[COMPLETE] The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Princess Irene 22 is now PL OK. It's still fairly on the short side in terms of silence, but I think it's a little better so I'll let it pass.
What I think I'll do when editing is to highlight the section I'm going to copy and paste, then play it back before I actually do it, following along with the text, so I can be sure it's accurate. That's pretty foolproof, I think.

Thank you, Leanne! :thumbs:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

I'm going to work on putting the silence into Leanne's chapters right now. I'll do it chronologically- starting with Princess Irene 3. Just to let you guys know...

Thanks,
Rachel
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

So here is the fully edited Princess Irene 3, PL OK:

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_irene_3.mp3

I'll just change this to PL OK in the MW now.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

JayKitty76 wrote: April 30th, 2019, 3:16 pm Hi William!

Great reading in Harelip 18! Your villainy is apparent, great use of tones to make an evil-sounding character! Just one small PL note:

At 0:22-26, there was a rather long pause. Just cut that and it'll be PL OK! Awesome reading!

Rachel
Sorry - for some reason I didn't see this. I must have thought there was a gap there in the script. Sorry - I have corrected the audio and uploaded!

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_harelip_18_128kb.mp3

:)
Aaron
ej400

Post by ej400 »

aaronwhite1977 wrote: May 6th, 2019, 8:32 am

Great reading in Harelip 18! Your villainy is apparent, great use of tones to make an evil-sounding character! Just one small PL note:

At 0:22-26, there was a rather long pause. Just cut that and it'll be PL OK! Awesome reading!

Rachel
Sorry - for some reason I didn't see this. I must have thought there was a gap there in the script. Sorry - I have corrected the audio and uploaded!

Aaron
Thank you!
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

aaronwhite1977 wrote: May 6th, 2019, 8:32 am

Rachel

Aaron
PL OK! Thank you, Aaron and William! Wonderful reading, there! :thumbs:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi Bhavya,

Narrator 18 is great! Your voice was especially soothing in this one which is a good thing in contrast to all the evil villain-voices that will be edited into this chapter! :lol: Your reading is always great, so much so that I hate to give you any PL notes! But there is one tiny thing that needs to be fixed before it gets marked PL OK:

At 9:15, there is a stumble/repeat on "he". That's it! Once you make that change, it'll be PL OK.

Wonderful reading, thank you for recording! :thumbs:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Campbell
pronouns: they/them
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: May 6th, 2019, 5:12 pm Have another chapter for you!

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_peter_23_128kb.mp3
1:39
Thanks Campbell! I'll PL it right now and get it into the MW. (Uh...I'll do that the other way around. :lol: :wink: )

Thank you!

Rachel
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

JayKitty76 wrote: May 7th, 2019, 1:31 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote: May 6th, 2019, 5:12 pm Have another chapter for you!

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_peter_23_128kb.mp3
1:39
Thanks Campbell! I'll PL it right now and get it into the MW. (Uh...I'll do that the other way around. :lol: :wink: )

Thank you!

Rachel
Definitely PL OK, as usual! Good job!

Just wondering-- did you use the same levels of voice-lowering as you did the first Peter Peterson (7)? To me it sounds a bit lower. Whatever, though, it's probably just my bad memory. (I didn't actually check it, as I don't know how to lower a voice like that.) It doesn't matter, it still sounds great and is instantly PL OK. I was just curious. :wink:

I come on here every day and everyone's uploading a ton of sections-- I need to quit procrastinating on those See PL Notes sections I have!! :lol: I have to get offline really soon though so it can't be today. :thumbs:

Thank you and God bless,
Rachel
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
lymiewithpurpose

JayKitty76 wrote: May 7th, 2019, 1:38 pm Just wondering-- did you use the same levels of voice-lowering as you did the first Peter Peterson (7)? To me it sounds a bit lower. Whatever, though, it's probably just my bad memory. (I didn't actually check it, as I don't know how to lower a voice like that.) It doesn't matter, it still sounds great and is instantly PL OK. I was just curious.
Actually, I didn't :shock:. I haven't been using my voice lowering on Audacity, I have just been talking lower. Hopefully the gap between chapter 7 and 23 is enough to hide the difference :D
Campbell
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: May 7th, 2019, 1:42 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: May 7th, 2019, 1:38 pm Just wondering-- did you use the same levels of voice-lowering as you did the first Peter Peterson (7)? To me it sounds a bit lower. Whatever, though, it's probably just my bad memory. (I didn't actually check it, as I don't know how to lower a voice like that.) It doesn't matter, it still sounds great and is instantly PL OK. I was just curious.
Actually, I didn't :shock:. I haven't been using my voice lowering on Audacity, I have just been talking lower. Hopefully the gap between chapter 7 and 23 is enough to hide the difference :D
Ohh...oops! :oops:

It did sound very natural, actually, so that's really good!

No, it's fine, like I said, it's definitely PL OK. I'm sure nobody will notice, and even if they did, they won't comment :thumbs:

Sorry about that! :|

Rachel
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
lymiewithpurpose

JayKitty76 wrote: May 7th, 2019, 1:44 pm Ohh...oops!

It did sound very natural, actually, so that's really good!

No, it's fine, like I said, it's definitely PL OK. I'm sure nobody will notice, and even if they did, they won't comment

Sorry about that!

Rachel
Ha ha I don't mind. Glad it sounds natural :D. I'll just hope to get the last chapter consistent to at least one of the two others!
Campbell