COMPLETE [PLAY] The Vegetable by F. Scott Fitzgerald - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

I'll be getting mine in this week!
Josh Kibbey
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

mightyfelix wrote: March 25th, 2019, 11:19 am Got it. I will note those spots as I come across them. If you like, I can also include the line in my voice, as a "just in case."
Yes please! If we can't get all the extra lines, we will have to use your voice in those spots, so do include them.
Tomas Peter
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

KIBBONAFIDE wrote: March 25th, 2019, 11:19 am I'll be getting mine in this week!
Thanks, Josh! Maybe you've read the conversation, but if not, we ask that you be on the lookout for any lines that might be hidden in chunks of narration. You may not come across any in the end, but this is just to be on the safe side so you don't have to go back and record again.
Tomas Peter
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

Yeah I was just looking through the discussion now...since I’ve still to record I will try to keep an eye out for dialogue inside of stage directions and put those in. Thanks!
Josh Kibbey
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Here are the hidden lines I found from act 1. I just skimmed through it, but I went through twice and I'm pretty sure this is all of them:

Charlotte, singing, p 5: "Some little bug is going to find you, so-o-ome day!"
Jerry, p 6: "What?" (Happens twice on same page. Probably can copy/paste the second one. It should still sound fine.)
Jerry, singing, p 7: "Everybody is there, everybody is there!"
Charlotte and Jerry, p 23, in incredulous unison: "Honestly?"
Jerry, singing, p 48: "Everybody is there!"
Doris, calling from outside, p 50: "Yoo-hoo!"
Foon

Post by Foon »

mightyfelix wrote: March 25th, 2019, 11:48 am
I can confirm that I've included this line in my original reading, as I saw it in there and figured "why not, if it's not needed it can be cut later". So that particular one at least is taken care of.
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Foon wrote: March 25th, 2019, 12:32 pm I can confirm that I've included this line in my original reading, as I saw it in there and figured "why not, if it's not needed it can be cut later". So that particular one at least is taken care of.
Thank you, Foon! I've made a note in the MW so I remember it's there when editing.
Tomas Peter
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Foon wrote: March 25th, 2019, 12:32 pm
mightyfelix wrote: March 25th, 2019, 11:48 am
I can confirm that I've included this line in my original reading, as I saw it in there and figured "why not, if it's not needed it can be cut later". So that particular one at least is taken care of.
Snooks asked “Who did you yoo-hoo to?”, but I told da bum it’s “To whom did you yoo-hoo?”
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
benderca

Post by benderca »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: March 25th, 2019, 2:00 pm Snooks asked “Who did you yoo-hoo to?”, but I told da bum it’s “To whom did you yoo-hoo?”
Good call! :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you too choose to yoo-hoo, you two might yoo-hoo to whom you choose.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I read through act 2, to see if there were any more hidden lines. I'll try to do act 3 over the next couple of days, if I can. There are only a few in this act, but the first one belongs to a character who has no other spoken line. So if you want another voice there besides mine, you'd have to add another person for the sake of this one line. Your call, really.
Chauffer, p. 60: "The Honorable Joseph Fish, Senator from Idaho."
Dada, p 64: A vague "Hm!"
Jones, p 69, announces: "Major-General Pushing, U.S.A."
Jerry, p. 113: "What?"
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

mightyfelix wrote: March 27th, 2019, 9:56 pm I read through act 2, to see if there were any more hidden lines.
What with all the hidden lines, secret messages and such, maybe we should re-title this play "The De Vorah Code". :lol:

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: March 27th, 2019, 10:12 pm
mightyfelix wrote: March 27th, 2019, 9:56 pm I read through act 2, to see if there were any more hidden lines.
What with all the hidden lines, secret messages and such, maybe we should re-title this play "The De Vorah Code". :lol:

Chris
Haha, that's pretty good! Actually, it seems like they're mostly in act 1. I just read through act 3 after all (it was much shorter than the others), and didn't find any.
benderca

Post by benderca »

WiltedScribe wrote: March 24th, 2019, 4:15 pm I can grant another two-month extension, since I know the amount of stage directions is copious. Some other roles (including mine) are still outstanding and I'm assuming those readers will want extensions, too. Maybe when the stage directions come in I'll ask everyone else to expedite their files. :P
Yes, an extension for me, please! I‘ve got one act recorded, but not yet edited. Thanks!
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thanks for letting me know, TJ! I'll give you a two-month extension. :)
Tomas Peter
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

Hello-

May I please get an extension of a week to finish editing my files?

Thank you!
Josh Kibbey