FULL [DR] A Little Girl in Old Boston by Amanda Minnie Douglas -mas

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
KevinS
Posts: 7521
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » June 18th, 2020, 12:17 pm


linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13637
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 19th, 2020, 6:02 am

Thank you, Kevin. :D

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13637
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 25th, 2020, 6:33 am

I finally made my way back here. :oops:

Kevin,
Here are some PL notes for chapter 15. Please tag them on at the end of your recording.

13:25 – you lost your place while reading - Hannah Adams had written some valuable works, and was now braiding straw for a living; and Mrs. Josiah Quincy exerted herself to have so talented a woman placed above indigence. She also endeavored to have Miss Edgeworth's "Moral Tales" republished for young people. Scott was beginning to infuse new life with his wonderful tales, which could safely be put in the hands of younger readers.

15:02 – missing text –
DORIS: "Betty,"
NARRATOR: she said afterward,
DORIS: "will you have a freedom suit when you are twenty-one. And must it be a black gown?"

KevinS
Posts: 7521
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » June 25th, 2020, 7:13 am

linny wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 6:33 am
I finally made my way back here. :oops:

Kevin,
Here are some PL notes for chapter 15. Please tag them on at the end of your recording.

13:25 – you lost your place while reading - Hannah Adams had written some valuable works, and was now braiding straw for a living; and Mrs. Josiah Quincy exerted herself to have so talented a woman placed above indigence. She also endeavored to have Miss Edgeworth's "Moral Tales" republished for young people. Scott was beginning to infuse new life with his wonderful tales, which could safely be put in the hands of younger readers.

15:02 – missing text –
DORIS: "Betty,"
NARRATOR: she said afterward,
DORIS: "will you have a freedom suit when you are twenty-one. And must it be a black gown?"

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_narrator_15_128kb.mp3

I do get often distracted, but ... amazingly ... I always find my way to the dinner table!

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13637
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 25th, 2020, 7:51 am

Dinner is VERY important. :wink:

Chapter 15 is edited and ready for PL. :D

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13637
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 26th, 2020, 7:39 am

I'm catching up. :D

16 is PL OK, edited, and ready for final PL.

KevinS
Posts: 7521
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » June 26th, 2020, 7:53 am

linny wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 7:39 am
I'm catching up. :D

16 is PL OK, edited, and ready for final PL.
Haha! Which means I'm falling behind!
New chapter coming soon, but not immediately.

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13637
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 27th, 2020, 8:21 am

Kevin,
Chapter 18 is PL OK. I'm all caught up. 4 chapters remaining. :D

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13637
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 27th, 2020, 8:22 am

GillH wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 3:40 pm
Chapter 14 PL OK!
Gill,
Chapters 15, 16, and 18 are all ready for you. :D

GillH
Posts: 1121
Joined: July 31st, 2017, 3:59 pm
Location: France

Post by GillH » June 27th, 2020, 2:45 pm

PL for Section 15
6:43 Spoken by Doris but should be Warren: "I have been in a singing class this winter, I like music so much."
31:22 “Is it 500 dollars” said for “it is 500 dollars” (Doris)

Section 16 PL OK!

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13637
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 28th, 2020, 1:09 am

Thank you, Gill. I've sent PMs to EJ and EnNar.

GillH
Posts: 1121
Joined: July 31st, 2017, 3:59 pm
Location: France

Post by GillH » June 28th, 2020, 7:15 am

Pl for Chapter 18:

9:39 “Sloughing” said for “soughing (through the trees)” (Narrator)
11:28 “ago” missing in “that had long ago held a longing” (Narrator) – could be left but it does suggest that she still has the longing.

KevinS
Posts: 7521
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » June 28th, 2020, 3:25 pm

GillH wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 7:15 am
Pl for Chapter 18:

9:39 “Sloughing” said for “soughing (through the trees)” (Narrator)
11:28 “ago” missing in “that had long ago held a longing” (Narrator) – could be left but it does suggest that she still has the longing.
linny, I made these corrections if you'd like to incorporate them. They are at the very end of this recording:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_narrator_18_128kb.mp3

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13637
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 29th, 2020, 6:13 am

Aw, thank you Kevin. I was going to look up the full sentences for you before I asked for the corrections.

I’m scheduled for a dental crown today so I’ll make the edits tomorrow.

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13637
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 29th, 2020, 3:57 pm

GillH wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 7:15 am
Pl for Chapter 18:

9:39 “Sloughing” said for “soughing (through the trees)” (Narrator)
11:28 “ago” missing in “that had long ago held a longing” (Narrator) – could be left but it does suggest that she still has the longing.
Chapter 18 is ready for spot check.

Post Reply