FULL[Dramatic] The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald - dlo

Plays and other dramatic works
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » April 8th, 2019, 1:53 pm

Narrator 5 is word perfect. (And also PL OK.) I just don't know how you do it, Bhavya, I've only had 1 section in my whole LibriVox 'career' that was word perfect. And even that was like only 3 minutes! You're just great. Beautiful reading! :thumbs:

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » April 8th, 2019, 1:55 pm

Oh yes, and while listening to Campbell's section for chapter 19, I came across a text problem:
'Better and better!' cried the queen and the prince together
This is only listed as Campbell's (the Goblin Queen's) line. I don't know how you would change that to make it both the queen/prince's line, but since it is described as both of their line, I think it should be in the recording.

:wink:

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » April 8th, 2019, 2:10 pm

JayKitty76 wrote:
April 8th, 2019, 1:55 pm
This is only listed as Campbell's (the Goblin Queen's) line. I don't know how you would change that to make it both the queen/prince's line, but since it is described as both of their line, I think it should be in the recording.
Aah yes I saw that and forgot to mention it :oops:. Thanks for the compliments! I had so much fun with this role :lol:
Campbell
Constructive criticism always welcome

Readers wanted: The Cliff-Dwellers

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » April 8th, 2019, 2:14 pm

lymiewithpurpose wrote:
April 8th, 2019, 2:10 pm
JayKitty76 wrote:
Aah yes I saw that and forgot to mention it :oops:. Thanks for the compliments! I had so much fun with this role :lol:
I could tell! When a volunteer enjoys reading a certain part, it shows wonderfully in their recording. :D

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » April 8th, 2019, 2:17 pm

Narrator 6 is nearly PL OK. Just a couple tiny edits:

2:19- unnaturally long pause
3:34- ""

Like I've noted before, Bhavya, you don't sound like you're reading at all- you sound like you're just naturally telling the story to a friend or child. :9: Lovely job, it is a joy to listen to. I have to go though, so I will listen to Narrator 7 tomorrow. Thank you! :D

(Note for Elijah/David: I'm assuming I'm supposed to be following along with the text the entire time for this project? It's subjective in say, Groups or Solos, but I just assumed that in order to make sure everything was alright, one should follow along with the text for a DR. Just checking. Don't worry- that's what I usually do no matter what, and that's what I've been doing this whole time. :wink: )

ej400

Post by ej400 » April 8th, 2019, 8:29 pm

Thank you Rachel :D <smile>

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » April 9th, 2019, 4:14 pm

Hi Bhavya!

Narrator 7 is beautifully done, almost PL OK, and word perfect to boot! Good job! I have super, super easy PL notes- practically all the PL notes I give you are not textual errors, but mainly large silences where the sound should simply continue. Without further ado, here are the notes for this chapter:

0:47- unusually long pause
1:12- ""
1:30- soft screeching noise (I know that's an oxymoron, but there it is :lol: )

Good job on saying 'end of chapter ___' in all the recordings, by the way. Elijah did put that in some of the docs, but not all, so good job for remembering. (I know it's in the first post, but still- I probably wouldn't have remembered. :roll: :) )

Rachel

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » April 10th, 2019, 11:15 am

JayKitty76 wrote:
Oh yes, and while listening to Campbell's section for chapter 19, I came across a text problem:

lymiewithpurpose wrote:
April 2nd, 2019, 7:06 pm
Hey there Elijah! I was reading through my part, and I noticed that you combined the Crown Prince and the Queen into one role. I just wanted to confirm that you actually wanted this. If so, do you want them read in different voices, or the same? I'm getting excited...
Oops just realized that Campbell did point this out already! Never mind. It doesn't really matter right now- Elijah can fix it later if he wants to.
Anyway, to make this post worthwhile and to prove I'm not just bored, I'm going to record a section of Lootie right now. I'll send it in hopefully in a few minutes :wink:

Thanks guys!

Rachel

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » April 10th, 2019, 11:38 am

I apologize for the file dump, Elijah, but I promise these sections of Lootie are super short and will take hardly any of your time:

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_lootie_14_128kb.mp3 @ 0:20

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_lootie_16_128kb.mp3 @ 0:46

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_lootie_24_128kb.mp3 @ 1:01

Thanks all! Will put in MW too.

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » April 10th, 2019, 11:42 am

Perfect! MW rearranged and everything. I also noticed that Narrator 7 was still marked as Ready for PL (I must have forgotten to change it after I posted the notes here) so I changed that.

Thanks!

Rachel

aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 » April 10th, 2019, 11:46 am

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » April 10th, 2019, 5:16 pm

aaronwhite1977 wrote:
April 10th, 2019, 11:46 am
Loved reading this book. Any thoughts on continuing dramatic reading for the 2nd book?

Thanks
Aaron
Hi Aaron! Thanks for your sections, I will get to them tomorrow.
As for The Princess and Curdie, yes, we are planning to do that as a DR shortly after we finish this one, if not right after.

Thanks!

Rachel

ej400

Post by ej400 » April 10th, 2019, 8:58 pm

Thank you everyone for updating everything and uploading your sections. I see there were a few things I didn't get too, so I'll reply now:
JayKitty76 wrote:

If this was supposed to be together in the text, it's alright if just Campbell reads it.
JayKitty76 wrote:
April 8th, 2019, 2:17 pm
Like I've noted before, Bhavya, you don't sound like you're reading at all- you sound like you're just naturally telling the story to a friend or child. :9: Lovely job, it is a joy to listen to. I have to go though, so I will listen to Narrator 7 tomorrow. Thank you! :D

(Note for Elijah/David: I'm assuming I'm supposed to be following along with the text the entire time for this project? It's subjective in say, Groups or Solos, but I just assumed that in order to make sure everything was alright, one should follow along with the text for a DR. Just checking. Don't worry- that's what I usually do no matter what, and that's what I've been doing this whole time. :wink: )
I would prefer if you follow along with the text; I think that in DR's it's kind of a must.
JayKitty76 wrote:
April 10th, 2019, 11:38 am
I apologize for the file dump, Elijah, but I promise these sections of Lootie are super short and will take hardly any of your time:
Don't worry about taking up my time, I need to find things to keep me from being bored while the blizzard is going on for the next three days :lol: <laughing>

Thank you everyone again! :D <smile>

bhavya

Post by bhavya » April 11th, 2019, 7:49 am

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_narrator_04.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_narrator_06.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_narrator_07.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_narrator_08.mp3

timings are 4:40, 13:40, 6:52 and 7:28.

Thank you Rachel for all the compliments! You really are making me quite vain :mrgreen: . I'm afraid I'll turn into one of disney's evil, conceited stepmothers :twisted: .
And, yes, I understand, having the timings makes it much easier to get work done.

Also, take care Elijah!

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » April 11th, 2019, 1:57 pm

bhavya wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 7:49 am
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_narrator_04.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_narrator_06.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_narrator_07.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_narrator_08.mp3

timings are 4:40, 13:40, 6:52 and 7:28.

Thank you Rachel for all the compliments! You really are making me quite vain :mrgreen: . I'm afraid I'll turn into one of disney's evil, conceited stepmothers :twisted: .
And, yes, I understand, having the timings makes it much easier to get work done.

Also, take care Elijah!
Haha, thank you! No, I'm not complimenting more than what you deserve! :D You're that good, I'm serious! You're probably one of the best narrators I ever heard, it doesn't sound like you're reading at all, just more like you're explaining and talking naturally! :D I'll PL some more today, although I only have about half an hour of free time today...so I'd better step on it! :thumbs: