COMPLETE[PLAY]The "Mind The Paint" Girl by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KevinS wrote: September 12th, 2019, 2:33 pmI have no idea what I am doing.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_heneage_1_128kb.mp3
for someone who has "no idea what he's doing" as you say, you did this amazingly well. I simply LOVED the laugh in the middle. Sounds so genuine and heartfelt. :thumbs: The whoops at the end already have a tinge of tipsyness :mrgreen: it was at the end of the party, so...understandable.

Everything perfectly delivered, and thank you SO much for helping out here in the final stages. :9:

Heneage totally PL ok.

Oh only a small note for the filenaming in drama. Please never use the section number, but the number of the act you appear in. The sections will get moved around constantly and are not reliable. But no worries here, I put it in the correct act :)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Assembling Act 3. It does go on and on -almost 50 minutes and still growing. You all sound great!

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 3 DRAFT finally complete - another act that stretches the allowable time limit. And that is still without Roper.

But WOW - this is an incredibly powerful act and your voices are fabulous in it! A pleasure - though tiring - to assemble. Can't wait to get the last part in and be able to do the final tweaks to groom it so you can all listen.

Thanks, Todd

(Hopefully Pinero wrote some shorter plays we haven't recorded yet. These last couple have really worn me out.)
Foon

Post by Foon »

I can't wait to hear all of us together!! It's a long one, but I'm sure it will be worth it! :D
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
flup

Post by flup »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

flup wrote: September 22nd, 2019, 9:48 am Here's the part for Tavish!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_tavish_01_128kb.mp3
thank you, Philip !!! and wow what a LAUGH !!!! I had to laugh with you, it was so contaminating :lol: Tavish seems to be the guy that likes to be heard by everybody. :thumbs: Very jovial, I liked it.

PL ok. Excellent job, and thanks for helping out so fast. 8-)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Draft of Act 4 done also - except Roper.

Just as good as the others - which is great!

Thanks, Todd
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

I am so sorry for the delay in getting my part read. I have been kept abnormally busy at work lately. I'm planning now on getting the first act done on Tuesday morning.

Brad
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

That's okay - you are still well within the two months allowed.

Thanks, Todd
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hamlet wrote: October 1st, 2019, 6:07 amHere is the first act for Roper.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_roper_1_128kb.mp3
yay yay yay, I was so waiting for this. Excellent job, Brad (but I knew you'd be great in this character). I love Roper's joviality and also slimy duplicity. :lol: He means well, but is not an altogether nice guy. Perfectly characterized. :thumbs:

An absolutely flawless run-through, all the lines included. Careful in the next act, there are many ALL or MEN lines. Only at two spots you didn't leave much space for stage directions, but it's ok, Todd will manage here ;) There is still some wriggle way.

No need to reupload, this is PL ok.

And that means we can finish the first act :9:

Thanks for this great performance. And I hope I could whet your interest in Pinero now. There is already a new play on offer, in case you haven't seen it yet. :mrgreen:

Looking forward to the next act.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I have Roper cut into Act 1. But it will take a while to finish editing cuz there are a lot of places where multiple people speak at the same time that I will have to deal with.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Okay, Act 1 is ready for final PL. You all sound great in this. And what a (long) story this is! I guess people had more time on their hands when they wanted to be entertained: I'm tired already and there are 3 more acts to go!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: October 3rd, 2019, 1:28 pmOkay, Act 1 is ready for final PL. You all sound great in this. And what a (long) story this is!
:shock: wow barely half a minute to spare before splitting it in two parts. That was precision work, Todd. And I looooved how you assembled all the group speeches, especially those who speak helter-skelter. :thumbs: Excellent job. The mayhem around the middle part was exquisite, where they are all singing and frolicking. (and being rather silly) :lol:

Everybody made a memorable job out of their roles. I am already looking forward to the second act at the party. :9:

I only have one single change to note:

> at 47:33: Roper, relieving Gladys of the stand: "Give it to me. I want a little exercise." - this part should come later, after the stage directions finish at 48:14. At first I thought maybe you wanted to put it there because that's when the action happens with the tea tray and I found it was an interesting idea. But then again, all the other actions mentioned in the narrator part also happen by and by, but you don't put those speeches into the slots. :hmm: So maybe it was only a mistake after all.

The rest is perfect. I agree with all the narrator cuts you made, they were all played out excellently and didn't need the interruption.

Thanks, it was an agreeable hour, and I don't feel tired yet. :mrgreen:

Sonia