[DR] The Blind Brother by Homer Green - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

silverquill wrote: July 15th, 2019, 8:21 am
cowguy02 wrote: July 15th, 2019, 7:53 am
silverquill wrote: July 14th, 2019, 11:13 pm Hi, guys!
I'll think about this. I was considering the Lawyer, but I can hardly read the words through the heavy brown coloring! And, it one chapter it looks as if there is another character of the same color. So, I may sit this one out or go for a smaller part.
Hi there! Sorry about that. This is my first DR so still getting the hang of things.

I can look for a different color for the lawer. I’m just running out of types of highlights. Maybe I could just do a different text color for him. If you want the role go ahead and claim it. I’ll figure something out.
Yeah, I understand that, and I don't use Google docs that much, so I'm not sure what options are there. I know in word, I color just the text rather than the background, which makes it easier.

What I see in a lot of DRs is just color coding chapter by chapter. That way you have to use only enough colors for the characters who are actually in that chapter. This does mean that the colors vary for each character from chapter to chapter, but as long as the color key is given at the beginning of each chapter it isn't too confusing.

If I could download the document, maybe I could manipulate it on my end.
Sure you can download it. Just click the menu on the far left and then click download as and select word. I can also just send you a copy if you PM me your email. Otherwise I’ll see what I can do with the coloring.
Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

For now, why don't you see what you can do.
I'm tied up right now, and will look at this again in a few days.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

All of toms lines are up in the MW
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Can you switch out my claim to Mother, instead of Sandy? :D
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

elsieselwyn wrote: July 29th, 2019, 2:24 pm Can you switch out my claim to Mother, instead of Sandy? :D
Sure. Done :thumbs:
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

PL Notes for Tom, Chapter 2:

First, I think you forgot to export your audio with a bit rate of 128 kb :wink:

At the beginning, you forgot to give your name credit "Tom read by Luke Castle"

0:51 heard "go up and help him hunt" when text says "an’ go an’ help me hunt him up"

After 1:32, the audio is completely silent and all the lines for Chapter 2 past “Tom—Thomas Taylor, sir,” aren't in the recording. Perhaps you accidentally deleted them?

PL Notes for Tom, Chapter 3:

First, you uploaded a wav file instead of the required mp3 file. Second, the audio is all silence. I think you might have uploaded the wrong audio or your microphone was not on when you were recording and you didn't realize.

P.S.: Also, remember to paste the link to the audio file in the Listen URL section of the Magic Window not the Notes section. I fixed it for your Tom links.
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

elsieselwyn wrote: August 7th, 2019, 7:55 am PL Notes for Tom, Chapter 2:

First, I think you forgot to export your audio with a bit rate of 128 kb :wink:

At the beginning, you forgot to give your name credit "Tom read by Luke Castle"

0:51 heard "go up and help him hunt" when text says "an’ go an’ help me hunt him up"

After 1:32, the audio is completely silent and all the lines for Chapter 2 past “Tom—Thomas Taylor, sir,” aren't in the recording. Perhaps you accidentally deleted them?

PL Notes for Tom, Chapter 3:

First, you uploaded a wav file instead of the required mp3 file. Second, the audio is all silence. I think you might have uploaded the wrong audio or your microphone was not on when you were recording and you didn't realize.

P.S.: Also, remember to paste the link to the audio file in the Listen URL section of the Magic Window not the Notes section. I fixed it for your Tom links.
Thanks for that! I am always putting the links in the wrong spot :(

I’ll get right on those notes
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Hey guys! I'm sorry to have to do this, but I have to relinquish my PL duties for this project since school has started and I am very busy!

Thanks for understanding,

Elsie Selwyn
ej400

Post by ej400 »

I didn't realize my sections were overdue now :shock: I am so sorry about that. Can I please have about a one month extension? It'l probably be sooner than that because I'm planning to record it very soon.

Thank you
Elijah
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

ej400 wrote: September 10th, 2019, 8:10 pm I didn't realize my sections were overdue now :shock: I am so sorry about that. Can I please have about a one month extension? It'l probably be sooner than that because I'm planning to record it very soon.

Thank you
Elijah
Sure.
GilmoreDon

Post by GilmoreDon »

Hello,
If the role of the Lawyer, section 31, is still available, I would like to claim it. If not, I would like to do the District Attorney, section 34.

Thanks,
Don
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

GilmoreDon wrote: September 13th, 2019, 10:45 am Hello,
If the role of the Lawyer, section 31, is still available, I would like to claim it. If not, I would like to do the District Attorney, section 34.

Thanks,
Don
Your in thanks
larryhayes7

Post by larryhayes7 »

I would like to take the role of the Judge
Last edited by larryhayes7 on September 18th, 2019, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Luke, while we look around for a DPL I can PL the sections (of course not my own) until one is found.
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

ej400 wrote: September 18th, 2019, 11:32 am Luke, while we look around for a DPL I can PL the sections (of course not my own) until one is found.
Great thanks! I'll be happy to do yours..