COMPLETE[PLAY]The "Mind The Paint" Girl by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jeugenet wrote: August 12th, 2019, 4:40 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_carltonsmythe_2_128kb.mp3
updated carlton smythe
2:48
thank you, can be marked PL ok now :) Though the volume is much lower now, which I find bizarre, the previous file was ok :hmm: But no matter, I can make a note for Todd in the MW. No need for you to re-upload anything.

See you soon in another one hopefully !

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Just checking in to let you know I have the first edit done on the last two acts for stage directions.
I want to go over them again to catch any missed lines I can find -- a bit more of a challenge with this script.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

So, here they are:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_stagedirections_3_128kb.mp3 42:56
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_stagedirections_4_128kb.mp3 30:35

On my final edit I found a few missing or misread lines, so I hope I got them all.

I've made some adjustments to my recording set up (for the better, I hope) so the voice match isn't as close as I would like, but I hope not too jarring. I had several corrections to make in the introductory part of Act 3, so I thought it best just to do a new recording.

All four acts of narration come to nearly three hours of final recording . . . . .
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: September 4th, 2019, 12:04 amI've made some adjustments to my recording set up (for the better, I hope) so the voice match isn't as close as I would like, but I hope not too jarring. I had several corrections to make in the introductory part of Act 3, so I thought it best just to do a new recording.
:shock: what ! you did all 45 minutes of Act 3 again ? that's so much work ! It doesn't matter if your voice is a bit different. The narrator is always interspersed by other voices, it won't matter much.

Anyway, I just listened to Act 3 and it's wonderfully done (and yes, also acted out :lol: your emotions run away with the text). I found a few missing lines still, but not many, considering how long this act was. Really well done:

> at about 13:38: missed line: "shaking her"
> at about 21:14: missed line: "making a grimace"
> at about 30:38: missed line: "in disdain" (in fact I found this line at 33:41, which is the wrong spot, could you move it here)
> at about 34:24: missed line: "confused"
> at 35:02: "his voice dying away" - you say "her voice"
> at 41:06: "and Mrs Upjohn peeps in cautiously" - you say "Miss Upjohn"

thank you, Larry. Will listen to Act 4 after a break...

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and Act 4 finished ! Another great performance, Larry, thank you so much. Again...just a few missed lines (sorry :oops: )

> at about 8:12: missed line: "to Lily"
> at about 13:41: missed line: "producing his gloves"
> at 16:01: "Roper, to Lily, urgently" - I think this would be "Jimmie, Roper and Mrs Upjohn, to Lily, urgently" :hmm:
> at 29:20: "Lily seats herself upon the settee without speaking" - you forgot to say "Lily" which is necessary here, as is happening while Mrs Upjohn is talking

nearly done ! Another great stage directions reading, Larry. I can't believe you are still volunteering for such a huge job. 8-)

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thanks, Sonia! I know that was a lot to give you all at once.

No, I recorded only the intro to Act 3 over. The patches were just not going to sound right.

I'll put in the corrections in tomorrow's recording session.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Well, here we are, I hope:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_stagedirections_3_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_stagedirections_4_128kb.mp3

And, as always, new time stamps.

ACT III

> at about 13:38: missed line: "shaking her"
> at about 21:18: missed line: "making a grimace"
> at about 30:47: missed line: "in disdain" (in fact I found this line at 33:41, which is the wrong spot, could you move it here)
> at about 34:42: missed line: "confused"
> at 35:12: "his voice dying away" - you say "her voice"
> at 41:02: "and Mrs Upjohn peeps in cautiously" - you say "Miss Upjohn"
NOTE: I recorded a larger section here so the patch wouldn’t be as noticeable

ACT IV

> at about 8:12: missed line: "to Lily"
> at about 13:46: missed line: "producing his gloves"
> at 16:08: "Roper, to Lily, urgently" - I think this would be "Jimmie, Roper and Mrs Upjohn, to Lily, urgently"
> at 29:28: "Lily seats herself upon the settee without speaking" - you forgot to say "Lily" which is necessary here, as is happening while Mrs Upjohn is talking

Are we done with Pinero?
I might think twice about stage directions, but it is such an important part of the plays and forms the framework for the dialog. If I do, I will not let it linger and try to get them done within the two months, or even one month. That will actually be easier on me in my head.

And YOU -- the hours of PL that these take!
I'm not any crazier than you are. :lol:
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yep, all PL ok now. :thumbs: thanks ! Your job is done here :9: get a rest before the next one ;)

and your voice really has a different timbre with the new mic :shock: I would barely have recognized it for your voice. Need to get used to this voice now.
Are we done with Pinero?
oh no, we still have some more plays to do. :9: Quite confident that Todd and I will stick with them till the end. :mrgreen: And I hope the whole troupe will join !
And YOU -- the hours of PL that these take!
I'm not any crazier than you are. :lol:
:lol: you might have a valid point there. But it's so much fun listening to all of you, so I don't mind putting in the hours. And I have more listening that recording time these days, so it's easier for me.

See you in the next one ! Have a nice weekend.

Sonia
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

I would like to play Lionel, please. :D

Brad
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hamlet wrote: September 7th, 2019, 3:01 am I would like to play Lionel, please. :D
yay, finally our Roper has arrived. Thank you so much Brad, I think you'll be excellent in that role.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I have act 2 - though missing several people - almost completely edited. On to the rest!

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Well, the Draft of Act 2 comes in at 1:12:05 - just 2 minutes short of the maximum allowed. Hopefully the gaps for lines from the missing folks will be compensated for by the stacking of the group cheers, etc....

You all sound great!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: September 7th, 2019, 9:06 amWell, the Draft of Act 2 comes in at 1:12:05 - just 2 minutes short of the maximum allowed.
there are still Roper and Cooling coming in who have quite a bit to say :? I am not sure you will make it under the cut-off time.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

There are a buncha places where multiple people speak at the same time. Currently I have all their lines sequential in the same track - I don't do the stacking until the final grooming cuz multiple tracks are hard to keep synchronized if there are edits to make. So that takes more space now than it finally will require.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: September 8th, 2019, 10:18 amThere are a buncha places where multiple people speak at the same time. Currently I have all their lines sequential in the same track
ah ok, yes, in that case you will have plenty of workspace left still. :shock: I didn't know that. Yes, there are many group speeches you can merge still.

I hope you have arrived safely by now :)

Sonia