[COMPLETE DR]Dr Dolittle's Post Office, Hugh Lofting - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
benderca

Post by benderca »

mightyfelix wrote: July 4th, 2020, 6:20 pm Thanks TJ! I appreciate your thoroughness, but no, don't worry about these things. Most or all of them would require readers to resubmit parts that were already marked PL ok, and some of them aren't even around anymore.

What I do definitely want feedback on are things like volume and spacing. If one character sounds much louder or much softer than everything else, for instance, or if there's an extra long space that sounds awkward. Later on in the story, there will be some group/unison lines, and those tend to be a bit tricky too.

Glad you're enjoying it so far!
Got it! Everything sounded good in these first two chapters (volume, spacing, etc.) -- so PL OK!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Here is the retake on that line you requested:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/dolittle_narratorredo_5.mp3

I'm sorry for the misread.
Don't hesitate to ask for any other corrections that might pop up.
I don't mind at all. :)
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, Larry!

(TJ, I ran into a snag on section 5, so it's not ready yet. But I should be able to stay on schedule with two new sections tomorrow.)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Section 5 is ready. Starting on 6...
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Uh-oh. I've hit another snag. And this time, it's a worse one. Beth missed two lines from the seagull, and it was her daughter who read that part. So I'm sure there's no chance of our getting them from her. We'll have to find a similar-ish voice. :?

I've posted in Orphaned Parts.
benderca

Post by benderca »

mightyfelix wrote: July 6th, 2020, 10:59 am Uh-oh. I've hit another snag. And this time, it's a worse one. Beth missed two lines from the seagull, and it was her daughter who read that part. So I'm sure there's no chance of our getting them from her. We'll have to find a similar-ish voice. :?

I've posted in Orphaned Parts.
Jasmin can probably imitate her voice. She does cute young girl voices.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Has Jasmin tried an Aussie accent before? If not, it's her big chance! :mrgreen:
benderca

Post by benderca »

mightyfelix wrote: July 6th, 2020, 5:07 pm Has Jasmin tried an Aussie accent before? If not, it's her big chance! :mrgreen:
Not yet, but she does impressive British (specifically Hermione Granger) and German accents — and she regularly watches “H2O“ on the teli...
benderca

Post by benderca »

benderca wrote: July 7th, 2020, 3:22 am
mightyfelix wrote: July 6th, 2020, 5:07 pm Has Jasmin tried an Aussie accent before? If not, it's her big chance! :mrgreen:
Not yet, but she does impressive British (specifically Hermione Granger) and German accents — and she regularly watches “H2O“ on the teli...
Yes, Jasmin says she can do Aussie-Speak. :D
benderca

Post by benderca »

Part 1 Chapters 3-4 is PL OK. The spacing and volume all sound great!

I know Parts-PLing has already been done, but one thing I thought I'd mention (because I can't stop myself :wink: ):

1:14
I hear the narrator say “On” instead of “Of” (which changes the meaning):
"Of this vessel, H. M. S. Violet, the Captain was very proud."
benderca

Post by benderca »

Part 1 Chapters 5-6 is PL OK. (That was fun listening to Jasmin in action!).

One little note:
2:34
This is all part of the narrator’s part, but there is an awkward connection between“…another” and “part…” – Maybe if you faded in to “part” it would flow more smoothly.

“Domestic mails are those that carry letters from one part of a country to another part of the same country, or from one part of a city to another.”
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

benderca wrote: July 8th, 2020, 8:44 am
benderca wrote: July 7th, 2020, 3:22 am
Yes, Jasmin says she can do Aussie-Speak. :D
Great, I'll look forward to hearing it! You can, of course, have her listen to both seagull files from the MW to give her a better idea what to aim at.

Section 7 is ready for PL. I'll fiddle around with the "another part" bit that you mentioned, and see if I can even it out. No promises, though. The other thing (on/of) I had planned to let slide.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

benderca wrote: July 8th, 2020, 11:52 am Part 1 Chapters 5-6 is PL OK. (That was fun listening to Jasmin in action!).

One little note:
2:34
This is all part of the narrator’s part, but there is an awkward connection between“…another” and “part…” – Maybe if you faded in to “part” it would flow more smoothly.

“Domestic mails are those that carry letters from one part of a country to another part of the same country, or from one part of a city to another.”
I would be glad to redo that line if it would help!
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Minor word switch in section 8 for Jip. I'll PM Rafe to see if we can get a redo. If not, though, it won't be too bad.

(2:40, for my own reference. :wink:)

EDIT: I finished editing on that section anyway and uploaded it with the switched word in it, just in case of any unusual eventuality. :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And section 9 is ready for PL. :)