[COMPLETE] The Artist, or Young Ladies' Instructor in Painting, Drawing... - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Welcome to the project! Thanks for offering to PL this, it's all yours! :D

PLing dramatic works is a little different than listening to standard texts:
It's a two-part process, you once listen to all the individual roles and then a final time after editing (you can also choose to do only one of those parts, that's perfectly fine).
It's most important to check that all the lines are there so that the other characters are not talking to themselves. :lol: Volume can be fixed by the editor, and so can background noise - but if there's a constant screech behind a recording, it's good to mention it nevertheless.

Other than that... Have fun! :D

Edit: With great sadness, I had to orphan Ellen and Mommy... :( I hope we can adopt new ones soon.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
erieston

Post by erieston »

Availle wrote: October 18th, 2019, 5:42 pm Welcome to the project! Thanks for offering to PL this, it's all yours! :D

PLing dramatic works is a little different than listening to standard texts:
It's a two-part process, you once listen to all the individual roles and then a final time after editing (you can also choose to do only one of those parts, that's perfectly fine).
It's most important to check that all the lines are there so that the other characters are not talking to themselves. :lol: Volume can be fixed by the editor, and so can background noise - but if there's a constant screech behind a recording, it's good to mention it nevertheless.

Other than that... Have fun! :D

Edit: With great sadness, I had to orphan Ellen and Mommy... :( I hope we can adopt new ones soon.
I'd be happy taking on both parts :D I look forward to listening to this!!

And first action is to declare the Epilogue PL OK! :thumbs: I'll update the MW as soon as I'm signed up for this project in workforce :D
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Thanks for PLing! You're in now - it seems I forgot to click "save". :roll: I need to go to bed...
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

maxgal wrote: September 26th, 2019, 7:18 pm
Availle wrote: September 20th, 2019, 6:41 pm Louise, I have listened to the next two installments of Charlotte - they are PL OK! Well done!

However, both have the wrong bit rate - could you please re-export them with the required 128kb and then upload again? Thanks.

I'm looking forward to hearing more of Charlotte. :D
*&%%$#!
I'll fix it.
Next week looks most likely.
...LJB 8-)
I'm still here!
Life has been dumb. :roll:
I will be back on this project soon, I promise.
...LJB
Louise
"every little breeze..."

Fun Fact: 40% of all statistics are wrong.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Happens to all of us, don't worry. Just remember to check in every now and then so that we know you're still around.

Good luck! :D
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

I can read Mamma for you
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Oh that would be wonderful, thank you!

I'll enter your claim a bit later (edit: DONE!), but you can start being motherly right away. :wink:
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

Availle wrote: October 22nd, 2019, 4:59 pm Happens to all of us, don't worry. Just remember to check in every now and then so that we know you're still around.

Good luck! :D
I am still around, & intended to work on this project on Monday 10/28, but then the Sonoma County fires & power outages happened, & I have been evacuated since Saturday 10/26.
So it will take me a little while longer.
Thanks for understanding...LJB
Louise
"every little breeze..."

Fun Fact: 40% of all statistics are wrong.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

More Mamma files uploaded:

Section 61

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/artist_mamma_61.mp3 (2:27)

Section 62

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/artist_mamma_62.mp3 (2:08)

Fortunately, I'd read this character into Audacity the day before my voice got killed by a respiratory thang. . . so I can pass these to you as I get time to edit them. :)
~Lynette * -
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

So, Mommy's done already! :shock: Impressive!

Just a very quick notice to your filenames: Please don't use the current section numbers - I'll be moving them around as necessary!

In a DR or a play, you should use the number of the finished acts/sections in your filenames, so that the editor knows where they will belong eventually.
What you have uploaded so far should be numbered 01, 05, 06 - see the section numbers all the way down in the final files.

Don't worry about these, I'll rename them on the server and put them into the MW with the correct numbers. But please do watch out for this for the rest of your files. Thank you. :D
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Availle wrote: October 31st, 2019, 5:30 pm So, Mommy's done already! :shock: Impressive!

Just a very quick notice to your filenames: Please don't use the current section numbers - I'll be moving them around as necessary!

In a DR or a play, you should use the number of the finished acts/sections in your filenames, so that the editor knows where they will belong eventually.
What you have uploaded so far should be numbered 01, 05, 06 - see the section numbers all the way down in the final files.

Don't worry about these, I'll rename them on the server and put them into the MW with the correct numbers. But please do watch out for this for the rest of your files. Thank you. :D
Oh! Gotcha! I'll get all these details of DR down as I get more experience in this area - will make sure I put the correct way for the remainder of Mamma's files :
~Lynette * -
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

maxgal wrote: October 31st, 2019, 12:55 pm I am still around, & intended to work on this project on Monday 10/28, but then the Sonoma County fires & power outages happened, & I have been evacuated since Saturday 10/26.
So it will take me a little while longer.
Thanks for understanding...LJB
Oh my goodness! I hope you are safe and can return home soon! Don't worry about recording, you have other priorities now.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Mamma, Oriental Tinting Introduction:

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/artist_mamma_15.mp3 (1:49)

Bahaha!!! She is bossy and controlling and condescending to other cultures. She would drive me *nuts* to have her for my momma. :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Mamma parts uploaded:

07 - Japan Painting Intro
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/artist_mamma_07.mp3 (2:56)

11 - Japan Painting Lesson 4
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/artist_mamma_11.mp3 (1:45)
~Lynette * -