moment, all of Watson's parts are taken, assigned to wiltedscribe.

I'm sure that there'll be another Sherlock collection, as he's so popular.

I'll bear you in mind in case Watson is released.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
johnnyenglish

Post by johnnyenglish »

Hello Folks,

Just wanted to give you a little background - as I have decided to entirely give up on Librivox.

When I launched this project in September 2019, I honestly didn't realise that it would be so difficult.

It all started with 'The Dying Detective' in Todd's Dramatic read post. (Remember that Peter?)

Anyways - I got in touch with Beth after that, to enquire if she planned to do any more Holmes stories.
(I had no idea at that time just how unwell she was... :| )

Anyways, she told me that she and a lady friend had already read most of the Sherlock Holmes catalogue.
(I think that Beth read Watson.)

However, she did mention 2 stories that were yet to be recorded, so I enthusiastically volunteered to participate, should she ever decide to go forward with them...

Imagine my surprise when I recieved the first seven scripts the next day, closely followed by the remaining five...

So - I did my best. I honestly didn't have the faintest idea what I was doing! I just couldn't wrap my head
round the Magic Window - and I was pretty nervous about my recordings anyway.

However, Beth had a whole bunch of projects underway already, so she didn't want this one in her name,
so I did as she requested. However, I would like to state for the record that this was - and always will be - Beth's
project.

I sincerely hope that it may be finished some day.
I have absolutely nothing in this world but time - so I believe I should invest it wisely...
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Have no fear, everyone: I'll begin sending Watson files by the weekend. We're almost there. :thumbs:
Tomas Peter
benderca

Post by benderca »

WiltedScribe wrote: May 7th, 2020, 4:42 pm Have no fear, everyone: I'll begin sending Watson files by the weekend. We're almost there. :thumbs:
I, for one, am not worried, Tomas. I have worked on projects (and am working on projects) which have taken much longer. :D
DylanTG

Post by DylanTG »

Section 66: The Speckled Band (Story 8) appears open; Is there any chance I could volunteer to read the part of Miss Helen Stoner ?
Apologies if I‘m seeing this wrong; I don’t typically read or post on Librivox on my mobile.

Cheers!
Dylan T.G.
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

I'm afraid this is a quirk of the way the magic window is arranged. The story itself is still marked as open, because we're waiting on one of the character parts to be completed (Dr Watson).

All of the character parts in this project have been recorded or (in the case of Watson) marked as assigned.

I'm sure that there will be another Sherlock Holmes dramatic read collection set up some time, as they are so popular among the readers.

Peter
DylanTG

Post by DylanTG »

Thanks for getting back to me!

Good luck on finishing up, not that I imagine you need it; I look forward to listening! 😁

Cheers

DTG
Dylan T.G.
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Here's the first Watson section of mine to start. More on the way.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/sherlockholmes_watson_10_128kb.mp3
Tomas Peter
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Thanks, Tomas;

I've been through your recording; Watson sounds fine. A few very minor word changes that don't matter, but could you edit these two fragments, please?

9.55 "said Holmes suavely" .... Could you read that as "SWAH-vlee", please?

15.02 “You’re angry, Robert,” said she. “Well, I guess you have every cause to be.” You read "said he" instead of "said she" (it's about 4/5 of the way through the text), and the phrase doesn't occur anywhere else.

You could simply upload a file with just those two pieces in it.

Peter
benderca

Post by benderca »

WiltedScribe wrote: June 14th, 2020, 9:53 pm Here's the first Watson section of mine to start. More on the way.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/sherlockholmes_watson_10_128kb.mp3
Who has access to the Magic Window in this project? Could you please link this file to the magic window and mark it as "see PL notes"?
Thanks!
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

My apologies; it's so long that I've been a BC, I had forgotten my duties.

Peter
benderca

Post by benderca »

Peter Why wrote: July 9th, 2020, 7:42 am My apologies; it's so long that I've been a BC, I had forgotten my duties.

Peter
Thanks, Peter. It's still not linked to the magic window, but it's a start. :D
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Odd; the link to the mp3 works for me.
Peter
benderca

Post by benderca »

Peter Why wrote: July 9th, 2020, 10:09 am Odd; the link to the mp3 works for me.
Peter
Odd indeed. The link is now visible to me, but it wasn't before. This is a case for Sherlock Holmes...

Thanks so much for humoring me. :D
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Tomas Peter