FULL [PLAY] The Vegetable by F. Scott Fitzgerald - thw

Plays and other dramatic works
bhavya
Posts: 502
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am

Post by bhavya » February 4th, 2019, 4:37 am

Readers wanted for Six Little Bunkers at Grandma Bell's !

DPL needed for The Cave Twins by Lucy Fitch Perkins

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15700
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » February 4th, 2019, 5:23 am

bhavya wrote:
February 4th, 2019, 4:37 am
Here is Charlotte: Act 1
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/vegetable_charlottefrost_1_128kb.mp3
ok, Tomas, I decided to be DPL after all, since nobody else is vying for the job.

That gave me the wonderful opportunity to listen to this excellent performance, Bhavya :9: wow you are one hell of a snappish Charlotte. I loved the characterization, you so totally own the scene. I know that Tomas can be just as snappish back, so your bickering dialogue will be brilliant together. 8-)

No parts missing as far as I can tell. Everything wonderfully acted out. PL ok.

Just one thing:

> please include voice credit at the beginning of Act 2, since you forgot it here: “Charlotte Frost, read by Bhavya

thank you, looking forward to the next act :)

Sonia

Foon
Posts: 2126
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » February 4th, 2019, 9:33 am

Foon - Please correct my pronunciation!

Readers needed:
Arabian Nights (Vol. 10)

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15700
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » February 4th, 2019, 12:34 pm

Foon wrote:
February 4th, 2019, 9:33 am
Here's Doris, Act 1:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/vegetable_doris_1_128kb.mp3
ah and the other female of the play 8-) also a very good characterization, Foon. :thumbs: You play the jaded débutante who is always eager to be hip quite well. This play will really be great, I can feel that much already. :9:

You have missed a couple of lines this time:

> at about 0:41: (p. 24) missing lines: "He'd drink anything. Anything he could get his hands on. He used to drink all these mixtures and then come round to see me."

> at about 4:35: (p. 28) missing lines: "How's everything else been going around here ?"

Great job ! Looking forward to the next act. Thanks !

Sonia

ChuckW
Posts: 2825
Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 7:47 am
Location: The Lonesome Crowded Midwest

Post by ChuckW » February 4th, 2019, 2:38 pm

Current Projects:
Arqtiq (Anna Adolph)
Prison Memoirs of an Anarchist (Alexander Berkman) [Group Project]
Day Dreams (Rudolph Valentino) [Group Project]

WiltedScribe
Posts: 1993
Joined: April 7th, 2016, 8:11 pm

Post by WiltedScribe » February 4th, 2019, 3:51 pm

Thanks, Chuck! Sonia will give that a listen tomorrow.

(Oh, and many thanks for agreeing to DPL, Sonia - you're a lifesaver!)
Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:
The Goddess | The Gondoliers | The Country Wife | A Little Bit of Fluff | Crossings: A Fairy Play | The Lying Lover | Every Man Out of His Humour

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15700
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » February 5th, 2019, 4:57 am

ChuckW wrote:
February 4th, 2019, 2:38 pm
Here's Act I of Fishy-fish!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/vegetable_fish_01.mp3
hehe, well done, Chuck. Fish starts out quite jovial but rapidly becomes miffed with Jerry's bad jokes. I think the end of the scene is quite surreal, Jerry probably drifting in and out of alcohol fantasy while Fish is oblivious to this. Excellent portrayal. Now get ready to become a senator :lol: (I think Fish will be senator if I'm not mistaken)

PL ok, in any case. :thumbs: I only noticed the volume is around 83 dB only, but I'll make a note for the editor.

Thanks

Sonia

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 316
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm
Location: US

Post by lymiewithpurpose » February 5th, 2019, 7:45 am

I would be honored to help finish by reading the Third Senator!
Campbell

WiltedScribe
Posts: 1993
Joined: April 7th, 2016, 8:11 pm

Post by WiltedScribe » February 5th, 2019, 8:19 am

lymiewithpurpose wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 7:45 am
I would be honored to help finish by reading the Third Senator!
Thank you, Campbell!

