COMPLETE [DR] A Little Girl in Old Boston by Amanda Minnie Douglas -mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Rhodygirl62

Post by Rhodygirl62 »

linny wrote: February 21st, 2020, 9:12 am
Rhodygirl62 wrote: February 20th, 2020, 2:24 pm Here are Chapters 16-21.

Note, in Chapter 21, within the line "Betty has a lot of morning glories out there..." the scripts reads, "nodding her head." I took that to be stage instructions and omitted it from the dialogue. Let me know if you think this was the correct thing to do. :D
Thank you for the note. I added it for Kevin our narrator to pick up.

Aunt Priscilla is PL OK! I love the voice you picked for her. You did a great job. Thank you. :D
Awww, thank you. It was fun. Glad to be able to put that accent to good use again.
linny

Post by linny »

KevinS wrote: February 21st, 2020, 1:07 pm Chapter 8

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_narrator_08_128kb.mp3

I wonder if they had cranberry sauce?
Is it possible to have Thanksgiving without cranberry sauce? I don't think so. :mrgreen:

These certainly are long chapters. Thank you again for being our narrator!

12:58 word change - There was a savory fragrance of turkey, sauces, and vegetables, and the table seemed literally piled up with good things.
I hear sausages …which sounds better to me than sauces but I suppose there must be sauces for Thanksgiving. I sure hope one of them tastes like gravy.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Ch. 8 fix.

Yes, I said 'sauces!' (Wishful thinking? I don't know...)

linny

Post by linny »

KevinS wrote: February 21st, 2020, 1:58 pm Ch. 8 fix.

Yes, I said 'sauces!' (Wishful thinking? I don't know...)

Spot check PL OK. Thank you. :D
linny

Post by linny »

Two more chapters edited and ready for PL. That makes 4 ready for PL and 4 ready to edit. It's a start! :mrgreen:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

linny wrote: February 21st, 2020, 2:59 pm Two more chapters edited and ready for PL. That makes 4 ready for PL and 4 ready to edit. It's a start! :mrgreen:
I'll try to get Ch. 9 done pronto and then take a short break to catch up on some other projects. Give me a shove as soon as you need more.
linny

Post by linny »

KevinS wrote: February 21st, 2020, 3:03 pm I'll try to get Ch. 9 done pronto and then take a short break to catch up on some other projects. Give me a shove as soon as you need more.
Thanks, I'll give a shout when I start editing the last available chapter. I have enough here to keep me busy for at least a week. I also have an ~3hr play to edit this weekend. :roll:
ZMPatrick

Post by ZMPatrick »

Hello,

I just came over from doing my first collaborative work. Having that done, I wanted to try getting into some of these dramatic readings. Not really sure how it works differently from those, but if you have a spot that you think I could fit then I'd love to help out. Otherwise, no biggie. It's been hard for me to figure out what's taken and what's needed with the dramatic readings.

Specifically, I don't know if that Henri de la Maur part has just gone unclaimed, or if it's waiting for someone who voiced the character everywhere else and just hasn't gotten to those lines. The only think I saw in this thread on the character was that it seems like the part was missed at first.

Whatever the case is, let me know. Thanks.
Last edited by ZMPatrick on March 15th, 2020, 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you like videogames, because we do:
https://www.youtube.com/c/ZoinkMeister
linny

Post by linny »

ZMPatrick wrote: March 1st, 2020, 10:18 pm Hello,

I just came over from doing my first collaborative work. Having that done, I wanted to try getting into some of these dramatic readings. Not really sure how it works differently from those, but if you have a spot that you think I could fit then I'd love to help out. Otherwise, no biggie. It's been hard for me to figure out what's taken and what's needed with the dramatic readings.

Specifically, I don't know if that Henri de la Maur part has just gone unclaimed, or if it's waiting for someone who voiced the character everywhere else and just hasn't gotten to those lines. The only think I saw in this thread on the character was that it seems like the part was missed at first.

Hello! Welcome to dramatics. That character is indeed looking for a reader. If there was someone working on it their screen name would be there and it would show as assigned, e.g. Miss Recompense.

The thing to remember with dramatics is to start your recording with your voice credit: (role) read by (voice credit). The other thing to remember is to leave 3-5 seconds between each of your lines where edits are needed. Even if the other line is as minor as "he said".

So, sound like you want to give acting a try?
ZMPatrick

Post by ZMPatrick »

linny wrote: March 2nd, 2020, 7:19 am
ZMPatrick wrote: March 1st, 2020, 10:18 pm Hello,

Hello! Welcome to dramatics. That character is indeed looking for a reader. If there was someone working on it their screen name would be there and it would show as assigned, e.g. Miss Recompense.

The thing to remember with dramatics is to start your recording with your voice credit: (role) read by (voice credit). The other thing to remember is to leave 3-5 seconds between each of your lines where edits are needed. Even if the other line is as minor as "he said".

So, sound like you want to give acting a try?
Ok, I'm game. I'd like the part of "Henri de la Maur," please. Section: 1
Last edited by ZMPatrick on March 15th, 2020, 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you like videogames, because we do:
https://www.youtube.com/c/ZoinkMeister
linny

Post by linny »

ZMPatrick wrote: March 2nd, 2020, 10:43 pm Ok, I'm game. I'd like the part of "Henri de la Maur," please. Section: 1
Great! I hope you enjoy your part. :thumbs:
GillH

Post by GillH »

Hi. I'd like to offer to DPL, if you're still looking?
linny

Post by linny »

GillH wrote: March 4th, 2020, 2:05 pm Hi. I'd like to offer to DPL, if you're still looking?
I am! That would be wonderful. There are only 4 chapters edited at this time but 4 more are ready to edit. I should have those for you beginning this weekend.
linny

Post by linny »

MaryAnn,
When you have a moment please release the sticky from our listeners wanted ad. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=78311

Thank you!