[COMPLETE] Courage by Ruth Ogden (Dramatic Reading) - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
ej400
Posts: 2728
Joined: September 24th, 2014, 10:26 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by ej400 » June 7th, 2019, 10:41 am

bhavya wrote:
June 7th, 2019, 10:31 am
JayKay wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 4:23 pm
Hi Bhavya - any sections for a 13yr old girl or 12yr old boy?
Thanks
JK
Sorry :( , they've been filled in, but, since I am not looking for gender matched roles anymore; feel free to multiple open sections, as long as the characters do not appear in the same chapters

Bhavya :D
JayKay wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 4:23 pm
Hi Bhavya - any sections for a 13yr old girl or 12yr old boy?
Thanks
JK
Well, Larry's cabin boy Dick, might work for a 12 year old boy. From DPLing this, I imagine Dick to be about 12

Anitazz
Posts: 216
Joined: June 11th, 2019, 7:51 am

Post by Anitazz » June 22nd, 2019, 9:13 am

Hi! I'd like to claim section 8/Mrs. Everett... I haven't done a dramatic reading. Is there a preferred pause length between lines?

Anita

bhavya
Posts: 1029
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: St Andrews

Post by bhavya » June 23rd, 2019, 1:24 am

Anitazz wrote:
June 22nd, 2019, 9:13 am
Hi! I'd like to claim section 8/Mrs. Everett... I haven't done a dramatic reading. Is there a preferred pause length between lines?

Anita
Thanks! 3 to 5 seconds of silence between each dialogue is fine.

Anitazz
Posts: 216
Joined: June 11th, 2019, 7:51 am

Post by Anitazz » June 24th, 2019, 9:20 am

Ok! I've uploaded section 9/Mrs Everett for prooflistening.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/courage_mrseverett_08_128kb.mp3

Length: 1:21

ej400
Posts: 2728
Joined: September 24th, 2014, 10:26 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by ej400 » June 24th, 2019, 11:55 am

bhavya, may I please take Dick?

bhavya
Posts: 1029
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: St Andrews

Post by bhavya » June 25th, 2019, 11:49 pm

Thank you both!

cowguy02
Posts: 539
Joined: July 11th, 2017, 4:10 pm
Contact:

Post by cowguy02 » June 29th, 2019, 7:14 pm

Hi there. These are my lines. Since there is like 15 in total I did them all in one file but I can split them up if this is a issue. https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/courage_Gentleman:_David:_Mr._Everett_all_lines-128kb_.mp3
Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]

bhavya
Posts: 1029
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: St Andrews

Post by bhavya » June 29th, 2019, 9:12 pm

cowguy02 wrote:
June 29th, 2019, 7:14 pm
Hi there. These are my lines. Since there is like 15 in total I did them all in one file but I can split them up if this is a issue. https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/courage_Gentleman:_David:_Mr._Everett_all_lines-128kb_.mp3
Hi luke, Thank you! I am Okay with it, but let me check with Elijah if its convenient for him to PL.

ej400
Posts: 2728
Joined: September 24th, 2014, 10:26 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by ej400 » June 30th, 2019, 10:32 am

bhavya wrote:
June 29th, 2019, 9:12 pm
cowguy02 wrote:
June 29th, 2019, 7:14 pm
Hi there. These are my lines. Since there is like 15 in total I did them all in one file but I can split them up if this is a issue. https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/courage_Gentleman:_David:_Mr._Everett_all_lines-128kb_.mp3
Hi luke, Thank you! I am Okay with it, but let me check with Elijah if its convenient for him to PL.
I'm alright with it :D

cowguy02
Posts: 539
Joined: July 11th, 2017, 4:10 pm
Contact:

Post by cowguy02 » June 30th, 2019, 7:51 pm

ej400 wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 10:32 am
bhavya wrote:
June 29th, 2019, 9:12 pm
cowguy02 wrote:
June 29th, 2019, 7:14 pm
Hi there. These are my lines. Since there is like 15 in total I did them all in one file but I can split them up if this is a issue. https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/courage_Gentleman:_David:_Mr._Everett_all_lines-128kb_.mp3
Hi luke, Thank you! I am Okay with it, but let me check with Elijah if its convenient for him to PL.
I'm alright with it :D
Great thanks. Let me know if anything needs fixing. I'll be checking back on this thread but feel free to PM me as well :)
Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]

bhavya
Posts: 1029
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: St Andrews

Post by bhavya » July 3rd, 2019, 11:29 pm

Chapter 4 is ready for PL!

ej400
Posts: 2728
Joined: September 24th, 2014, 10:26 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by ej400 » July 8th, 2019, 7:29 am

I can do Father and Bruce so were full. Might change my voice a little bit for both :D <smile>

ej400
Posts: 2728
Joined: September 24th, 2014, 10:26 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by ej400 » July 8th, 2019, 7:42 am

Man, Man 2, Captain and Mrs. Leverett are all PL OK!

ej400
Posts: 2728
Joined: September 24th, 2014, 10:26 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by ej400 » July 8th, 2019, 7:54 am

PL notes for David/Mr. Leverett

You say "Gentleman, David, Mr. Eder" should be "Gentleman, David Mr. Leverett".

@ 1:13 You say "Sure it looks like a snail" should be "Sure it looks like a sail". Big difference :lol: <laughing> Maybe there's snail on the sail? :mrgreen: <mrgreen>

@ 1:20 wrongly colored lines "Then for several minutes all was silent." Can you please remove that as it is the narrator's lines?

You forgot your lines for L'envoi :shock:

Good reading Luke, you put great character into your character!

silverquill
Posts: 12866
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 8th, 2019, 8:25 am

ej400 wrote:
May 30th, 2019, 5:49 am
Larry

Chapters 5, 6, 7 & 8 are all PL OK!

Chapter 3 PL notes:

@ 1:05 Missing lines “That's so,”

L'envoi PL notes:

Text says: “the land that is very far off;”, I heard "the land is not very far off".

Also, there's not a lot of silence between your lines... but it's enough that I'm sure bhavya can manage.

Realized I haven't given you the corrections I recorded.
I tried for three seconds of silence between lines, which is what I've always done for plays and DR's.
If I need to change this for your project, I will. Just let me know.


https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/courage_larry_03_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/courage_larry_lenvoi_128kb.mp3
~Larry


Celebrating 7 years with LibriVox today

Post Reply