OPEN [DR] A Little Girl in Old Boston by Amanda Minnie Douglas -mas

Plays and other dramatic works
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn » September 8th, 2019, 6:07 pm

Hilgie wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 5:04 pm
I would like to perform Section 8 for this project. Thank you.
Jim
All yours! I don't know if you've done a dramatic reading part before, but you don't have to put a disclaimer at the beginning of your recording. Please instead say "[role name] read by [your name]" and then read your lines. Please leave a space of about 3 seconds between each line so that I can more easily edit the lines together. Please upload the lines for each chapter in a separate file and name them accordingly (littlegirl_missrecompense_#_128kb.mp3) #=chapter number.
Last edited by elsieselwyn on September 8th, 2019, 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn » September 8th, 2019, 6:24 pm

ArthurNascimento wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 5:49 pm
I would like to perform as Priscilla's Father (section 13)
Hello! Welcome to Librivox! First things first:

In order to put your claim officially in the system, I have to put in a name for you to be credited by in the catalog. Do you want to be known by forum username, real name, or a pseudonym?

You'll need to do the 1-minute test before recording the parts you requested. Or, as an alternate, you can use the first 30 seconds or so of this recording as your test. However, I would recommend not to record the whole thing until you’ve gotten the OK on your test recording - that way, if there's something drastically wrong with your setup that requires you to re-do the whole recording, you won't have wasted your time.

Here’s the article explaining the 1 minute test: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

And another article explaining recording in general for new readers: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

Since you claimed a dramatic part, the recording process is a little different than a section for a normal group project. You don’t have to say the LibriVox disclaimer. Instead begin your recording with “Role name read by your name”. Then read each line. Please leave a space of ~3 seconds between each line so that I can more easily edit the final chapter together. Please upload the lines for each chapter in a separate file and name them accordingly (littlegirl_missrecompense_#_128kb.mp3) #=chapter number.

In the meantime, I’ll save the parts for you for a month (since you’re a newbie and they sometimes disappear)! Don’t hesitate to ask if you still have questions! :D

ArthurNascimento

Post by ArthurNascimento » September 9th, 2019, 1:30 pm

elsieselwyn wrote:
September 8th, 2019, 6:24 pm
Hello! Welcome to Librivox!
Thank you.
elsieselwyn wrote:
September 8th, 2019, 6:24 pm
In order to put your claim officially in the system, I have to put in a name for you to be credited by in the catalog. Do you want to be known by forum username, real name, or a pseudonym?
I'd like to be credited as Arthur Nascimento.
I shall do as requested.

Denisette

Post by Denisette » September 11th, 2019, 1:00 pm

Hi Elsie,
May I read/perform Polly, number 12?
Best,
Ulrike
We read to know we are not alone. - C.S. Lewis

ArthurNascimento

Post by ArthurNascimento » September 13th, 2019, 4:14 am

My test has been approved and I shall be sending my part shortly. Very much excited.

ArthurNascimento

Post by ArthurNascimento » September 13th, 2019, 5:11 pm

And... Here is the first one ever. I'll confess I'm not sure everything lines up so if there is anything I need to fix, tell me.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/littlegirl_[priscillasfather]_[9]_128kb.mp3