[COMPLETE]The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes DR -ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Thanks, Andrew; you could perhaps upload flacs or wavs of your files.

But I'm waiting on kathrinee before I get involved.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
johnnyenglish

Post by johnnyenglish »

No worrys Matey.

I will upload them, but send you the links in a PM.

Thank you once again - I really appreciate your help. :thumbs:
I have absolutely nothing in this world but time - so I believe I should invest it wisely...
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Peter Why wrote: February 8th, 2020, 4:09 pm Andrew, I'm very sorry that you've been hit so hard.

Kathrinee, I'm willing to take this project over. Could you give me access to the MW, please?

Peter
Done! Thank you :9:
Kathrine
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Kathrine,

For story ten, it looks as if we need another five readers, as you can see if you look at the script for the story: Colonel Lysander Stark (German accent); Elise Stark (German accent); Inspector Bradstreet; Plainclothes policeman; and Station Master.

It's a long time since I meddled with the sections in a magic window, and I didn't want to do anything irrevocable. Could you add the new lines for these readers, please? I'll read through the story and find out how many lines/words, each character has, and will put a request for new readers in the forum.

EDIT: Please don't make the changes in the MW until I've checked the parts. I couldn't see the station master when I had a quick look.
... CONTINUED: There are no signs of these characters in the story, so please ignore this note. I'll carry on editing the parts together.

By the way, Zames Curran (who was going to read a part in story 11) hasn't been on the LV forum for over a month. I've sent him a PM.

Oh, and we're going to need a proof-listener for the final files.

Peter
Last edited by Peter Why on March 14th, 2020, 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thank you for stepping in to finish these short stories, Peter! :9:
Kathrine
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

I'm glad to help; it will be good to see this collection released to our eager public!
Peter
linny

Post by linny »

Peter Why wrote: February 13th, 2020, 2:38 pm Oh, and we're going to need a proof-listener for the final file.

Peter
I can PL the final files for you.
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Thanks, linny; it will be a while yet, as we still have some recordings pending.

If you like, I could PM you when a story is ready.

Peter
linny

Post by linny »

Sounds good. Thank you.
johnnyenglish

Post by johnnyenglish »

Hey Dudes,

Just popped in to say goodbye.

I'm still checking out the (lack of! :shock: ) progress every now and then,
but to be honest - I do not anticipate being able to volunteer for anything in the foreseeable future.

Having said that.

Peter, I am sure that you have now realised that the 'extra' five roles in section 11 are simply an
editing error. I was unable to do anything about Beth's Google docs, and unfortunately I was banned from the
forum before I could share this information. (No worries there - I totally appreciate that I was out of order!)

My apologies.

(If you would care to check out section 9 - 'The Adventure of the Engineers Thumb' - you will find that all
these roles have been recorded and approved. Beth actually 'Ploked' my edit of the story before she passed.)

Just wanted to send everyone my very best wishes.

Keep up the good work! :thumbs:

Andrew
I have absolutely nothing in this world but time - so I believe I should invest it wisely...
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Thanks, Andrew; the Engineer's Thumb is marked as PL okay in the magic window.

I hope life goes well for you.
Peter
ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran »

OK, so it's been two weeks since I said I'd definitely have it by the weekend...… but here it is...

Arthur in the Beryl Coronet

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/sherlockholmes_arthur_99_128kb.mp3 (2:12)
Truth,
James
---------------------
johnnyenglish

Post by johnnyenglish »

Hello Zames,

I realise that I have forfeited my right to comment by withdrawing from this project, and you are totally free to ignore this.

However, although your vocal performance is absolutely wonderful ( :9: ), the overall sound quality is totally abysmal.

The only reason that I mention this is that Beth gave me a REALLY hard time over my recordings, and pointed out faults that
I could not actally hear myself. I took her at her word, and corrected my errors as per her advice (wonderful lady.)

However, even I am able to hear that this recording leaves a lot to be desired - and I am partially deaf!

So... Please do not be offended if I pass this advice along. (It's what Beth advised me.)

Go to Effects/Noise Reduction. Select a section of 'silence', create your noise profile, and apply it.
You may have to repeat this process a few times, as your background noise is even more extreme
than my own was. Still - it can be fixed - and the read otherwise is outstanding.

Respect.
ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran »

johnnyenglish wrote: February 27th, 2020, 6:47 pm However, although your vocal performance is absolutely wonderful ( :9: ), the overall sound quality is totally abysmal.
I did run it thru noise reduction -- but I think I may have forgotten to save the last edit.

Anyway, I've run it again, and re-uploaded the file.
Truth,
James
---------------------
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Thank you, Zames; that's word perfect. I'll edit it in, and we're just waiting on Dr Watson and his narration ... which is a very big job.

Peter