COMPLETE [PLAY] The Vegetable by F. Scott Fitzgerald - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thank you, both! I don't think Sonia will get to your files today, but definitely tomorrow. :thumbs:
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bhavya wrote: February 6th, 2019, 10:29 am Thank you so much! Here is act 2.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/vegetable_charlottefrost_2_128kb.mp3
thank you, Bhavya, great performance again. Charlotte keeps bickering :lol: this time I noticed a missing line ;)

> at about 2:31: missing line (p. 99): “Who is he ?

> at 2:56: between “Oh you do” and “speak right up”, you could leave a bit more space for the stage directions

since you have to reupload anyway, you could maybe run one round of noise cleaning, the background noise is quite pronounced. The volume is also slightly under 86, but that will get adjusted by the editor anyway.

Thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

pschempf wrote: February 6th, 2019, 1:45 pm Here is the Honorable :roll: Chief Justice Fossile -
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/vegetable_fossile_2_128kb.mp3
oh-hooo, this was a stern character, but somehow very funny in his pompous way :lol: This whole scene was quite surrealistic.

Excellently portrayed and played out, Phil. Totally PL ok. Thank you for this marvellous contribution. :9:

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: February 7th, 2019, 5:32 amHere are Doris act 2 and 3:
hehe, Doris is just as snotty as in Act 1. :mrgreen: :thumbs: oh and you are so mean to Dada in Act 2.

Excellent job throughout the acts, Foon.

I have only two small notes:

in Act 2:

> at about 9:08: (p. 109) missing ALL line: “Too late ?

in Act 3:

> at 1:03: (p. 116) missing beginning of line: “I didn’t say he was, did I ?” this is repeated similarily, so maybe that’s why you cut it in the editing phase. I think, it would maybe fit Doris' character to repeat such things, but I leave that to you, it's probably optional

thanks

Sonia
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Kitty wrote: February 7th, 2019, 3:14 am
bhavya wrote: February 6th, 2019, 10:29 am Thank you so much! Here is act 2.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/vegetable_charlottefrost_2_128kb.mp3
thank you, Bhavya, great performance again. Charlotte keeps bickering :lol: this time I noticed a missing line ;)

> at about 2:31: missing line (p. 99): “Who is he ?

> at 2:56: between “Oh you do” and “speak right up”, you could leave a bit more space for the stage directions

since you have to reupload anyway, you could maybe run one round of noise cleaning, the background noise is quite pronounced. The volume is also slightly under 86, but that will get adjusted by the editor anyway.

Thank you

Sonia
Thank you!

Here is updated act 2:https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/vegetable_charlottefrost_2_128kb.mp3

and act 3:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/vegetable_03_charlottefrost_128kb.mp3
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hehe I love the snotty newsboy who wanted a career in the Ku Klux :lol: Fitzgerald really didn't have a problem including controversial topics.

Newsboy already PL ok.

For the Senator, I have a couple of small notes:

> for the voice credit, could you maybe say “First Senator”, because we also have a second and third in the credits

> at about 0:12: (p. 109) missing ALL line: “Too late ?”.

oh yes, according to Checker the volume is over 92 dB in both files, but there is no clipping, so this will get adjusted by the editor

thanks, Leanne :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bhavya wrote: February 7th, 2019, 9:49 am Here is updated act 2:https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/vegetable_charlottefrost_2_128kb.mp3
thank you, Act 2 is PL ok now.

Will get to Act 3 soon !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wonderful third act. Now Charlotte changes her fury into sympathetic worry. So there's going to be a happy ending. :9: Everything perfect, nothing missing.

A great performance was the telephone chat. Very good that you left some pauses in between to give the impression that someone was actually speaking on the other side. :thumbs:

Only one thing:

> at 5:04: "I don’t care, he’s mine." - I nearly got a heart attack when you said “mistake” louder after that. :help:
Could you please cut out the version you didn’t like, so that we won’t use that by chance ? And please also cut out “Mistake” at 5:09 ;)

thanks

Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, now it's perfectly PL ok :)

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thanks, Chuck. :) I don't think there's such a thing as being too ridiculous here. :lol:
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote: February 8th, 2019, 4:34 pmMore Fish. Hope I didn't make him too ridiculous. :-)
no you bring the exact dose of ridicule into the play :lol: perfectly done. I especially marvel at this strange gum-swallowing noise you managed near the end. It sounds alarming :shock: btw I was fully expecting you do do the whole scene chewing gum while speaking LOL but that may have been too inarticulate maybe :mrgreen:

Excellent job, all in all. I can mark both acts PL ok. I must note however that some parts are very low in sound, and probably need amplification. But that can be done in the editing phase.

I only have two small notes for Act 2, but they are optional:

> at 3:30-3:50: (p. 65): "Nothing..." till "for almost an hour". You have this line twice here. Is there one version you prefer, then you could cut the other out, or do you want the editor to decide ?

> at 5:29-5:40: (p. 107-108): I'm not sure whether at this point Fish would be joining the chorus with the Hurrahs, especially not the "Down with Irish-Poland" shout, because he is supposed to be a citizen of Irish-Poland by then. :hmm: But of course, war has been declared, so maybe he hopes that Idaho will belong back to the US. So let's leave the lines in for now, we can let the editor decide.

Great job, Chuck !

BTW guys, I noticed something that does not really make sense. If all of Act 2 would only be in Jerry's befuddled alcohol dream, then it doesn't make sense that there are so many scenes where Jerry isn't even present :| since he would't be aware what's happening then. :wink: Or maybe he just sees it all like in a movie, yes, that could be an explanation. :hmm:

Sonia