And with that, we're full. :9:
Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:
The Goddess | The Gondoliers | The Country Wife | A Little Bit of Fluff | Crossings: A Fairy Play | The Lying Lover | Every Man Out of His Humour

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 316
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm
Location: US

Post by lymiewithpurpose » February 5th, 2019, 5:16 pm

Got my piece recorded! Let me know if I missed anything!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/vegetable_thirdsenator_2_128kb.mp3
0:30
Campbell

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15700
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » February 6th, 2019, 2:23 am

lymiewithpurpose wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 5:16 pm
Got my piece recorded! Let me know if I missed anything!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/vegetable_thirdsenator_2_128kb.mp3
"Irish-Poland" made me giggle. :mrgreen:

Thank you, Campbell, as far as I can see, that was all for the Senators. They only seem to appear in group. All perfectly PL ok. :)

Sonia

Foon
Posts: 2126
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » February 6th, 2019, 6:12 am

Kitty wrote:
February 4th, 2019, 12:34 pm
Foon wrote:
February 4th, 2019, 9:33 am
Here's Doris, Act 1:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/vegetable_doris_1_128kb.mp3
ah and the other female of the play 8-) also a very good characterization, Foon. :thumbs: You play the jaded débutante who is always eager to be hip quite well. This play will really be great, I can feel that much already. :9:

You have missed a couple of lines this time:

> at about 0:41: (p. 24) missing lines: "He'd drink anything. Anything he could get his hands on. He used to drink all these mixtures and then come round to see me."

> at about 4:35: (p. 28) missing lines: "How's everything else been going around here ?"

Great job ! Looking forward to the next act. Thanks !

Sonia
Ahhh they were hiding behind narrator lines :lol:

Here is the new file with missing lines included: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/vegetable_doris_1_128kb.mp3 8:13
Foon - Please correct my pronunciation!

Readers needed:
Arabian Nights (Vol. 10)

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15700
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » February 6th, 2019, 6:18 am

Foon wrote:
February 6th, 2019, 6:12 am
Ahhh they were hiding behind narrator lines :lol:
indeed, always beware the narrator ;)

thank you, all PL ok now

Sonia

bhavya
Posts: 502
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am

Post by bhavya » February 6th, 2019, 10:29 am

Kitty wrote:
February 4th, 2019, 5:23 am
bhavya wrote:
February 4th, 2019, 4:37 am
Here is Charlotte: Act 1
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/vegetable_charlottefrost_1_128kb.mp3
ok, Tomas, I decided to be DPL after all, since nobody else is vying for the job.

That gave me the wonderful opportunity to listen to this excellent performance, Bhavya :9: wow you are one hell of a snappish Charlotte. I loved the characterization, you so totally own the scene. I know that Tomas can be just as snappish back, so your bickering dialogue will be brilliant together. 8-)

No parts missing as far as I can tell. Everything wonderfully acted out. PL ok.

Just one thing:

> please include voice credit at the beginning of Act 2, since you forgot it here: “Charlotte Frost, read by Bhavya

thank you, looking forward to the next act :)

Sonia
Thank you so much! Here is act 2.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/vegetable_charlottefrost_2_128kb.mp3
Readers wanted for Six Little Bunkers at Grandma Bell's !

DPL needed for The Cave Twins by Lucy Fitch Perkins

pschempf
Posts: 1346
Joined: April 5th, 2013, 8:28 pm
Location: Coastal Alaska Rainforest
Contact:

Post by pschempf » February 6th, 2019, 1:45 pm

Here is the Honorable :roll: Chief Justice Fossile -

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/vegetable_fossile_2_128kb.mp3
Fritz

"A small daily task, if it be really daily, will beat the labors of a spasmodic Hercules."

Trollope

Post Reply