COMPLETE[PLAY]The Benefit of the Doubt by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and another great performance, I'm being spoiled here tonight. Those two seem to want to work it out in the end it seems. Somehow it's a tragic relationship.

I loved your mood-changes all throughout. With Olive you behave differently than with Theo. And with Mr Fraser you are positively trying to restrain your anger, while the few words you offer to Claude drip with contempt :lol: a complex character. Well played, Nemo.

Thank you for this excellent part. All PL ok.

Sonia
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Thank YOU for taking the time to PL Sonia! .... I really appreciate all that you do!
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: February 15th, 2019, 11:28 pmI have worked hard to get this as near perfect as I can.
Stage Directions for Act I:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/benefitofthedoubt_stagedirections_1_128kb.mp3 32:26
and finally Larry.... I must admit I was already a bit worn out by listening to Olive and John who are both very long roles, so I didn't think I would take on another half hour of stage directions after that. But then I felt I couldn't do this to you Larry, and I made the effort after all.

Excellently narrated, yet again. By now you are getting used to the Pinero stage directions :lol: You'll go down in LV history as our resident Pinero narrator if you're not careful ;)

And from all my heart, thank you, THANK you, for the optimal level of accuracy this time. You made it very easy and I really needed easy tonight. You can be proud of this performance, I did not find anything missing or anything wrong. This is PL ok on the first go. :clap:

:)

(and now I definitely need a rest)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Okay, I can start some assembly now!

Thanks, Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Oh, thank you Sonia for your dedicated effort!
From the bottom of my heart, thank you. :9:

I will get busy on editing the other two acts so we can keep Todd busy on putting this together.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

silverquill wrote: February 16th, 2019, 8:23 pm Oh, thank you Sonia for your dedicated effort!
From the bottom of my heart, thank you. :9:

I will get busy on editing the other two acts so we can keep Todd busy on putting this together.
That's right, keep Todd too busy to record his own lines on projects....

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: February 17th, 2019, 5:37 amThat's right, keep Todd too busy to record his own lines on projects....
unfortunately you are the victim of your success. Your plays are so popular that you'll never be out of a job.

I know how you feel. To get your own parts done you need to ignore the forum posts for one entire day for example and set this day aside for your own recordings. That's how I do it sometimes, even though I know there will be some PL backlog screaming for me when I log on again. :lol:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Draft of Act 1 - 67 minutes, and some parts missing. Hopefully there are enough gaps to fit in the rest without getting too long....

Not ready for PL yet, of course - but it is great to see the story coming together. Wonderful - you all are wonderful.

Thanks, Todd
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Hi Todd

I think I will give up the role of Denzil Shafto as I feel I have taken on a few to many things recently and I do not want to hold up a project which seems to be completing rapidly. Hopefully one of our keen new readers may pick it up quickly.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Just to let you know, Todd, that on my first edit, the stage directions alone for Act II go on for over 50 minutes. I want to do a final polish before I had it off to Sonia.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

silverquill wrote: February 18th, 2019, 11:24 pm Just to let you know, Todd, that on my first edit, the stage directions alone for Act II go on for over 50 minutes. I want to do a final polish before I had it off to Sonia.
Larry,

Could you add the following to the Act 2 file? Just at the end is fine. I'll edit it into the file if I have to split it into two parts.

"Act 2, Part 1, of The Benefit of the Doubt" and
"Act 2, Part 2, of The Benefit of the Doubt"

Don't know that we'll need that, but seems likely.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

alanmapstone wrote: February 18th, 2019, 10:53 pm Hi Todd

I think I will give up the role of Denzil Shafto as I feel I have taken on a few to many things recently and I do not want to hold up a project which seems to be completing rapidly. Hopefully one of our keen new readers may pick it up quickly.
Thank you.

Todd
LexHankins

Post by LexHankins »

I'd be happy to read #1 (Denzil Shafto (Allingham’s Friend), Act 2).
--
Lex (she/her)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

LexHankins wrote: February 23rd, 2019, 11:32 pmI'd be happy to read #1 (Denzil Shafto (Allingham’s Friend), Act 2).
super, thank you, Lex, glad to have you on board. And that makes us Fully Claimed again :9:

Sonia
LexHankins

Post by LexHankins »

Pronounciation questions:

Allingham -- AL-ing-HAM? AL-ing-ƏM?
Fraser -- FRAY-zer? Or perhaps FRAY-zher (like the 90s sitcom)?
--
Lex (she/her)