COMPLETE[PLAY]Crossings: A Fairy Play by De la Mare - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Anitazz

Post by Anitazz »

ToddHW wrote: July 27th, 2019, 6:15 pm Thank you. I see you have done some book readings. Only a couple of things different for plays:

1) Leave 3-5 seconds space between your lines. I have to cut everything apart to paste together the final files and that makes it easier for me to make those cuts cleanly.

2) Be sure to include a voice credit at the beginning of your file: "Lady Minch (of the Hall, Great Crossings), read by [whatever name you want to use as a reader]

3) Have fun acting out the part!

Feel free to ask questions.

Thanks, Todd
Uploaded the part of Lady Minch (Act 4)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/crossingsafairyplay_ladyminch_04_128kb.mp3 (3:15)

Let me know if you need changes. Thanks!
Anita
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Well done, Anita. This was your first dramatic recording? You did great! I have a few notes for you, pretty minor.

For your voice credit, you need to include the entire character description as stated in the MW. In this case, it should be "Lady Minch (of the Hall, Great Crossings), read by..."
1:43 Every time your line is interrupted by a stage direction, be sure you leave a space of silence. That occurs here between "Demented!" and "Fairy fiddlesticks!"
1:56 Same idea here. Space between "Tell Sir Thomas" and "Why it was years ago"
2:26 Space between "Julia!" and "Julia, I cannot move"

Pretty easy fixes. Thanks! :D
Anitazz

Post by Anitazz »

mightyfelix wrote: July 29th, 2019, 10:42 am Well done, Anita. This was your first dramatic recording? You did great! I have a few notes for you, pretty minor.

For your voice credit, you need to include the entire character description as stated in the MW. In this case, it should be "Lady Minch (of the Hall, Great Crossings), read by..."
1:43 Every time your line is interrupted by a stage direction, be sure you leave a space of silence. That occurs here between "Demented!" and "Fairy fiddlesticks!"

Hi! I've uploaded the corrections. I have recorded for two other Dramatic Readings, but they are both still in process (Courage and A Little Girl in Old Boston). I will remember to pause for stage directions in future. Thanks!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/crossingsafairyplay_ladyminch_04_128kb.mp3 (3:28)

Anita
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Availle wrote: July 27th, 2019, 6:19 pm Not sure if I'm welcoming enough, but I'd be happy to be somebody's sister ;-)
Thank you.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Anitazz wrote: July 29th, 2019, 2:46 pm
mightyfelix wrote: July 29th, 2019, 10:42 am Well done, Anita. This was your first dramatic recording? You did great! I have a few notes for you, pretty minor.

Hi! I've uploaded the corrections. I have recorded for two other Dramatic Readings, but they are both still in process (Courage and A Little Girl in Old Boston). I will remember to pause for stage directions in future. Thanks!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/crossingsafairyplay_ladyminch_04_128kb.mp3 (3:28)

Anita
This is now PL OK. Great voice for the part.

Thanks, Todd
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Here is Mrs. Welcome, I hope she's manly enough:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/crossingsafairyplay_4_mrswelcome.mp3
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Nice reading, Ava. I like the genial no-nonsense character you gave her. :) I have a few notes for you, mostly spacing.

Missed line at 2:17. "And how's your little Jemima, Mrs. Budge?"
There are several places where your line is interrupted by stage directions, and you forgot to leave a pause. This occurs at:
1:43, after "Louisa, Jeremy!"
1:49, after "a holy terror."
3:25, after "just the difficulty."
3:44 after "long bill to pay for this."
4:02 after "on the duckpond."
4:40 after "come you must."

I also have an optional suggestion for your "Louisa, Jeremy" line at 1:40. (Great chuckle, by the way!) This line is spoken to Jeremy, and I think she's pointing out to him in an undertone "Hey, look, Jeremy, here comes Louisa." From her next line, it seems that Jeremy doesn't like Louisa, so I think she is teasing him here. If you'd like to do it with this kind of tone/dynamic in mind, I think it would work very well. But it's your decision. :)
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Mrs. Welcome fixed and reuploaded.

Thank you! :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

ToddHW wrote: February 14th, 2019, 9:31 am
Both great. Love the accent you used for her. PL OK.

Thanks, Todd
I'm sorry - I missed that there is another Act 5 line for Josephine on page 84: "As for me, Mr Wildersham, if you don't mind my saying so, I've never been so happy in my life.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I now have completed drafts of all acts - you all really sound great in this story - but we are still missing some roles.....

Thanks, Todd
Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe »

Hi Todd,
Here's my missing line from Act 5:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/josephine_5_128kb.mp3
:D
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Mrs. Welcome is PL ok now. Sorry that sat for awhile before I noticed it waiting for me. :oops:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Todd. I can read a role in for you. Would you rather I do Jemima, the small girl, with my 52yo voice, or the baker as a woman?
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)