[COMPLETE] Courage by Ruth Ogden (Dramatic Reading) - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
ej400
Posts: 2728
Joined: September 24th, 2014, 10:26 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by ej400 » July 29th, 2019, 11:41 am

Chapter 1 PL notes:

I thought I'd note where the missing narrator lines are, as there are no other PL notes:

@ 6:49 Missing narrator lines "—proud to have remembered the proper word and evidently comprehending that the rite was a binding one."

@ 7:39 Missing narrator lines "and although she did not in the least understand it, Baby felt somehow that that was a beautiful reason, and as her father lifted her up in his arms, gave him a tight little hug and was perfectly satisfied." Gutenberg forgot the quotation marks for the father to stop speaking, and the narrator to continue.

Otherwise, this chapter was really nicely done!

ej400
Posts: 2728
Joined: September 24th, 2014, 10:26 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by ej400 » July 29th, 2019, 3:05 pm

PL notes for Chapter 2:

Just that there are like 8 seconds at the end of the recording. Can you please remove 3 seconds at the end and then it will be PL OK?

Nice work on all the editing so far!

ej400
Posts: 2728
Joined: September 24th, 2014, 10:26 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by ej400 » August 19th, 2019, 8:03 am

Chapter 3 is PL OK! There were a couple times where there wasn't much silence after the narrator spoke, and then Larry's lines were next. It's alright though, you did such an awesome job on the editing!

bhavya
Posts: 1028
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: St Andrews

Post by bhavya » August 29th, 2019, 10:20 pm

ej400 wrote:
July 29th, 2019, 3:05 pm
PL notes for Chapter 2:

Just that there are like 8 seconds at the end of the recording. Can you please remove 3 seconds at the end and then it will be PL OK?

Nice work on all the editing so far!
Thank you Elijah! Will do.

bhavya
Posts: 1028
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: St Andrews

Post by bhavya » August 29th, 2019, 10:23 pm

ej400 wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 8:03 am
Chapter 3 is PL OK! There were a couple times where there wasn't much silence after the narrator spoke, and then Larry's lines were next. It's alright though, you did such an awesome job on the editing!
Thank you so much!

bhavya
Posts: 1028
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: St Andrews

Post by bhavya » August 29th, 2019, 10:24 pm

Elijah,
You've marked chapter 4 as PL OK; is it?

ej400
Posts: 2728
Joined: September 24th, 2014, 10:26 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by ej400 » August 30th, 2019, 9:13 am

bhavya wrote:
August 29th, 2019, 10:24 pm
Elijah,
You've marked chapter 4 as PL OK; is it?
Whoops, I must have marked it PL OK instead of Chapter 3.

bhavya
Posts: 1028
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: St Andrews

Post by bhavya » August 31st, 2019, 4:55 am

ej400 wrote:
August 30th, 2019, 9:13 am
bhavya wrote:
August 29th, 2019, 10:24 pm
Elijah,
You've marked chapter 4 as PL OK; is it?
Whoops, I must have marked it PL OK instead of Chapter 3.
Thats okay

silverquill
Posts: 12862
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » October 5th, 2019, 8:24 pm

If you need some editing help, I'd be glad to lend a hand.

If I'm reading the MW right, Chapter 5 is the next one Ready to Edit.
Let me know for sure, and I'll put it on my roster. :)

~Larry
~Larry


Celebrating 7 years with LibriVox today

bhavya
Posts: 1028
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: St Andrews

Post by bhavya » October 6th, 2019, 7:26 am

silverquill wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 8:24 pm
If you need some editing help, I'd be glad to lend a hand.

If I'm reading the MW right, Chapter 5 is the next one Ready to Edit.
Let me know for sure, and I'll put it on my roster. :)

~Larry
Thank you Larry! You can edit ch5.

silverquill
Posts: 12862
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » October 7th, 2019, 10:32 pm

bhavya wrote:
October 6th, 2019, 7:26 am
silverquill wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 8:24 pm
If you need some editing help, I'd be glad to lend a hand.

If I'm reading the MW right, Chapter 5 is the next one Ready to Edit.
Let me know for sure, and I'll put it on my roster. :)

~Larry
Thank you Larry! You can edit ch5.
Uh, started to download the files, but now it looks as if Chapter 5 is now listed as Ready for PL.
Should I do Chapter 6? I just don't want us to be duplicating efforts. Maybe putting a note in the MW to show who is editing what would help.
~Larry


Celebrating 7 years with LibriVox today

bhavya
Posts: 1028
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: St Andrews

Post by bhavya » October 8th, 2019, 9:27 am

silverquill wrote:
October 7th, 2019, 10:32 pm
bhavya wrote:
October 6th, 2019, 7:26 am
silverquill wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 8:24 pm
If you need some editing help, I'd be glad to lend a hand.

If I'm reading the MW right, Chapter 5 is the next one Ready to Edit.
Let me know for sure, and I'll put it on my roster. :)

~Larry
Thank you Larry! You can edit ch5.
Uh, started to download the files, but now it looks as if Chapter 5 is now listed as Ready for PL.
Should I do Chapter 6? I just don't want us to be duplicating efforts. Maybe putting a note in the MW to show who is editing what would help.
My mistake, you can edit 6. I have added you as the editor for that now. Do you want to edit any of the other chapters as well?

silverquill
Posts: 12862
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » October 8th, 2019, 10:28 pm

bhavya wrote:
October 8th, 2019, 9:27 am

My mistake, you can edit 6. I have added you as the editor for that now. Do you want to edit any of the other chapters as well?
I'll get started on it.
I'd like to get this one done, and then I think I can take on some more.

What is the file format for completed chapters?

More confusion? Ms Julia is listed as being in Chapter 6, but I don't see a file for that. And, I don't see a Chapter 6 file for David.
~Larry


Celebrating 7 years with LibriVox today

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13291
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » October 9th, 2019, 7:36 am

I can take chapter 7. Anything I need to know about the DP?

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13291
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » October 9th, 2019, 8:00 am

linny wrote:
October 9th, 2019, 7:36 am
I can take chapter 7. Anything I need to know about the DP?
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/courage_07_ogden_128kb.mp3 8:33

Let me know if you need any changes. MW looks like you are all set on editing. Let me know if that changes.

Post Reply