[FULL] [Dialogue] Zeus the Tragedian, by Lucian-mas

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
linny
Posts: 12090
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » February 2nd, 2020, 10:20 am

MaryAnn,
I can do the part PL and editing, if you would like.

BTW: Timokles has 28 lines and begins on page 196. https://archive.org/details/dialoguesnamelyd00luci/page/196/mode/2up

linny
Posts: 12090
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » February 2nd, 2020, 2:52 pm

MaryAnn,
I had the afternoon free so I did some work here. If you had already lined someone up to help out feel free to toss this out.

I believe the final is going to need to be two parts. The draft is at 73 minutes. https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/zeusthetragedian_00_lucian_128kb.mp3 If so, another intro/ending will be needed. Do you prefer the split to be even in time? If story based instead of time based a good place could be the top of p.196 with a scene change.

Aphrodite and Kolossus are both PL OK.

PL notes for Momus:
Adam,
Missing words – And, besides, you have this long while been this long while been quite legally capable of speaking; for you have long ago emerged from the state of minorship, and have been inscribed on the register of the Twelve, and are not so far from having been a member of the Council in the time of Kronos himself.

I edited prior to PLing for you so I don't have a timestamp for you. Please just add it to the end of your file.

PL notes for Narrator:
Todd,
Missing words - Which all-important controversy he had changed to overhear when present, on the day proceeding, at a sacrificial feast given to the Gods at Athens.

Zeus mentions that it was the day before so I don't know that this pickup is really necessary. I'll leave it up to you and MaryAnn.

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9742
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » February 2nd, 2020, 6:18 pm

Narration fixed and uploaded.

Thanks, Todd

JtotheP716
Posts: 57
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 12:53 am
Location: United States
Contact:

Post by JtotheP716 » February 2nd, 2020, 7:56 pm

I can take Timokles.

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15449
Joined: February 23rd, 2009, 4:37 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » February 2nd, 2020, 9:08 pm

Thank you Todd,

Thank you Linny - I appreciate you stepping in to edit. Please break the sections wherever you want. I'll give you MW access.

Jenn, Thank you for taking our final role! We are now full and nearly finished!

Maryann

linny
Posts: 12090
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » February 3rd, 2020, 7:05 am

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 9:08 pm
Thank you Linny - I appreciate you stepping in to edit. Please break the sections wherever you want. I'll give you MW access.
MaryAnn,
I don't have MW access yet.

linny
Posts: 12090
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » February 3rd, 2020, 7:09 am

ToddHW wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 6:18 pm
Narration fixed and uploaded.

Thanks, Todd
I realize I'm being a pest but may I get the following? A supplemental file would be perfect.

Zeus the Tragedian by Lucian, part 1. Translated by Howard Williams (1837 - 1931) This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.

End of Zeus the Tragedian, part 1.

Zeus the Tragedian by Lucian, part 2. Translated by Howard Williams (1837 - 1931) This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.

End of Zeus the Tragedian, part 2. End of Zeus the Tragedian. Translated by Howard Williams.

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9742
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » February 3rd, 2020, 1:53 pm

linny wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 7:09 am
ToddHW wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 6:18 pm
Narration fixed and uploaded.

Thanks, Todd
I realize I'm being a pest but may I get the following? A supplemental file would be perfect.

Zeus the Tragedian by Lucian, part 1. Translated by Howard Williams (1837 - 1931) This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.

End of Zeus the Tragedian, part 1.

Zeus the Tragedian by Lucian, part 2. Translated by Howard Williams (1837 - 1931) This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.

End of Zeus the Tragedian, part 2. End of Zeus the Tragedian. Translated by Howard Williams.
Here you go.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/zeus_part1-part2-narration_128kb.mp3

Thanks, Todd

JtotheP716
Posts: 57
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 12:53 am
Location: United States
Contact:

Post by JtotheP716 » February 4th, 2020, 10:06 am

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/zeusthetragedian_Timokles_128kbps.mp3 06:38

Dude, I do a lot of shouting in your projects. I tried to get it with as little distortion as possible. Let me know if you need it redone.

linny
Posts: 12090
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » February 4th, 2020, 11:19 am

Thank you, Todd. Narrator is PL OK.

linny
Posts: 12090
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » February 4th, 2020, 11:19 am

JtotheP716 wrote:
February 4th, 2020, 10:06 am
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/zeusthetragedian_Timokles_128kbps.mp3 06:38

Dude, I do a lot of shouting in your projects. I tried to get it with as little distortion as possible. Let me know if you need it redone.
Jenn,
Great work on Timokles. PL ok.

linny
Posts: 12090
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » February 4th, 2020, 11:21 am

Part 2 is ready for PL: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/zeusthetragedian_02_lucian_128kb.mp3 22:57

I PMed Adam to ensure he knew about the PL note for his part.

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15449
Joined: February 23rd, 2009, 4:37 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » February 4th, 2020, 4:54 pm

linny wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 7:05 am
MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 9:08 pm
Thank you Linny - I appreciate you stepping in to edit. Please break the sections wherever you want. I'll give you MW access.
MaryAnn,
I don't have MW access yet.
Oops, that's me being scattered. Sorry about that. Should work now.
MaryAnn

linny
Posts: 12090
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » February 4th, 2020, 6:14 pm

Thank you. :D

MW updated.

linny
Posts: 12090
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » February 6th, 2020, 7:12 pm

Received missing line from Adam via PM.

Part 1 is ready for PL: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/zeusthetragedian_01_lucian_128kb.mp3 55:27

I'll send a PM sent to Lucas in case he hasn't been following the thread.

Post Reply