[FULL] Courage by Ruth Ogden (Dramatic Reading) - tg

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
ej400
Posts: 2054
Joined: September 24th, 2014, 10:26 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by ej400 » June 4th, 2019, 6:38 am

Narrator

PL notes for Chapter 8:

@ 8:37 Missing lines (wrongly colored): "Then for several minutes all was silent."

PL notes for Dramatis Personae:

@ 1:52 (I don't know if this is needed or not) Missing "end of dramatis personae".

L'envoi is PL OK!

Good reading Aaron, it was well enjoyed!

cowguy02
Posts: 566
Joined: July 11th, 2017, 4:10 pm
Contact:

Post by cowguy02 » June 4th, 2019, 7:01 am

I can take section 9. The guy who shows up as like 3 people :D
~Luke Castle
Limited wifi. Please bear with me until we get it fixed

My projects that need readers
Bealby
Freckles The life of Harriot Stuart The House By The Churchyard Unprofessional Tales|DPL needed

Dramatic Read!The Blind Brother

aaronwhite1977
Posts: 181
Joined: October 4th, 2018, 12:15 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:

Post by aaronwhite1977 » June 5th, 2019, 10:40 am

Here are the changes for Narrator for chapter 3, 8 and DP.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/courage_narrator_3_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/courage_narrator_8_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/courage_narrator_dramatispersonae_128kb.mp3

I doubt the change was needed for the DP, but I made it in case. Actually, I don't know why the DP need by read by the narrator at all - as it will all be replaced. My guess is as a placeholder, in case the editor wants to get started with editing before everyone's files are in.

Anyway - Thanks for the great PL. Looking forward to listening to this book all put together!

Aaron

ej400
Posts: 2054
Joined: September 24th, 2014, 10:26 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by ej400 » June 5th, 2019, 10:43 am

aaronwhite1977 wrote:
June 5th, 2019, 10:40 am
Here are the changes for Narrator for chapter 3, 8 and DP.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/courage_narrator_3_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/courage_narrator_8_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/courage_narrator_dramatispersonae_128kb.mp3

I doubt the change was needed for the DP, but I made it in case. Actually, I don't know why the DP need by read by the narrator at all - as it will all be replaced. My guess is as a placeholder, in case the editor wants to get started with editing before everyone's files are in.

Anyway - Thanks for the great PL. Looking forward to listening to this book all put together!

Aaron
That's a very good reason, I also didn't really get it, but that makes perfect sense. Thank you so much, I'll PL later :D <smile>

ej400
Posts: 2054
Joined: September 24th, 2014, 10:26 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by ej400 » June 5th, 2019, 1:10 pm

All of Narrator is PL OK! Awesome job Aaron, you're quite the narrator.
Last edited by ej400 on June 5th, 2019, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aaronwhite1977
Posts: 181
Joined: October 4th, 2018, 12:15 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:

Post by aaronwhite1977 » June 5th, 2019, 1:26 pm

Thanks!!!

*you're :evil:

(I'm sorry. I taught grammar... so... I have to. :oops: )

:D

Aaron

ej400
Posts: 2054
Joined: September 24th, 2014, 10:26 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by ej400 » June 5th, 2019, 1:42 pm

aaronwhite1977 wrote:
June 5th, 2019, 1:26 pm
Thanks!!!

*you're :evil:

(I'm sorry. I taught grammar... so... I have to. :oops: )

:D

Aaron
Alright it is. Edited it I have for you. Yeah, I just normally put "your" instead a lot.

Elizabby
Posts: 8704
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 5:36 pm
Location: Kelsingra

Post by Elizabby » June 5th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Elizabby wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 2:04 pm
ej400 wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 8:35 am

Also, shouldn't the file name contain 128kbps in it? If so, then all 3 of your chapters would need it added
Usually for a role in a DR the filename doesn’t matter as the individual files will need to be edited into the main file anyway. I won’t change this unless the BC specifically requires it, as I don’t think it matters. Similarly my silences should be long enough for easy editing, even though they may not be as long as others.
Bhavya, I didn't see your BC comment on this? Unless you want me to add more silence to the files (which I think have enough silence in them already) or to change the filenames to add 128kbp, then Miss Julia should be marked PL OK. The actual lines are all present and correct.

(The original PL notes are on page 6 of the project thread if you want to check.)

bhavya
Posts: 959
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: Bangalore, India

Post by bhavya » June 5th, 2019, 8:46 pm

cowguy02 wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 7:01 am
I can take section 9. The guy who shows up as like 3 people :D
I am travelling now, I’ll rnter your claim tomorrow 🙂

bhavya
Posts: 959
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: Bangalore, India

Post by bhavya » June 5th, 2019, 8:50 pm

Beth and Elijah,

If the only pl note is silence, its ok with me, i can work with short silences.
Thanks!

Aaron,
Thank you for being a wonderful narrator and for submitting the sections so soon!🙂

ej400
Posts: 2054
Joined: September 24th, 2014, 10:26 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by ej400 » June 6th, 2019, 3:33 pm

Elizabby wrote:
June 5th, 2019, 8:31 pm
Elizabby wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 2:04 pm
ej400 wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 8:35 am

Also, shouldn't the file name contain 128kbps in it? If so, then all 3 of your chapters would need it added
Usually for a role in a DR the filename doesn’t matter as the individual files will need to be edited into the main file anyway. I won’t change this unless the BC specifically requires it, as I don’t think it matters. Similarly my silences should be long enough for easy editing, even though they may not be as long as others.
Bhavya, I didn't see your BC comment on this? Unless you want me to add more silence to the files (which I think have enough silence in them already) or to change the filenames to add 128kbp, then Miss Julia should be marked PL OK. The actual lines are all present and correct.

(The original PL notes are on page 6 of the project thread if you want to check.)
bhavya wrote:
June 5th, 2019, 8:50 pm
Beth and Elijah,

If the only pl note is silence, its ok with me, i can work with short silences.
Thanks!
In that case...

Miss Julia is PL OK!

ej400
Posts: 2054
Joined: September 24th, 2014, 10:26 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by ej400 » June 6th, 2019, 3:35 pm

...And Chapter 4 is ready to edit! :D <smile>

JayKay
Posts: 9
Joined: March 2nd, 2017, 6:52 pm

Post by JayKay » June 6th, 2019, 4:23 pm

Hi Bhavya - any sections for a 13yr old girl or 12yr old boy?
Thanks
JK

bhavya
Posts: 959
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: Bangalore, India

Post by bhavya » June 7th, 2019, 10:29 am

cowguy02 wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 7:01 am
I can take section 9. The guy who shows up as like 3 people :D
I've entered in your claim. Thanks!

bhavya
Posts: 959
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: Bangalore, India

Post by bhavya » June 7th, 2019, 10:31 am

JayKay wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 4:23 pm
Hi Bhavya - any sections for a 13yr old girl or 12yr old boy?
Thanks
JK
Sorry :( , they've been filled in, but, since I am not looking for gender matched roles anymore; feel free to multiple open sections, as long as the characters do not appear in the same chapters

Bhavya :D

Post Reply