Zeus the Tragedian (Drama)

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » June 21st, 2019, 11:45 am

Foon wrote:
June 21st, 2019, 7:22 am
Here is the Second Swiss!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/pourceaugnac_secondswiss_3_128kb.mp3
:lol: that accent !!! hilarious ! It reminds me a bit of Ritter Hugo which I assembled this morning ;) Excellently done, Foon, thank you. PL ok naturally.

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » June 22nd, 2019, 3:43 am

well characterized, Leanne...Eraste is a bit glib and patronizing in the first act :lol: and it's so mean the tricks they start playing on poor Poureaugnac. The scene where he enumerates all his relations will be extremely hilarious. :mrgreen:

I have only one major note, concerning the use of the titles "Mr" and "Mrs". (see first post Warning in bold letters)

Act 1:

> at 0:01: for the voice credit, please always include the full description, which you can see in the MW: "Éraste, lover to Julia"

> at 2:19: "Mr. de Pourceaugnac" - Todd actually wanted it read as French "Monsieur" throughout the play, not "Mister"

> at 4:02: "your aunt; Mrs…." - same here for "Madame"

> at 5:35: "Mr. de Pourceaugnac" - again: "Monsieur"

> the volume is very low at only 83 dB, maybe you could also amplify by 6

Act 3:

> at 2:54: "and fetch in those masks whom the report of Mr. de Pourceaugnac's wedding has attracted hither" - also here: "Monsieur"

> the volume is only 82.4 here, maybe also amplify by 6 here

thanks

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » June 22nd, 2019, 1:06 pm

thank you, Leanne, nicely corrected and both PL ok now. Though the volume in Act 1 is still under 83... no need to reupload, I'll make a note for Todd in the MW.

Have a nice weekend !!!

Sonia

NemoR

Post by NemoR » June 25th, 2019, 7:04 pm

Nemo

"I find I cannot exist without Poetry—without eternal Poetry—half the day will not do—the whole of it—I began with a little, but habit has made me a Leviathan."

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » June 26th, 2019, 2:52 am

NemoR wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 7:04 pm
First man singer and First Swiss for PL:
the scene with the two Swiss will be impossible to listen to without rolling on the floor laughing :lol: you're doing a great job on the exaggerated accent, Nemo.

And I like the song, even though it's spoken, you still conveyed a sort of rhythm into it. :thumbs:

Both are PL ok. Thanks so much !!!

Sonia

bluechien

Post by bluechien » June 26th, 2019, 2:39 pm

Eva D
siamo contenti? ... ho fatto questa caricatura ... - Nietzsche

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW » June 26th, 2019, 6:16 pm

Thank you.

Todd

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » June 27th, 2019, 2:07 am

bluechien wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 2:39 pm
soooooooooooooooooooooo fun. :D
:shock: well I already thought that I did a feat in reading my lines in dialect, but this performance tops it by miles. :clap: Wow, did you really understand all that you said there ? :lol: Some things became clearer to me with the way you were pronouncing the sentences, but some still remain a mystery. But that makes the charm of it and I wouldn't want to change a thing. An absolutely top-notch performance, Eva. :thumbs: I think our quarrel over the hubby will be hilarious. Can't wait to listen to this part assembled. :mrgreen: Totally PL ok.

The physician was .... well how shall I say... full of dripping vitriol and sarcasm :lol: I love the way Molière makes fun of them. Here I have two small notes though:

> at 2:16: “Yield not yourself a prey” – you say “yourself not”. I wouldn’t have mentioned it but for the fact that this is spoken in chorus, so it would sound off if they don’t say the same thing (unless Todd turns the words around as well)

> at 3:05: “take it sir” etc…this is repeated here in very low tones. Did you forget to cut this version out or did you prefer to use this one and simply forgot to amplify ? :hmm: You could cut out one version unless you want Todd to choose.

Thanks, Eva, for this wonderful contribution.

Sonia

ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran » June 27th, 2019, 1:19 pm

Can I have Lawyer 2?

(It's not exactly a Notary, but close enough --- and it rhymes! -- something that's been lacking in our other Moliere recording....)
Truth,
James
---------------------
"A Day Well Spent" - (origin of "Hello Dolly", in One Act 11)

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » June 27th, 2019, 11:57 pm

ZamesCurran wrote:
June 27th, 2019, 1:19 pm
Can I have Lawyer 2?
(It's not exactly a Notary, but close enough
8-) happy to see you are still faithful to your role pattern, James ! Lawyer 2 it will be. Thanks !

Sonia

bluechien

Post by bluechien » June 28th, 2019, 8:44 am

Kitty wrote:
June 27th, 2019, 2:07 am
bluechien wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 2:39 pm
soooooooooooooooooooooo fun. :D
:shock: well I already thought that I did a feat in reading my lines in dialect, but this performance tops it by miles. :clap: Wow, did you really understand all that you said there ? :lol: Some things became clearer to me with the way you were pronouncing the sentences, but some still remain a mystery. But that makes the charm of it and I wouldn't want to change a thing. An absolutely top-notch performance, Eva. :thumbs: I think our quarrel over the hubby will be hilarious. Can't wait to listen to this part assembled. :mrgreen: Totally PL ok.
Thank you, Sonia! I really can't wait to hear this assembled ... I'm so afraid we'll never get to do something so absurd again! The court must have been dying when they staged this.
Here I have two small notes though:

> at 2:16: “Yield not yourself a prey” – you say “yourself not”. I wouldn’t have mentioned it but for the fact that this is spoken in chorus, so it would sound off if they don’t say the same thing (unless Todd turns the words around as well)
Thanks, I'll fix this ...
> at 3:05: “take it sir” etc…this is repeated here in very low tones. Did you forget to cut this version out or did you prefer to use this one and simply forgot to amplify ? :hmm: You could cut out one version unless you want Todd to choose.
What I was thinking is, the scene kind of ad-libs to an end here and then tapers out as the characters run off ... so I wanted to give Todd some foreground dialogue but also a little bit of background dialogue (recorded away from the mic) if he wanted to use it that way toward the very end of that scene. If this is too messy I can cut it off, add more foreground dialogue or do nothing. :D
Eva D
siamo contenti? ... ho fatto questa caricatura ... - Nietzsche

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » June 28th, 2019, 9:46 am

bluechien wrote:
June 28th, 2019, 8:44 am
I'm so afraid we'll never get to do something so absurd again! The court must have been dying when they staged this.
:lol: well you never know, there's still lots of Molière to come ;)
What I was thinking is, the scene kind of ad-libs to an end here and then tapers out as the characters run off ... so I wanted to give Todd some foreground dialogue but also a little bit of background dialogue (recorded away from the mic) if he wanted to use it that way toward the very end of that scene. If this is too messy I can cut it off, add more foreground dialogue or do nothing. :D
ok there was a reason for it. I simply thought it was an oversight of some sort, a first try you didn't cut. No, you can leave it in and let Todd decide if you wish. I think it is a bit too soft for my taste, but he's the editor-in-chief, rumour has it he'll have the final word on this. :mrgreen:

Have a nice weekend

Sonia