Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

-Jenn B.
My Recordings
linny

Post by linny »

Jenn,
You did a wonderful job with Betty! :9: I'm getting excited about starting the editing.

A few minor corrections in three chapters.

Chapter 9
1:25 - Missing line – bottom of page 17 - BETTY LEVERETT: "Oh, if 'Lecty was ill—but you know, Aunt Priscilla, they keep a man beside the girl, and it seems to me she is always having a nurse when the children are ailing, or a woman in to sew, or some extra help. She doesn't need Betty, and it seems as if I did."

Chapter13
2:45 word cut off – Oh the frock

Chapter20
2:35 word change - "Poor father! He did not suppose we would have such hard times. If the war would only end. You see,"
I hear sing
LydiaCW

Post by LydiaCW »

Could I claim Miss Recompense, please?
Lydia

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomine tuo da glorium!
linny

Post by linny »

LydiaCW wrote: February 17th, 2020, 10:44 am Could I claim Miss Recompense, please?
Welcome back to LV!

Thank you for the claim. :D

Please remember to leave ~5 seconds of space between you character lines.
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

linny wrote: February 17th, 2020, 9:51 am Jenn,
You did a wonderful job with Betty! :9: I'm getting excited about starting the editing.

A few minor corrections in three chapters.

Chapter 9
1:25 - Missing line – bottom of page 17 - BETTY LEVERETT: "Oh, if 'Lecty was ill—but you know, Aunt Priscilla, they keep a man beside the girl, and it seems to me she is always having a nurse when the children are ailing, or a woman in to sew, or some extra help. She doesn't need Betty, and it seems as if I did."
Hi Linny,
Thank you! I’ve had a lot of fun with her part and can’t wait to hear it all put together!

This was one of the lines I wasn’t sure belonged to Betty. Do you want me to record it anyway?
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
linny

Post by linny »

I’m sorry, Jenn. No, that one belongs to Mrs. Leverett
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

linny wrote: February 17th, 2020, 4:07 pm I’m sorry, Jenn. No, that one belongs to Mrs. Leverett
No problem!

Here are Chapters 13 and 20 with the corrections:

13:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_bettyleverett_13_128kb.mp3

20:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_bettyleverett_20_128kb.mp3
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you for the quick corrections! Betty is PL OK! :clap: :clap:
linny

Post by linny »

There are three chapters ready to edit. Once I have them up I will post an ad for PL.
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, Kevin. A few corrections needed for this one.

0:16 – Missing text – Chapter 6, A Birthday Party.

2:34 – word change - Mrs. Morse had finished her sewing and folded it, quilting her needle back and forth, putting her thimble and spool of cotton inside and slipping it in her work bag. Then she rose and wrapped her shawl about her and tied on her hood.
I hear spoon

9:21 – word change - Aunt Priscilla came over and had her cup of tea so she could get back before dark. She was still afraid of the damp night air. Aunt Priscilla had a trunk full of pretty things she had worn in her early married life. If she, Betty, could be allowed to "rummage" through it!
I hear plenty
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

linny, I'm being told on my Reader's Board (or whatever it is called) that I have corrections to make for this project. (Chapter/Section 4? and not my most recent. Thank you for those corrections.) Would you mind checking on this? I think I'm caught up.

Also, which chapter shall I do next?
linny

Post by linny »

KevinS wrote: February 19th, 2020, 9:59 am linny, I'm being told on my Reader's Board (or whatever it is called) that I have corrections to make for this project. (Chapter/Section 4? and not my most recent. Thank you for those corrections.) Would you mind checking on this? I think I'm caught up.

Also, which chapter shall I do next?
Kevin,
On the Reader Section Details in your catalog page you will see Section 6 listed as ready for PL. This is the chapter I just edited and it's waiting for a final chapter PL. All of your narrator chapters are contained in section 4. It is listed as See PL notes. If you look at the section you will see that corrections are needed for chapters 1 and 6.

I'm not a fan for the MW setup for the project but it was too much to change when I took over.
linny wrote: February 15th, 2020, 9:45 am
KevinS wrote: February 13th, 2020, 11:48 am Chapter 1 Narrator

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_narrator_001_128kb.mp3
Hello Kevin,
Sorry for the delayed PL. I'm not sure where yesterday went. :roll:

Really good job on chapter 1. There are a couple of editing errors and then a problem I created. :oops:

0:18 missing text (This one is my fault. I forgot to remind you.) - cast list. narrated by [your voice credit]. Additional parts read by:.

3:34 repeat - Priscilla would have enjoyed a little foolish love-making, and she had a carnal hankering for fine gowns; and, oh, how she did long to dance in her youth, when she was slim and light-footed!

9:04 repeat - The Lincolnshire ladies were too old to have the care and rearing of a child, so Mr. Winthrop Adams had sent by Captain Grier to bring over the little girl.
linny wrote: February 19th, 2020, 9:57 am
Thank you, Kevin. A few corrections needed for this one.

0:16 – Missing text – Chapter 6, A Birthday Party.

2:34 – word change - Mrs. Morse had finished her sewing and folded it, quilting her needle back and forth, putting her thimble and spool of cotton inside and slipping it in her work bag. Then she rose and wrapped her shawl about her and tied on her hood.
I hear spoon

9:21 – word change - Aunt Priscilla came over and had her cup of tea so she could get back before dark. She was still afraid of the damp night air. Aunt Priscilla had a trunk full of pretty things she had worn in her early married life. If she, Betty, could be allowed to "rummage" through it!
I hear plenty
Last edited by linny on February 20th, 2020, 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
linny

Post by linny »

KevinS wrote: February 19th, 2020, 9:59 am Also, which chapter shall I do next?
When you have the time, chapter 7 would be most useful.