COMPLETE[PLAY]The Wasters by Arthur Adams - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

Kitty wrote: April 29th, 2019, 2:20 am
BetsyWalker wrote: April 28th, 2019, 5:36 pmWell, by the end of the afternoon, I got my voice back enough to record! Yay - this was fun. In the Intro I included "Act 2". It would be easy for me to delete that if you don't want it there. I figured easier to delete than to add in later.
yes, you can cut out the "Act 2" in your voice credit, it won't get used like that. The voice credit is always without "act" inserted.

Great job, but you are missing a few lines at the end of the act. Also, I'd like you to insert 2 longer breaks in two places:

> at 1:25: (p. 23) you forgot to leave a break of 2 seconds between these quotes: “It says here, Mrs Cronk (... pause for narrator ...) in this advertisement”

> at 1:46: (p. 30) "if it's not too much trouble (...stage directions...) it's quite early yet" - same here, you need to remember to leave a long break even in the middle of your sentence, if there is a stage direction to be inserted. It will make Todd’s job easier if he doesn’t have to fiddle too much around small spaces. This one is very short, but still long enough to easily cut and paste, so here it's optional, but the previous one has no room at all and would make editing tricky

> at about 1:54: (p. 33 & 34) four missing lines in the final pages of this act:

> This rose du barry looks smartest to me.
> Why, it’s past twelve, I do declare.
> How any decent woman, let alone a widow, could be seen dead in one of these shameful things beats me.
> Good-morning !

thank you :)

Sonia
So sorry I missed those lines. I read and re-read that act many times and did totally miss them. And I actually tried to leave a 3-second break each time. Darn! I'll get those fixes done as soon as possible this week. I am very grateful for your PL!

Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

Here's my edited recording for Mrs. Meggett. Thank you so much for such a helpful PL, Sonia. Hope this does it for now!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wasters_mrs.meggett_02_128kb_.mp3

Duration: 2:21

Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

BetsyWalker wrote: April 29th, 2019, 7:30 pmHere's my edited recording for Mrs. Meggett. Thank you so much for such a helpful PL, Sonia. Hope this does it for now!
this does it indeed :thumbs: thank you so much for this performance. Compared to other characters, she's doesn't appear that much in the play, but I love it that you still instilled her with a distinctive character. It will make those scenes absolutely great. :9: I think Act 2 will definitely be the funniest act of the play.

PL ok now. Thank you, and I hope to hear you in another play soon !

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

Kitty wrote: April 30th, 2019, 12:12 am
BetsyWalker wrote: April 29th, 2019, 7:30 pmHere's my edited recording for Mrs. Meggett. Thank you so much for such a helpful PL, Sonia. Hope this does it for now!
this does it indeed :thumbs: thank you so much for this performance. Compared to other characters, she's doesn't appear that much in the play, but I love it that you still instilled her with a distinctive character. It will make those scenes absolutely great. :9: I think Act 2 will definitely be the funniest act of the play.

PL ok now. Thank you, and I hope to hear you in another play soon !

Sonia
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Whooppeee!
Betsy in Santa Fe
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

The Butler is in the MW awaiting his PL.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: May 2nd, 2019, 12:52 pmThe Butler is in the MW awaiting his PL.
a very short part, but you took out the most of it, Todd. This butler is a snobbish import from England, I'm guessing, well aware of his high status in the butlering league. :mrgreen: Excellent job. I was peeling my eyes to find another line or two for him in the two acts, but I think you caught them all.

PL ok. Thanks

Sonia
PetitPoiSon

Post by PetitPoiSon »

Bonjour,
Here is the part of Mrs Clibborn, Act 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wasters_mrsclibborn_02_128kb.mp3
Please correct my pronounciation if needed be!
Amicalement,
Pauline
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

PetitPoiSon wrote: May 8th, 2019, 12:47 amHere is the part of Mrs Clibborn, Act 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wasters_mrsclibborn_02_128kb.mp3
Please correct my pronounciation if needed be!
merci, Pauline, this is absolutely well done. No need for any pronunciation corrections. In fact, your slight French accent makes this role wonderfully charming and unique, I can picture Mrs Clibborn as a French immigrant to Australia now and Tony Clibborn fell for her charms a few years back :mrgreen: With time of course the love has cooled off a bit :lol:

You conveyed well your distaste for Mrs Dangar here, throwing a bit of acid into your voice ;) All in all, perfectly done. Thank you so much for taking part. :9: I hope it's not the last time !

This is PL ok.

Sonia
PetitPoiSon

Post by PetitPoiSon »

Thanks Sonia!
À bientôt :9:
Pauline
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Aren't all Australian accents, by definition, ....

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

excellent job, Leanne, this was a big role ! And you made Baby much angrier and firmer than I expected her to be, but it's an interesting approach. 8-) Well done, all in all. Act 3 is already PL ok.

As for accent, I'm not a good judge of that, to me it sounds fine, and anyway, Baby could well have been a British expat now living in Sydney ;)

PL notes for Act 1:

> at about 16:12: (p. 16) missing line, wrongly assigned to John, but I’m fairly sure this is Baby replying, since it doesn’t make sense that John would be speaking 3 sentences in a row: “Oh, two months or so. I can’t really remember.

PL notes for Act 2:

> at about 0:05: (p. 26) missed line: “Yes, delightful.

> at 8:28: (p. 32) repeat “keep him silent for a day” – one version can be cut out

thanks

Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Here is Tossie. This was an interesting part. I'm not sure I understand her seeming to change her mind so quickly when she's talking with Mr. Thong, but I think she may be right about him. I'll have to listen to the whole play when it's ready and find out.

I didn't know what to do with the word distingey. :? I gave it my best shot, but any suggestions on that bit would be most welcome, because I don't really understand what that might mean.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wasters_tossie_2_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wasters_tossie_3_128kb.mp3