COMPLETE [DR] A Little Girl in Old Boston by Amanda Minnie Douglas -mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Thanks!
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Hey Elsie,
I'm not trying to rush you or anything, but I'm just wondering if those two Warren sections are PL OK?
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

ej400 wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 8:53 am Hey Elsie,
I'm not trying to rush you or anything, but I'm just wondering if those two Warren sections are PL OK?
Hey Elijiah! I'm PLing right now so I'll let you know in a second :)
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Warren Leverett Sections 4 and 15 PL OK :thumbs:
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

I have orphaned the part of Betty Leverett. Chapters 7-11 and 13 for Doris are all PL OK :thumbs:

PL Notes for Chapter 12 Doris:

4:30 heard "it is very hard to write verses?", text says "is it very hard to write verses?"
7:52 missed line "But you have so many books and things, and people coming, and—I should like to stay. Oh, I do like you so."
ej400

Post by ej400 »

elsieselwyn wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 5:02 pm Warren Leverett Sections 4 and 15 PL OK :thumbs:
Thank you! :D
Hilgie

Post by Hilgie »

The chapters for Mr. Leverett have been uploaded. Thanks for the opportunity.
erieston

Post by erieston »

I'd be up for taking on Betty Leverett's parts! Just to make sure I record everything right (This is my first DR, and I couldn't be more excited) - I only record my lines with pauses in between, correct? And each chapter is a separate upload? I want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row so I don't mess up :lol:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

erieston wrote: October 10th, 2019, 10:49 am I'd be up for taking on Betty Leverett's parts! Just to make sure I record everything right (This is my first DR, and I couldn't be more excited) - I only record my lines with pauses in between, correct? And each chapter is a separate upload? I want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row so I don't mess up :lol:
elsie is very busy with school, I think, and I don't think she will mind if I answer you.

You have it all down pat, I think. Do make it a good pause between a line or group of lines. I do five seconds, but maybe that's too long. Maybe three?

Should you have any questions, I will try to help, and elsie will drop in soon, I know. She's the expert!
erieston

Post by erieston »

KevinS wrote: October 10th, 2019, 10:58 am
erieston wrote: October 10th, 2019, 10:49 am I'd be up for taking on Betty Leverett's parts! Just to make sure I record everything right (This is my first DR, and I couldn't be more excited) - I only record my lines with pauses in between, correct? And each chapter is a separate upload? I want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row so I don't mess up :lol:
elsie is very busy with school, I think, and I don't think she will mind if I answer you.

You have it all down pat, I think. Do make it a good pause between a line or group of lines. I do five seconds, but maybe that's too long. Maybe three?

Should you have any questions, I will try to help, and elsie will drop in soon, I know. She's the expert!
Thank you, Kevin! I'll see how 5 seconds sound and if it sounds too long I'll cut to 3. :)
Pinklady77

Post by Pinklady77 »

I'm not sure if this is a double post because I thought I posted these parts already so I apologize if it is a double.

Girl duration 0:37
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_girl_15_128kb.mp3

Miss Winslow duration 0:18
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_misswinslow_18_128ikb.mp3
Mrs. Hollis ch 8 duration 0:40
ch 13 duration 0:21
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_mrshollis_08_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_mrshollis_13_128kb.mp3
Lola
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Hilgie wrote: October 8th, 2019, 1:00 am The chapters for Mr. Leverett have been uploaded. Thanks for the opportunity.
Hey Hilgie! Can you post the links to Mr. Leverett that you uploaded? We cannot find them unless you upload the links to them.
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Hey PinkLady!

Thank you for the links - I have posted them in the MW.
erieston

Post by erieston »